June 1 cuts

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I'm from North Dakota and I read all of your posts so much that I decided it was time to get involved and sign up. What defensive players do you all think may be available after the June 1 cuts?

I hate to say this, but if Minny cuts Chavous, I'd like to see us nab him like Minny did with Sharper! The Pack probably need a pass-rushing DE more and I was wondering if anyone will be available after the cut? :lol:

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome ND packer fan--If the Packers pick up a Defensive free agent after June 1st- I would be surprised. From the talk around Green BAy, The Packers will stick with the players they now have on their roster. According to some Packer sources they think the player s on this present Packer squad can do the job. They will not be in the market for anybody's high priced Free agent especially one with some mileage on him. They remember Joe Johnson and Harley Nikkerson deals. But you never kow, if Ted Thompson sees somebody he really likes and things are right with the deal. Who knows.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I hear, Bates thinks the defensive line could be a strength because he feels they have depth there. I know they have a lot of players number-wise, but do they stack up to make a good line? I guess time will tell. I do like Cullen Jenkins because he's quick off the ball and plays hard every down. Wish Hunt would take some pointers from some of the young blood they have. Guess money takes the hunger sometimes, doesn't it?

Oh, by the way, living in North Dakota puts you right in the heart of Viking country. Makes me want to :puke:

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ND packer fan, I impressed with you posting concerning the Packers. I have been on this Fackers Forum just a short time. This is the best one. These posters post seriously about Football. As your posting are. I was born and raised in Green BAy and now and now live in DePere which is located 5 miles fromLambeau Field. which means I have followed the Packers all my life. There is talent on this Green Bay Roster. The Packers are counting on this talent to take a step forward this year, and some will become starters. Some of the rookies starters last year will be vastly improved. The Packers have hedged on this by bringing in some less expensive free agents to push the Packer players on last year's roster and also have 11 draftees from this year draft. Most of this years draft will be for the future. Like Aaron Campbell, he will probably hold for EP and FG but for the most part will be learning the very complicated Packer Offense, and be helped by the master "good old #4". In the meantime Craig Nall will back up Brett. Craig has 3 years in the system and has a good grasp of it. If you have a questions about the Packers,I will be glad to respond to your questions. But nobody knows what this Packer team will do this year, and no fan of any other team knows really what their team will do this year. Example The Chargers 3-13 in '03 and 13-3 in '04. It is parity in N.F.L. with it's salary cap & free agency (both started in '93 and the good old N.F.L. draft started in '36. But I have a good hunch it will be the 13th year of Packer non losing seasons started in 1992. But you can expect one thing with #4 at control of the Packer offense, anything can happen, but now if the defense can----I have been long winded enough on this posting. I am closing this out before I put some Packer fan to sleep who read these ramblings of an old Packer Fan from Green Bay.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
I am closing this out before I put some Packer fan to sleep who read these ramblings of an old Packer Fan from Green Bay.
I wish I could be an old Packer fan from Green Bay.:cry: I'm just lucky they are a good national draw and make it onto TV fairly often.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JD said:
PWT36 said:
I am closing this out before I put some Packer fan to sleep who read these ramblings of an old Packer Fan from Green Bay.
I wish I could be an old Packer fan from Green Bay.:cry: I'm just lucky they are a good national draw and make it onto TV fairly often.
They do get quite a lot of National airtime. I get the Sunday Ticket from Direct TV for the sole purpose of watching the Packers on Sunday 16 times a year. Whoever is in charge of scheduling games also makes the Vikes and Packers play at different times which helps the locals see the Pack.

Off the subject but I went to the Cowboys game at Lambeau last season and it was so awesome! Ahman Green ran for a 90+ yard TD and Favre was unstoppable! I'm thinking about going to another game this year but haven't decided which one - probably either the Saints or Browns. :D

Latest posts