J Cook

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a 3 yr deal at around 3 mill per year is fair enough. Add some performance based incentives. We all see how effective the guy can be when he's healthy...but he's got to stay healthy. Rodgers has a lot of confidence in him, and let's be honest...the offense Is just better when he's involved. You can help by keeping him and not having to draft a Tightend high. Vs early 2nd or 3rd? you can wait until the fifth or sixth rounds. Adams dropped two touchdowns, and Cobb did absolutely zilch yesterday...if not for Cook having the production he had and consistently able to win against safeties and lbs I think we lose. On the pass to Jordy to win the game the safety was caught peeking on a crossing route that I believe from the film Cook was running and that allowed Nelson to run right pass him with no deep help. Pay the man.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"When he's healthy" is the key phrase, and he rarely is.

True...I'm not comparing him to Gronk by any means.. but you can say the same thing about him. if his contract was about to expire? I'd bet my bottom dollar New England would be trying to re-sign him. They look at the impact he does have when he's playing vs the non impact he doesn't when he's out. Sometimes the productivity is the deciding factor, and outweighs the other. Cook is a productive Tightend in this offense.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but Gronk's injuries have been more career threatening than Cook's have been. I wouldn't put it past Belechick if he lets him go and goes with Bennett.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I remain hopeful about Cook but wouldn't mind at all if we draft a tight end.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Yeah, but Gronk's injuries have been more career threatening than Cook's have been. I wouldn't put it past Belechick if he lets him go and goes with Bennett.
I couldn't agree more. Do notebook surprised if Gronk is traded middle of next season. He is pretty cheap next year then his final year he's on a monster contract. Patriots have a history of letting talent walk when they find something cheaper. Though that mentality cost them a Super Bowl last year and potentially this year...

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have a periodical to cite, but heard before one of the Patriot games a few weeks ago that Gronk slipped in the draft because he had back injury concerns coming out of college. Wait....found something: http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/gronk-opens-college-back-injury-retirement-thoughts

Hey if they let him go he'd fit right here in Green Bay. I've always wondered how Rodgers would fair with two pass catching tightends. Then you don't need elite WRs. He'd probably throw 50 touchdowns.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cook will cost more than 3 million a year IMO... Maybe as a base salary with some big incentive money written..... He is going to want more that 3 a year...

D

Deleted member 6794

I would be absolutely fine with the Packers re-signing Cook to a reasonable contract. Hopefully he will be able to stay healthy.

Members online

Latest posts