Jordy Nelson interview.

LoafInIowa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest, I'd never seen Pat McAfee before this and now feel I've missed nothing. Jordy was interesting, though.

McAfee is hilarious & I enjoy listening to both his podcast & also his AJ Hawk & him podcast. Makes me smile most days.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone ever think Rodgers might just think
it sucks that GB put Jordy out to pasture? This years WR group is poised to be better, but not enough to hide the incompetence we’ve had behind Davante since letting Jordy, Cobb and Monty go.

Well sure, but I also tend to think that Jordy may have retired anyway after 2018 which still would have meant replacing was needed. I liked Cobb, and he did have a somewhat resurgence last year with over 800 receiving yards, but only one more TD than the year before. Don't really think keeping him around would have made a difference in terms of winning or losing against SF. And remember Monty was a RB, no longer a WR by the time he left, and was really contributing very little by then.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone ever think Rodgers might just think
it sucks that GB put Jordy out to pasture? It’s probably something not fun to face losing a great player who’s also a friend. Do we think for one second he’d ignore Jordy text if he signed a 1 year deal? He’d get a call in 39 seconds from Rodgers.

As for Jordy. I love he’s so humble. We can all learn some more of that. I’m really glad he’d enjoying the retired life he’ll always be one of my favorite Packers. I was so mad when I found out we could’ve had him on the cheap. We know now how that strategy clearly did not work. This years WR group is poised to be better, but not enough to hide the incompetence we’ve had behind Davante since letting Jordy, Cobb and Monty go.

There’s no doubt that he was upset but I do understand the decision. Cheap Jordy would have been nice but the Packers just drafted three receivers and needed to get them on the field. Lost in all this is how young these receivers really are. Jordy had an amazing career but even he didn’t come on until year four. It took Devante Adams three years to show anything. MVS, Lazard and EQ are coming into that pivotal year 3 and we have seen promise in all of them. These are the year two numbers so we can see how they stack up. (EQ was hurt last year so I put his rookie stats.)

Adams 50 catches, 483 yards, 1 TD
Lazard 35 catches, 477 yards, 3 TD
MVS 35 catches, 452 yards, 2 TD
Nelson 22 catches, 320 yards, 2 TD
EQ 21 catches, 328 yards, 0 TD

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or maybe Rodgers is just bad with text. I love my family and friends to death but I’ve been accused of being a bad texter, many many times and Deservingly so. That conversation wouldn’t have been as light hearted if that wasn’t the case. I think you are reading way to much into this one.
Yikes now someone is dissing ARod because he doesn’t return (or nitiate) texts? What else is lurking beneath this evil person wearing #12. If anything, it shows a little social media discipline.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yikes now someone is dissing ARod because he doesn’t return (or nitiate) texts? What else is lurking beneath this evil person wearing #12. If anything, it shows a little social media discipline.

That’s it! Jordy is a farm boy and Rodgers hates animals. I didn’t want to believe it but I heard that he once kicked a puppy.

D

Deleted member 6794

Lost in all this is how young these receivers really are. Jordy had an amazing career but even he didn’t come on until year four. It took Devante Adams three years to show anything. MVS, Lazard and EQ are coming into that pivotal year 3 and we have seen promise in all of them. These are the year two numbers so we can see how they stack up. (EQ was hurt last year so I put his rookie stats.)

Adams 50 catches, 483 yards, 1 TD
Lazard 35 catches, 477 yards, 3 TD
MVS 35 catches, 452 yards, 2 TD
Nelson 22 catches, 320 yards, 2 TD
EQ 21 catches, 328 yards, 0 TD

You have to consider that the Packers had way more talent at wide receiver at the time Nelson and Adams, making it way tougher for either of them to even receive snaps.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson was/is my favourite Packer player by far. He came across as such a down to earth guy. No ego whatsoever. James Jones was another.
Well said, and they both produced. They were important to the success of their respective teams. And, just nice guys.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Jordy was let go the team lost a great player, a great locker room guy and the community lost a very valuable member.

Members online

Latest posts