Jaire Alexander's shoulder injury

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers don't have any viable options to release a player during the season to create cap space as the salary of vested veterans became fully guaranteed in week 1.

Of them I believe Burks would be the highest and it is still sub a million.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on cutting a veteran not helping the cap Captain. How about if a player is traded? Thanks in advance.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can always count on you to be so negative.

As long as Rodgers is qb, they can make the playoffs.

They signed 2 new defensive players today.

Care to make a bet if Alexander is lost for season no playoffs for packers?
True enough, I am negative but that's what happens when you waste the career of the best qb I have ever witnessed with a crappy defense and special teams over the past decade. Getting to Alexander, the drop off in talent is enormous no matter how you parse it. Packers can still rely on the offense to beat teams with midling qb's but how does a shaky defense stop an elite qb ? Couldn't do it with Z and Alexander. Without those 2, first downs get mighty easy picking on guys like King, Yiadom, Sullivan, Jean-Charles, ect... Opposing offensive coordinators are paid big bucks for a reason. They devise their game plan to pick on the weakest links in the defense. Without Alexander, that becomes easy.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither of them is or was going to impact next years cap issues.
It would have prevented the Pack from rolling less cap over for starters.

Im confused, you are accusing me of being "stuck in the past" here while in the Jaylon Smith thread you are liking posts by Dantés explaining why it was much harder from a cap standpoint to acquire Gilmore?

D

Deleted member 6794

Neither of them is or was going to impact next years cap issues.

While the Packers signing Jaylon has close to no impact on next year's cap issues trading for Gilmore would have reduced the cap space the Packers can roll over into next year by $5 million.

Of them I believe Burks would be the highest and it is still sub a million.

Actually the Packers moving on from Burks and replacing him with a first year player on a minimum deal would only create $200K of cap space.

Thanks for the info on cutting a veteran not helping the cap Captain. How about if a player is traded? Thanks in advance.

The Packers could create a significant amount of cap space by trading a player that has a huge base salary. Unfortunately Davante Adams is the only one currently on the roster having one that exceeds $2.2 million.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would have prevented the Pack from rolling less cap over for starters.

Im confused, you are accusing me of being "stuck in the past" here while in the Jaylon Smith thread you are liking posts by Dantés explaining why it was much harder from a cap standpoint to acquire Gilmore?
Gotcha from a rollover aspect you’re right - 100% spaced that

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe (from my intense 4 minutes of Google-Doctor training) that a minor AC joint injury (partial tear to a ligamennt -type 1) would take 3-4 weeks to heal. Next level in damage would be (type 2) one ligament tear & one partial tear which would range from 4-8 weeks to heal. Anything possibly requiring surgery (type 3-6) is both ligaments torn + other damage and/or misalignment which is many months. I'm guessing (from my intense medical training) that it's probably a type 2, 3 or possibly 4 and MLF is hoping to get Alexander back for late season/playoffs.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully the Pack can win enough games that they do not need to rush him back before the 2nd Bear game.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Not in any way diminishing the important of Jaire Alexander, but the Packers can win enough games and get to the playoffs without him. It's the games in January and hopefully February where having him will be absolutely necessary.

Reaction score
Not in any way diminishing the important of Jaire Alexander, but the Packers can win enough games and get to the playoffs without him. It's the games in January and hopefully February where having him will be absolutely necessary.
It’s just my opinion (very early in) we will have him full throttle 3rd quarter. Obviously we need more information, but I think 2-4 weeks is a reasonable guess. I’m going to guess at the latest 4-6 weeks.
The long term projection on Z is week 14 range. I’d be elated if he could get back in the mix shortly after our bye week. I don’t believe he’s played his last game with us. I see him contributing again before playoff timeframe.

Bak should be available week 7-8 range.
We could have some nice firepower in the mix by December timeframe.

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can? Have you watched King play lately? Yiadom and Jean-Charles are toasty in coverage. The key here is Stokes - if he grows and develops quickly, then the secondary could be ok with Amos re-shuffle on role. It's time to see if Sullivan can hold his own consistently. Bottom line is Jaire is or was a shut down corner, and now it is time to see if depth can follow through.

Reaction score
They can? Have you watched King play lately? Yiadom and Jean-Charles are toasty in coverage. The key here is Stokes - if he grows and develops quickly, then the secondary could be ok with Amos re-shuffle on role. It's time to see if Sullivan can hold his own consistently. Bottom line is Jaire is or was a shut down corner, and now it is time to see if depth can follow through.
I still think we can limit teams some on that weak side by providing Safety support (playing 1/3s instead of 1/2s etc..) QB’s are more reluctant to make that throw to a Receiver who has both underneath and over the top defenders. That throw becomes very risky even for a good QB. It only takes 1 tipped pass to the wrong guy to decide a close game.

Ultimately the key to many games, including this one, is to dial up extra pressure and create 3rd n long scenarios.

Reaction score
Probably best they proceed with caution. While it sucks he’s out, He’s the type of athlete you give all the time necessary to heal up good. Hopefully he’ll be back next month and we win a few in the meantime. GPG!

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I mentioned mate, Ive immediately pointed out that Gute aint TT. But let's all be realistic here, he was never gonna take up Gilmore's contract and put us in an awkward situation with the cap. Especially with numerous of our own players needing to get paid next year. Smith is a much more realistic target
Gilmore is on the IR at this time. He is over 30. Of course, if healthy Gilmore would have been a great pickup.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the lack of any specificity about the degree to which the AC joint is damaged and potential timetable for the recuperation? Ever since Alexander went down, the team has said virtually nothing. At this point, I don't see how providing a reasonable injury evaluation in any way hurts the team.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the desperate need to know? Divulging more information does absolutely nothing to help the team. However, divulging more could potentially harm to the team or Alexander if an opponent uses that information to hurt him again. Even Kreese understood how to wield injury information to his advantage.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also if the PaCK is trying to make any type of trade for a CB (doubtful but possible) they do not want potential trade partners to know how desperate they may or may not be.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the lack of any specificity about the degree to which the AC joint is damaged and potential timetable for the recuperation? Ever since Alexander went down, the team has said virtually nothing. At this point, I don't see how providing a reasonable injury evaluation in any way hurts the team.
I've read that they want to avoid surgery if they can. To me, that means the shoulder is in a place where it is close to needing surgery but they need to watch it for a few weeks to determine what to do. In that case, there would not be much to say about it.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the desperate need to know? Divulging more information does absolutely nothing to help the team. However, divulging more could potentially harm to the team or Alexander if an opponent uses that information to hurt him again. Even Kreese understood how to wield injury information to his advantage.

Let's hope Alexander is healed up before he plays again. He's not the kind of player you rush back given that he may be on a HOF career path.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes let Him heal up and hopefully He can return later in the season. I am just wishing Him all the best in His recovery.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope when he does get back on the field (game 15 or 16?) that he tackles like Teddy Bridgewater. He's far more important blanketing Kupp, Hopkins or ?? than drilling RB at the line.

Members online

Latest posts