John Defilipo Fired

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all those who though he would be a candidate or wanted him. Vikings cutting ties with him already. Not a good look

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...ed-by-vikings-after-loss-to-seahawks.amp.html

This was a foolish hire anyway because Zimmer wants to pound the ball and the eagles were a pass happy team. Add that to Zimmer putting some of this on himself constantly questioning keenum last year and not committing to him leading them to overspend on Cousins. I don't think DeFilippo is good but seriously it is a really overrated offense talent wise. The oline is terrible. I don't know if they have a single above average guy according to PFF. They don't have a number 3 wr. Rudolph is a solid not great te but seems to be regressing some. Maybe cook is a special rb but he hasn't bee. Great. That leaves two really really good wrs and then Cousins who is vastly overrated in my mind. Not a winning hand. Last year was an outlier on offense.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be absolutely furious if they hire him as head coach

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what happens when you score a total of 17 points in back-to-back important games.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A new gesture is going around Minnesota its been coined "The DeFilippo"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Things are definitely heating up in Minneapolis!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Things are definitely heating up in Minneapolis!

That looks like it's from Green Bay. I find it funny that Packers fans are calling MN a dumpster fire after firing their OC, while in Green Bay they fired their own HC.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That looks like it's from Green Bay. I find it funny that Packers fans are calling MN a dumpster fire after firing their OC, while in Green Bay they fired their own HC.
LOL! I think Raptorman has us there gang.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
LOL....just a little good-natured ribbing from friend. Yes, our dumpster fire will continue to burn and at seasons end, I imagine you will get 1st degree burns if you get too close!

I swear, you have a bell that goes off when your name is mentioned here! :cautious:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
LOL....just a little good-natured ribbing from friend. Yes, our dumpster fire will continue to burn and at seasons end, I imagine you will get 1st degree burns if you get too close!

I swear, you have a bell that goes off when your name is mentioned here! :cautious:
Both teams have sucked more or less for the past 5 yeas. Sure we had a good year last year. But I never like the DeFlip hiring. If Shurmer and Tony Sparano were still around............things might be different. Now we get to see if keeping Stefanski from the Giants last year was worth it.

FWIW. The Packer and Vikings record the last 5 years. Packers 44-32-1. Vikings 45-31-1.

Eduardo Valadares

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both teams have sucked more or less for the past 5 yeas. Sure we had a good year last year. But I never like the DeFlip hiring. If Shurmer and Tony Sparano were still around............things might be different. Now we get to see if keeping Stefanski from the Giants last year was worth it.

FWIW. The Packer and Vikings record the last 5 years. Packers 44-32-1. Vikings 45-31-1.

That record includes that armed robbery in the last game, right?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I never thought the Vikings would be were they are in the division.
I would of bet the Bears would be in the basement this time of year.
Anyway, good luck Bears and enjoy the play-offs cuz the Packers will be there next season.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can definitely say I told you so on this one. Man was riding Pederson's coattails in Philly into getting the OC job.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh he very well could be a 1 hit wonder too, but he still would be the brain trust of Philly with JDF just hanging on like a leach.

Reaction score
Even if Vero residents get confused and take Hwy A1A to try to get to a game at Heinz Field.. that still ain’t funny! :rolleyes: