Jace out of slot...

D

Deleted member 6794

What about Shephard? He is quick and shifty and has not had a chance yet. People like to talk about his missed catch near the goal line, but everyone was slipping that game and that was why he did not catch the ball.

Shepherd will receive a chance to compete for a roster spot this offseason again but I highly doubt he will make the final 53.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did jace even play this year? i forget he was even on the team, tbh.

Has played on 19.5% of the offensive snaps, been targeted 15 times, 12 catches, 114 yards and 1 touchdown. Granted he was out 4 games as well this year.

*edited to correct yards, I used the snap total first time for it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Has played on 19.5% of the offensive snaps, been targeted 15 times, 12 catches, 203 yards and 1 touchdown. Granted he was out 4 games as well this year.

Just for the record, Sternberger had 12 catches for 114 yards and a score.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has played on 19.5% of the offensive snaps, been targeted 15 times, 12 catches, 203 yards and 1 touchdown. Granted he was out 4 games as well this year.

huh, well color me surprised, i don't remember a single play from him. but that's not that bad a contribution for a year 2 tightend. he could still end up being half-way useful.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks Gary. I had no idea he suited up that many times. Of course, Tonyan and Lewis grabbed a lot of attention at the TE position. I'll be surprised if Jace is back next year, once Josh D. returns.

Jace is going no where barring a significant injury or high draft capital spent. The organization likes him, and health seems good to go finally.

Rookie contract guy, has shown to have sure hands and decent blocker (not great). It would make no sense to cut him. Tonyan's explosion this year definitely cut down on Jace's use for sure.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jace is going no where barring a significant injury or high draft capital spent. The organization likes him, and health seems good to go finally.

Rookie contract guy, has shown to have sure hands and decent blocker (not great). It would make no sense to cut him. Tonyan's explosion this year definitely cut down on Jace's use for sure.
yup. you bring up tonyan. now there's a guy with a ? in his future with GB.

p.s. that sig is hilarious.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yup. you bring up tonyan. now there's a guy with a ? in his future with GB.

This explosion was the WORST of BEST times for him to do this to us fiscally. Everyone forgets about him when discussing who to sign and such....we are facing a 2nd round tender on him if we want to keep him for sure.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You might be right. I saw him drop quite a few passes this year. But yeah, on a rookie contract and given the Packers' cap situation, you're probably right and he'll stay put. I just hope he can produce.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our TE group has excelled masterfully in the catch % stat. This season we are at 81.05%. Thats on 95 Targets and 77 receptions.

That includes Dafney, Jace, Deguara, Tonyan and Big Dog.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might be right. I saw him drop quite a few passes this year. But yeah, on a rookie contract and given the Packers' cap situation, you're probably right and he'll stay put. I just hope he can produce.

I don't need him to do anything more honestly, he's clearly doing his part in the system with the amount of snaps he's getting. It just happens that we presently have the blocking TE in Big Dog (that also does admirably in receiving) and Tonyan is playing at a All Pro level. Not every player can produce high stats.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Sternberger was a healthy scratch (inactive) against the Bears. Daffney played really well. As long as Tonyan, Lewis and Daffney stay healthy, I doubt we see much more of Sternberger this season.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sternberger was a healthy scratch (inactive) against the Bears. Daffney played really well. As long as Tonyan, Lewis and Daffney stay healthy, I doubt we see much more of Sternberger this season.

It's the way the system operates TE wise, he isn't needed presently. If Lewis or Tonyan couldn't go he'd see substantial snaps I have no doubt. If Tonyan prices his way out of GB, Jace will have a massive chance in 2021.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our TE group has excelled masterfully in the catch % stat. This season we are at 81.05%. Thats on 95 Targets and 77 receptions.

That includes Dafney, Jace, Deguara, Tonyan and Big Dog.
Honestly, I didn't know there was a "Dafney" on the team until he caught the TD Sunday. Do you know where they got him? And is he primarily a TE or FB (although on this team, the positions seem interchangeable with some players)? Thanks for the update.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I didn't know there was a "Dafney" on the team until he caught the TD Sunday. Do you know where they got him? And is he primarily a TE or FB (although on this team, the positions seem interchangeable with some players)? Thanks for the update.

Dafney was a Sycamore out of Indiana State and went undrafted. He had a decent number of carries, yards and touchdowns in their wildcat packages. Is a H Back TE, which essentially is that FB/TE hybrid role in the MLF system.

Spent some time with the Colts in training camp - signed to our practice squad in October and then elevated to active roster in early December.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts