Jarrett Bush Dance

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After his second pick, I'm sure everyone noticed him dancing for about 20 minutes. I thought he was way too showboaty, esp. for a preseason game. Now, I'm not old school by any means, but I thought it was pretty excessive. I've heard rumors, and little snippets from Nick Barnett about how that's like an unspoken no-no in GB.

Anyone have any input on this? Like do you think the veterans will tie him to a goalpost or something? Or make him dance till he pukes?

Reaction score
I dunno PIB, I liked it.

It made me laugh, I don't know what on earth he was doing at the end, sort of like a remixed version of the hokey pokey...

It was the first game at home in pre-season, so I think everyone was a bit more pumped and wanting to react to their big plays.

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it was funny, but NB mentioned something about him being 'too tired after all that dancing' to make the 3rd pick. He was joking, but i'm pretty sure there's something that the players do to keep that kind of on-field stuff to a minimum

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Showboating is a no-show in Green Bay?

Do you not remember Super Bowl XXXI? All the scorers had moves. Even the Minister of Defense.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I've heard rumors, and little snippets from Nick Barnett about how that's like an unspoken no-no in GB.

Nick Barnett huh? You can junk those rumors. Samurai anyone?

Making an emotional offering; Barnett's passionate celebrations are
by TOM SILVERSTEIN

Making an emotional offering

Barnett's passionate celebrations are tribute to his late father

Green Bay There's a reason Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett seems to have an emotional outburst every time he makes a tackle and it's not because he's one of those self-absorbed, attention-craving hot dogs.

Barnett said he had been moved to such emotion ever since he found out that his father, Leonard Powell, had succumbed to cancer Dec. 4. It wasn't until hours before the Philadelphia game that Barnett checked messages on his cell phone the battery had died and family members had been unable to reach him that he found out about his father's death.

He played with a heavy heart against the Eagles but even as the Packers kept getting pounded in a 47-17 loss, he followed each play he made with a passionate celebration. It didn't matter to him that Eagles fans booed him and media members criticized him for expressing himself the way he did during a blowout.

"Last week, I understand that I was getting a little excited," Barnett said. "But my father passed away and I was trying to make plays. I'm sorry, but I have to get excited to make plays, for my family that was at home watching the game."

Barnett was equally demonstrative Sunday in the Packers' 16-13 victory over the Detroit Lions, but to his surprise the home crowd booed him, too.

After sacking Lions quarterback Joey Harrington for a 7-yard loss at the Detroit 36, Barnett did a celebratory movement near the sideline. Considering that the Packers were behind, 10-0, and were playing horribly on both sides of the ball, the fans didn't take kindly to his actions.

Barnett admitted that he was surprised to hear the crowd boo him for his celebration, but he insisted it had nothing to do with drawing attention to himself. He said it was an expression of emotion he wanted to share with his teammates, who wound up forcing a punt.

"It was 10-0 at that point, but it was close," Barnett said. "I was trying to get us excited as a defense so they don't get a field goal. The defense wants that from me. All I can say to the fans is work with me."

Barnett has shown a Samurai-themed celebration in the past, but he said the emotion he had been displaying of late was directly related to the feelings he has for his late father, who was the one who inspired him to play football.

Leonard Powell grew up in London playing soccer and came to the United States after a stint in the British Army. A tool-and-die maker, Powell moved to the Los Angeles area and eventually settled in Fontana, Calif., with his wife, Josephine.

It was Leonard, who Barnett said was 79 when he died, who pushed his youngest son toward Pop Warner football, where his long road to the National Football League began.

"He put me in football; I didn't want to play football when I was young," Barnett said. "Really, I owe everything to him as far as football. I'm very close to my mom and dad."

Barnett said the week leading up to the Detroit game was particularly difficult for him because he was torn between spending time with his family and preparing for a big game. He said his family arranged to have the funeral on Tuesday so he could play against the Lions and have time to return home.

He said he never considered not playing against the Eagles last week, but being away from his mother and the rest of his family this past week was difficult. His teammates, including quarterback Brett Favre, who lost his father a year ago, offered their support.

"This is a game I needed to go back home with," Barnett said. "It's been a long week. I've been trying to keep busy and stay focused, just try to honor my father in just playing hard. I know he'd be watching the game right now is watching the game right now.

"I just have to honor him by playing hard and just keep making plays."

When Barnett first found out about his father's cancer, his father told him to keep playing and that's what Barnett said he had tried to do. Against the Lions, he led the team with 14 tackles and had one of Green Bay's two sacks.

Barnett said he tried to lead the cause in the second half.

"We came out and did what we had to do," Barnett said.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you not see this? Bush is just an amazing dancer and sometimes he feels the need to bust a move.

I am all for celebrations if it gives the team a shot in the arm. Just don't lose any yards for it.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i thought it was awesome.... i just saw it on Troms video... and the music probally made it better, but still I personally think a defense has to have personality.

all the great defenses have their mark. and if our defense is so pumped up about making plays that they throw some dance moves in... im all for it.

i dont know if you guys noticed... but after big plays the defence always did something. like when jenkins got his first AWESOME spin move sack... him and kamp jumped up and looked pumped for eachother.

i want personality and passion mixed with a little cold hearted killer in my defense.

Members online

Latest posts