Just in, Packers to change colors.

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say keep the traditional look. If anything add the stipes to the sleeves, thats it. I hate the took of all the new jersey changes, ie Bengals & now the Vikings. They both look hideous, however, the Vikes looks a little better than the awful Bengals jerseys. I think Titletown should keep the tradition alive, and not cheapen it with crappy new jerseys.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the Bengals jerseys for the most part. I think the Vikings jerseys are hideous, but I like some of the changes that have been made, particularly in teams that are newer and don't have that much tradition in the jerseys, or teams that had hideous ones in the past like the Broncos and Bucs. I couldn't see teams like the Packers or Bears ever making major changes, and if they did it would be a shame.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
I found Ron Wolfs proposal!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This re-design was never implemented. Ron Wolf was quoted in the St. Petersburg Times, discussing the re-design and explaining his decision to withdraw it:

"I never liked the yellow color in the Packers scheme," Wolf said. "NFL books say it's 'green and gold' but anybody can see it's a Michigan kind of yellow, of maize, which didn't sit well with me.

"I put together a proposal to change Green Bay uniforms, replacing the yellow with a gold much like we see on Rams uniforms and helmets. There were some other changes but I wasn't messing with the "G' on Packers helmets.

"Everything was approved by the seven-member executive committee that operates the Packers. All I had to do was give the go-ahead.

"I repeatedly looked over drawings of the new Packers uniform, thinking I would soon be pulling the trigger on changes. But, after a little more thought, decided it just didn't fly. We needed to fix what was truly broken. What we really had to have was better people on the field."

If the Lombardi-era uniforms were ever to be radically changed, that was the time. The Green and Gold has since regained its prominence, thanks in no small part to the team that Wolf put on the field. If the Packers had won a Super Bowl in these uniforms, there is a possibility that the fans could have come to accept the change.

In recent interviews, Ron Wolf has since reiterated his preference for a metallic gold over the Packers' yellow.

http://www.packersuniforms.com/

Guess that would have looked pretty slick.

NiVeK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The jerseys we have now are fantastic!
PLEASE do NOT add more stripes.
Maybe add our name on the front above the number like the newer jerseys are doing.
All in all, I LOVE OUR JERSEYS!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would expect there would be great resistence by Packer fans to any major color change to the Packer uniforms, just as there was to Wolf's proposal in 1994. This topic is much to do about nothing. It isn't going to happen. Packer colors will remain, as they have been from many years.

If anyone has documented information concerning of color changes in Green Bay Packer uniforms by The Green Bay Packer upper management, please post it. Ron Wolf has been retired since 2001 ,these sketches of uniforms are 12 years old and Ron no longer has any authority concerning the operations of the Green Bay Packers..

I would think any uniform color change would have to go through Packer GM Ted Thompson, the Packer President Robert Harlan and Packer Executive Committee. And that simply is not going to happen!!!!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packers.com/history/fast_fac ... m_history/

complete line up of everysingle change ever made on our unis, someone already posted it but i wanted to know if weve ever had the baby blue and gold unis as a league throwback. I know your only allowed to wear throw backs twice a year, but have we ever used that blue jersey and if not why.

also that thanksgiving game jersey was uber weird, but i think we should wear that twice a year(if not the blues) during the detroit games.

Staff online

Members online