Jim Irsay calls Peyton Manning ''a politician''

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Lordy Lordy. Camelot seems to be changing.

Peyton is gone Lauren. I would be almost shocked if he isn't. The writing has been on the wall. In fact a few did not believe me but several months ago in that place I analyzed Irsay's "1997 tweets". I honestly feel with all the coaches being let go and the Polian empire that Peyton also sees it and is not happy.

I guess I could be wrong. I got into Stanford early in the season since I felt I might be supporting Luck for a long long time.

I could be wrong. It just makes no sense to me. The whole thing is changing. How does Peyton fit in it? He does not IMO. And since the Colts lost out on Elway I don't think they will pass up another highly regarded Stanford QB.

The Colts are bigger then any one player though. Irsay just gave fans another subtle message on twitter tonight:
"Peyton and I love each other,that goes without saying..I humbly serve n protect the Horseshoe..it is bigger than
any individual,including me"

Mississippi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh, I'm in screw Irsay mode right now. I get and approve of most of what he's doing, I don't approve of shutting out the guy who made the 2000's Colts singlehandedly for you. If he'd simply come out and said what he was up to and that he felt the organization had a fabulous partnership with Peyton but that partnership could no longer continue, I'd respect it. But this hinting crap, this wishy washy crap, this sniping and giving Peyton the cold shoulder kind of junk...that doesn't wash with me. And frankly, I have little doubt the Colts would have been junk for the past decade and a half if it hadn't been for Peyton. That deserves more respect than Irsay has been demonstrating.

I have to agree that there is no way Peyton comes back, and I think Peyton's aware of that now too. My biggest question is who does he go to? Or does he decide to retire? I'm also curious to see how Luck will handle his first year. I'd say I'm slightly excited for it if I were more impressed with his play in college, but as you know, I'm skeptical. One way or the other though, it'll be an interesting next few years to decade for the Colts, most assuredly.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Eh, I'm in screw Irsay mode right now. I get and approve of most of what he's doing, I don't approve of shutting out the guy who made the 2000's Colts singlehandedly for you. If he'd simply come out and said what he was up to and that he felt the organization had a fabulous partnership with Peyton but that partnership could no longer continue, I'd respect it. But this hinting crap, this wishy washy crap, this sniping and giving Peyton the cold shoulder kind of junk...that doesn't wash with me. And frankly, I have little doubt the Colts would have been junk for the past decade and a half if it hadn't been for Peyton. That deserves more respect than Irsay has been demonstrating.

I have to agree that there is no way Peyton comes back, and I think Peyton's aware of that now too. My biggest question is who does he go to? Or does he decide to retire? I'm also curious to see how Luck will handle his first year. I'd say I'm slightly excited for it if I were more impressed with his play in college, but as you know, I'm skeptical. One way or the other though, it'll be an interesting next few years to decade for the Colts, most assuredly.

It doesn't sit well with plenty of Colts fans. I confess, I started to post a bit on .com lately. Interesting stuff. I feel like a lot of us need to be with each other right now and get it out of our systems.

I heard on the radio that eventually Irsay is going to start selling the Colts fanbase on the idea of someone other then Peyton being the center of the franchise. When this happens, I don't know. I do know that Irsay is supposedly smitten with Luck word was and has been since day 1. I am sure that does not make Peyton feel too good.

It's like Irsay is trying to break up with Peyton but not do it out right. I almost feel the Rob Lowe thing was a plan by him too as another "hint". Lowe is a friend of Irsay.

As you know already, I have been high on Luck for a while. I feel he will be just fine. I just won't expect over night miracles or anything. Heck, many were skeptical on Peyton too coming out of college I remember. Not saying Luck will be Peyton but then again I don't think he will be a bust either, I really don't.

What excites me the most is the chance I am hearing on building a more balanced team. A team who can win on both sides of the ball. Luck might actually have more opportunities for playoff success over Manning in the future if the rebuilding plan works out.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think my biggest question now is WHEN is he going to be released if he is? According to what I hear 2 to 3 weeks. After the SB? How awful if he is watching Eli then canned a few days later?

It's odd. According to Kravitz if you can believe this.....when Irsay said "If Peyton is healthy he is playing for the Colts next year," Irsay KNEW from team doctors already that Peyton would not be healthy by March whatever the date was.

Hmmmm.....

SO basically whats the hold up?

When Irsay has said recently the Colts are like a family he might have been talking about a mob family.

Still in the end it's his team and he is the owner. He has a right to do whatever he wants and to say what he wants. He writes the checks. I feel as if he almost knew this was all coming from early last season based on his "1997" tweets.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think my biggest question now is WHEN is he going to be released if he is? According to what I hear 2 to 3 weeks. After the SB? How awful if he is watching Eli then canned a few days later?

It's odd. According to Kravitz if you can believe this.....when Irsay said "If Peyton is healthy he is playing for the Colts next year," Irsay KNEW from team doctors already that Peyton would not be healthy by March whatever the date was.

Hmmmm.....

SO basically whats the hold up?

When Irsay has said recently the Colts are like a family he might have been talking about a mob family.

Still in the end it's his team and he is the owner. He has a right to do whatever he wants and to say what he wants. He writes the checks. I feel as if he almost knew this was all coming from early last season based on his "1997" tweets.

I think Mr Irsay is playing a public relations game right now. He KNOWS many will be upset if he chops Peyton ( ....and I would bet my bottom dollar that he does it. He's gotta pay Luck...and Peyton is gonna be gone in, at most a year or two. Why not save the $20 million Peyton is due March 1st?)

So rather than have the fans in a tizzy...and the league abuzz about a Peyton cut at the time of the Super Bowl....he says/ does nothing until right after the Super Bowl.

Then BOOM...Peyton's gone the next Tuesday or Wednesday...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts