Jayrone Elliott (OLB) has re-signed with the Green Bay Packers on a 1-year-deal.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He flashed some early but seems to have dropped off in the past year+. Don't know if he was hurt or if he just fell out of favor? They brought him back so we'll see.

OP
OP
C-Lee

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He flashed some early but seems to have dropped off in the past year+. Don't know if he was hurt or if he just fell out of favor? They brought him back so we'll see.
I feel like he's always injured. Hopefully we see a Nick Perry type deal where he finally has a healthy season and shines.

He also seems to be one of our best special teams guys.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No guarantee that Jayrone will even make the team if TT drafts on olb high in the draft. If can shine on special teams he's worth the roster spot.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No guarantee that Jayrone will even make the team if TT drafts on olb high in the draft. If can shine on special teams he's worth the roster spot.
He has been a core member of our Special Teams. He hasn't put together a wow season yet but hopefully this year he stays healthy and puts up 25tkls 5sack season like I believe he's capable. Its possible with the extra snaps he will see with Peppers gone and Datone also most likely!

D

Deleted member 6794

Elliott has shown some flashes while playing outside linebacker, hopefully he will be able to be productive on a consistent basis. In addition he's a core special teams player. Decent signing.

H

HardRightEdge

He's a core special teams player and a spot reserve. The Packers didn't even apply the restricted FA tender. He is who he is.

He should be very cheap.

Next up: Datone Jones! You know how the Packers value "versatility". Unless, of course, the Vikings offer him more than he's worth. ;)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never seen the Packers and Vikings contend for the same FA players as much as this season:

- Lacy
- Jones
- Cook

It could be like the years when they had Longwell and Sharper, then added Favre.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Connor Barwin is still out there. He visited the Bengals on Monday with no news of a contract. I would prefer seeing him signed over Jones.