Jennings pushes Driver, Driver pushes Jennings

tromadz

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
999
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
Before preseason games, Greg Jennings was compared to Donald Driver in almost every way. Some people even threw the word 'clone' out there, not that that is a bad thing.

However, watching the preseason games, it seems they push eachother, in a good way. In preseason week 2, it was like "dueling receptions" between those 2. Driver over the middle, then Jennings. Driver for a long one, then Jennings. And after the receptions they'd both be pumped up and excited.

I just have the feeling Driver and Jennings are going to be competing with eachother (not for a job, just between 2 competitive athletes) all year long, as they try to help the team any way they can.

Jennings said the boys were giving him crap about slowing down on his 85yd TD, and he said he learned from it. He also said he got advice to not Lambeau Leap the way he did. Driver and the boys told him to go in sideways, or backwards. They told him if you go in straight on(the way HE did), the fans...won't let you back in.

I am sure this is me getting over excited, but both those dudes are competitive, talented, and appear to ALREADY be pushing eachother.
 

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Location
Amherst, MA
It hasn't taken long for me to be wishing that Jennings was our #2 WR...

Right now.

We would simply be better off...

How long is this gonna take? Guess that's the question.
 

cyoung

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 4, 2006
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
2
Location
Iowa
I like to see Jennings play but I'd stick him at #4 due to him being a rookie, I think Driver/Ferguson/Gardner will be in front
 

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Joined
May 21, 2005
Messages
2,253
Reaction score
2
Location
North Dakota
MajicMan said:
It hasn't taken long for me to be wishing that Jennings was our #2 WR...

Right now.

We would simply be better off...

How long is this gonna take? Guess that's the question.

It's not gonna take long in my opinion. Jennings already started the last preseason game and if he continues to perform, he'll remain there for week 1 of the regular season. It looks like the only true competition at this point if Jennings doesn't fall off the table is for #3.
 

kmac

Cheesehead
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Location
Milwaukee
cyoung said:
I like to see Jennings play but I'd stick him at #4 due to him being a rookie, I think Driver/Ferguson/Gardner will be in front
Come on, who cares if he's a rookie? The best player should play. As of right now, he is the 2nd best player.
 

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Joined
May 21, 2005
Messages
2,253
Reaction score
2
Location
North Dakota
kmac said:
cyoung said:
I like to see Jennings play but I'd stick him at #4 due to him being a rookie, I think Driver/Ferguson/Gardner will be in front
Come on, who cares if he's a rookie? The best player should play. As of right now, he is the 2nd best player.

Exactly...maybe they should put Hawk down on the depth chart too since he's a rookie and let Manning or Poppings start? :lol:
 

cyoung

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 4, 2006
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
2
Location
Iowa
ok ok I know and you guys make sense and I think he should be up on the chart but we dont know what the coach is going to decide to do, sometimes experience matters to
 

tromadz

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
999
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
nah, this staff seems pretty straightforward, if you are the better player, you're out there.

hes not loyal to a fault like mike sh....like **** Jauron was in Chicago. :)
 

DePack

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
3,904
Reaction score
1
Location
Newark, Delaware
Jennings is the #2 on this team. No question about it, but if he's pushing Driver then maybe we should get rid of him. We don't want any fighters on the team. Get rid of him.....right trom?
 

tromadz

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
999
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
ohhh, nice bait attempt. I had a full paragraph typed out that woulda surely got me banned. lol. ur good.

i have class now. bye bye.
 

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
11,903
Reaction score
4
Location
Green Bay, WI
tromadz said:
ohhh, nice bait attempt. I had a full paragraph typed out that woulda surely got me banned. lol. ur good.

i have class now. bye bye.

I'm glad to see our PM has helped you as well!!
 

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Messages
2,856
Reaction score
0
Location
Marquette, Michigan
I'm not hearing anybody say we should go after Ashley Lelie anymore...or even Jerry Porter. I do think it's become clear that Jennings is our second-best receiver, whether or not he actually starts in the regular season. It won't matter anyway. You can have a 2A and a 2B, and just rotate them freely, keeping each of them fresh and looking to create matchup problems for the defense.
 

cyoung

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 4, 2006
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
2
Location
Iowa
I think he is 2nd best and has a great chance to be 2nd but the possibility of 3rd is always there, maybe he wont play as well in week 3
 

DePack

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
3,904
Reaction score
1
Location
Newark, Delaware
Greg C. said:
I'm not hearing anybody say we should go after Ashley Lelie anymore...or even Jerry Porter. I do think it's become clear that Jennings is our second-best receiver, whether or not he actually starts in the regular season. It won't matter anyway. You can have a 2A and a 2B, and just rotate them freely, keeping each of them fresh and looking to create matchup problems for the defense.

I agree Greg. I hope someone steps up to be a legitimate #3. Who do you see filling that role?
 

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
0
Location
SE Wisconsin
DePack said:
Greg C. said:
I'm not hearing anybody say we should go after Ashley Lelie anymore...or even Jerry Porter. I do think it's become clear that Jennings is our second-best receiver, whether or not he actually starts in the regular season. It won't matter anyway. You can have a 2A and a 2B, and just rotate them freely, keeping each of them fresh and looking to create matchup problems for the defense.

I agree Greg. I hope someone steps up to be a legitimate #3. Who do you see filling that role?

ummmmm.......Robert Ferguson!
 

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
0
Location
SE Wisconsin
cyoung said:
I like to see Jennings play but I'd stick him at #4 due to him being a rookie, I think Driver/Ferguson/Gardner will be in front

you're kidding right? there is no way gardiner is in front of jennings. have you watched any games or practices yet this year?
 

cyoung

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 4, 2006
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
2
Location
Iowa
no practices and yeah Gardner wont but I think he will be #3 I know he is 2nd best but Ferguson is the wide reciever with most expierence with Favre at quarterback
 

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
0
Location
SE Wisconsin
cyoung said:
no practices and yeah Gardner wont but I think he will be #3 I know he is 2nd best but Ferguson is the wide reciever with most expierence with Favre at quarterback


fergie can block well on running plays, so he may keep his # 2 slot. jennings may play inside and run out of the slot his rookie season. i thought gardiner may beat out robert ferguson b/f the season started, but gardiner has done nothing so far in camp. fergie can block better downfeild, and is a strong special teams player.

boerichter will be cut, no doubt about that. we''ll see if gardiner makes the team , or if GB goes w/their young WRers.
 

cyoung

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 4, 2006
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
2
Location
Iowa
I just dont really know about the rest but I fell pretty good with Driver/Ferguson/Jennings
 

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
0
Location
SE Wisconsin
cyoung said:
I just dont really know about the rest but I fell pretty good with Driver/Ferguson/Jennings

me too, w/jennings in the slot. then i see ruvell martin and rogers making the team.
 

cyoung

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 4, 2006
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
2
Location
Iowa
dhpackr said:
cyoung said:
I just dont really know about the rest but I fell pretty good with Driver/Ferguson/Jennings

me too, w/jennings in the slot. then i see ruvell martin and rogers making the team.

I wouldn't Mind Ruvell Martin and Jennings but for some odd reason I like Gardner in there so I'm only sure on the top 3
 

Members online

Latest posts

Top