Jace out of slot...

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dafney was a Sycamore out of Indiana State and went undrafted. He had a decent number of carries, yards and touchdowns in their wildcat packages. Is a H Back TE, which essentially is that FB/TE hybrid role in the MLF system.

Spent some time with the Colts in training camp - signed to our practice squad in October and then elevated to active roster in early December.
Thanks Ty, good stuff.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dafney was a Sycamore out of Indiana State and went undrafted. He had a decent number of carries, yards and touchdowns in their wildcat packages. Is a H Back TE, which essentially is that FB/TE hybrid role in the MLF system.

Spent some time with the Colts in training camp - signed to our practice squad in October and then elevated to active roster in early December.
i was about to take a drink then i saw your sig again. lol

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

It appears that our team of scouts is still very good at finding spare parts.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It appears that our team of scouts is still very good at finding spare parts.

Knee jerk reaction and maybe wrong. But this is the difference between Teddy and Gute. Gute and his staff seem to be constantly looking outside of the organization for ways to improve the Roster. Teddy seemed to comb his own Practice squad a lot more than any other sources. Not saying Teddy did not go outside the organization, but I don't think it was even close to the level that Gute seems to.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knee jerk reaction and maybe wrong. But this is the difference between Teddy and Gute. Gute and his staff seem to be constantly looking outside of the organization for ways to improve the Roster. Teddy seemed to comb his own Practice squad a lot more than any other sources. Not saying Teddy did not go outside the organization, but I don't think it was even close to the level that Gute seems to.

Teddy loved undrafted guys, but the late-season additions didn't seem to be as prevalent as what Gutey's doing. Pretty cool to see these guys come in and contribute and the willingness for the organization to give undrafted players a shot.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people remember the last couple years and not the bulk of his work.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think people remember the last couple years and not the bulk of his work.

I was referring more to what Gute does during the season. Waiver claims, combing other teams Practice squads, etc. Some have jumped in and talked about UDFA's. I still consider them as original Packer prospects. However, you are correct in the fact that TT seemed to be asleep at the wheel more so in his final years. I got the impression being a GM was more of a hobby for him in those final years.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think football was ever a hobby for Ted. By all accounts the man worked as hard as anybody. I think he more realized his time was drawing near and so was his 2nd round of a super bowl capable roster in need of replacement. Saw a really good roster repeatedly hampered by injuries in those final seasons and thought it better to keep them together and take chances on injuries evening out than create upheaval he wouldn’t be around to see through.