1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Johnny Jolly

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by buggybill2003, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    He should go into the fruit spreading business.
    Johnny Jolly's Jams and Jellies.
    Or just:
    Jolly's Jelly.

2. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I'm not sure I could ever buy a product called "Jolly Jelly."

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm predicting Jolly is in for 25+ plays, has 2 batted balls, 3 QB pressures, 4.5 tackles and one sack. Go Pack!

4. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Playing Jolly on 3rd down is the pressure answer.

5. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Anything but. He can RE, but Daniels/Datone is the answer to THAT problem

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...me-in-starting-role-b9997444z1-223718741.html

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Unreal. Hooked on Drugs. Went to Jail. Came back to the team and makes the roster and appears to be better than most our lineman.

Congrats Johnny.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    He looked pretty good against the 49ers. He was pressuring the QB frequently and was driving the OL into the backfield. Still got that strength and power!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Boss. Completely deserved. Does mean Wilson is probably the odd man out when Worthy comes back

10. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Congratulations to Mr. Johnny Jolly on winning your starting spot back. I always had faith in you, keep up the good work.
    Keep proving your doubters wrong and improving as I believe you can ! :tup:

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Go back and watch the interview of Jolly before he was sent away for prison. Johnny Jolly has passion in spades. Johnny had the remorse he just needed the support from friends and family. In subsequent interviews this year it is even more apparent just how integral football is to Johnny Jolly's life and just HOW much he loves the game. Thank God Johnny Jolly had GREAT friends willing to see him through his hard times. Its too bad some in this thread just wanted to kick Johnny Jolly to the curb.

Leads me to further say that I wonder how some after following the preseason had any doubts to Jolly making the roster.

Health permitting the D-line should be a strength all season long. We should be MUCH better at setting the edge with Jolly, D. Jones, and company in 2013.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    While we all understand this is a controversial issue and we all have our opinions on the matter, please remember to keep your comments or opinions in good taste or make sure they are appropriate or they will be deleted. This post is not directed any any single individual but to all of us.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    If I may offer my own opinion on the matter, I hope Johnny Jolly as a human being rises above this conflict. We all make mistakes in our life, we all do things we regret. How many second chances has life given us, has our loved ones given us? If the Packers are willing to welcome Jolly back into the Pack family that speaks volumes. Perhaps instead of focusing on his past we should focus on his present and future as a part of our team.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Narveson

Narveson Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    This story has so many twists and turns, I think it's the reason why I'm so drawn to it. This guy 3 years ago, I thought we would never see him put on a Packer jersey and now he's starting. If he has truly buried his demons, it's the american dream because you are defined in life by how you handle adversity. I hope for nothing but the best for Mr. Jolly and hope that he can keep up the good work.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Excellent comment but am I missing something from my computer ? I can`t see anything offensive here ? I think he`s proved everybody wrong who doubted him. I`m a big supporter of him myself. Just saying.

16. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    There were some comments or opinions offered that were questionable to say the least. While there is no harm in debating or discussing it we must keep such comments in good taste. That is not to be said if you disagree or you have something negative to say, it can't be said but the key here is keeping such things appropriate. For instance you can say I disagree with the league reinstating him or the Pack signing him and give your reasons without offending half the forum.

The reason you are not seeing anything offensive is probably because they have been removed.

17. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Thank you for your explanation. I went right through the thread and couldn`t see anything.

• Like Like x 1