It's Good to be King

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Can you pick him out?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

or was this actually him? ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Seems there is a debate among GOT/Packer fans, as to who Aaron was in GOT last night.

I didn't watch it, so not sure myself.
Because @bayburmTV and I take our #GameofThrones
very seriously, we are pretty sure Aaron Rodgers was neither carrying a bow nor was he on fire. He was in the bell tower scene with Arya. Outfits match. Scenes match. GOOD. NIGHT.

Although, I think that "Tweeter" got it wrong, the guy is clearly on fire.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that Aaron Rodgers has overtaken Greg Jennings as far as acting popularity goes, do you think their feud takes on a new angle?

BTW, i've never seen any of their acting debuts and it would be hard to outdo Brett's starring role in There's Something About Mary.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

I really wasn't looking for him and didn't notice anybody that might be him at the time. I thought the "King of the North" stuff in the OP was more "interesting", and I'll leave it at that.

As a side note, the buddy who called me to flag Rodgers upcoming appearance also said that several other celebrities got parts as extras, even on top of the piles of dead following the destruction of the Night King in the prior episode, presumably before and not after they were set on fire. Being able to say, "I was in GOT", became a thing.

As a second side note, I was tempted to entitle this thread "GOAT on GOT" but who wants to sound like a fan boy? ;) Let's just say there is history still to be written.

As a 3rd. side note, am I the only one who thought the prior episode, the battle with the Knight King, was a photographic and editing mess?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have yet to watch GOT, its on my to do list, but requires going to the library, I'm to cheap to stream it :)

Yes, the celebrity buzz of cameo appearances on GOT has made even more people interested. I have a feeling I will be waiting awhile to get copies of each season/disc at the library. :(

But the Buzz about Rodgers does have me feeling like I am looking at a "Where's Waldo?" image.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

I have yet to watch GOT, its on my to do list, but requires going to the library, I'm to cheap to stream it :)
Going well off topic, GOT has been a series for the current times where a higher than typical ration of escapism seems to be in demand. I've watched every episode since the first airing before it was a cultural phenomenon and found it compelling enough to keep watching, which is saying somthing for me given how many I ditch after a few episodes or a season. But I would not put it on a list of things to rewatch.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Going well off topic, GOT has been a series for the current times where a higher than typical ration of escapism seems to be in demand. I've watched every episode since the first airing before it was a cultural phenomenon and found it compelling enough to keep watching, which is saying somthing for me given how many I ditch after a few episodes or a season. But I would not put it on a list of things to rewatch.

Keeping with staying off topic, I find that I have to invest enough time into a series to see if it takes off (for me). Almost every series I have watched that I loved, were "meh" after the first episode or 2 or even occasionally, a whole season, but really took flight once the characters and plot were fully developed for the viewer.

Obviously, there are series like GOT that you have to assume with all the buzz and as long as its been around, are just going to be a winner for most who watch it. "Breaking Bad" was that way for me. Didn't watch it until after the masses declared it a hit and they were right.

I prefer waiting to watch a series until after it concludes. I then have the advantage of seeing if it was a cultural success and even more important, i can binge it and not wait forever for the next season.

Sons of Anarchy and Vikings are still my top 2 series in the last 10 years, but sounds like GOT will push them down one spot.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

This season has been so bad.
I assume you mean Game of Thrones and not the Packers' league year to date. ;)

In terms of broad themes and outcomes, the expected battles and the winners and losers, there are no surprises in this final season of GOT. You knew some of the key characters were going to get knocked off, maybe with one or two more to come, and you knew who would prevail.

But stylistically. in the plot details, and in the execution, this final season has been a big budget special affects mess.

Last edited by a moderator:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What's got?

Seriously, I never even watched 1 min..

Couldn't even tell you who are 5he stars

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's been rushed a bit, but overall I haven't had issues with the plot. Maybe some parts have been anticlimactic, but still exciting to watch it all go down. I'm very curious to see how they finish the last episode. At work, we all have our theories on how we think things will play out - having unrealistic expectations I think tends to be why the internet seemingly hates this season. Everyone in my office though is generally pleased and excited to watch each episode.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's him, third archer from the right in the picture from the second post. The other picture in that post was a behind the scenes shot, I thought. And that's also him running from the fire in post #3. He got fried by a dragon.

I loved Game of Thrones until this season, I absolutely hate the way they're ending it. IMO it's a bad ending that leaves a bad taste on the entire series, which is damn unfortunate, because the first six seasons are so good. Then they don't have the books to follow anymore (still being written), and they start rushing to the ending. But it's a football forum, so I'll just leave it at that.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
GoT was a great show ... right up until Season 8 episode 3 ... what a cluster**** ... seems to have rushed it a lot, now that they dont have The books to help Them ... episode 4 was even Worse ... then came episode 5 ... - I am curious to see if they Can Ness it even more up with The final episode ...

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GoT was a great show ... right up until Season 8 episode 3 ... what a cluster**** ... seems to have rushed it a lot, now that they dont have The books to help Them ... episode 4 was even Worse ... then came episode 5 ... - I am curious to see if they Can Ness it even more up with The final episode ...
Show fell off in Season 7.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's almost like once they ran out of book material, the show went downhill. Shocker!!

I truly can't give an opinion. I don't watch the show. I've seen the "outrage" on Twitter, but idk. I've read the book series (twice), and I kinda hate the fat bastard GRRM. Great book series though.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The show has been rushed since the beginning of season 7. I actually liked episode 3, thought it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen (or not seen, in this case - screen was too dark). But things immediately went into the dumpster with episode four, where you could see that they were going with the big heel turn. Ugh. It's like a bad M. Night Shyamalan movie. I actually like a few of his movies, but this is a bad one.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "heel turn" has been foreshadowed for several seasons. It's not a shock if people have been paying attention to details.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "heel turn" has been foreshadowed for several seasons. It's not a shock if people have been paying attention to details.
There were hints, but that's not the same thing as an inevitability. All the characters are shades of gray, except perhaps Jon Snow, and even he has his flaws. This heel turn was NOT earned, as recently as episode three she was sacrificing her own for the sake of the living.

Besides which, there were several other prophecies which they never followed through on.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
********* GOT SPOILER ALERTS*************

I'm out....I haven't watched an episode yet!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For once we actually agree on something. I don't like how they built up The Night King for countless seasons as well as the eventual confrontation he was supposed to have with Jon, but they don't even bother to have to the fight one another. I'm fine with Arya getting the kill, but The Night King should've fought Jon and Arya could've came in with a save.

As for episode 5, my heart sank when Dany did what she did. There is no excuse for what she did after they surrendered. Just **** poor writing from D&D. I can understand how Dany's mind began to deteriorate as the season progressed but again it was all rushed. They would've done well to extend this to an extra two seasons so we can fully see her descent to madness. In truth if they had extended for 2 more seasons, Im sure Dany would've been pregnant, and her possibly losing the baby would've been the final straw.

I just hope my boy Tyrion makes it out alive. I was worried he wouldn't survive in 5 but after what he did, he's walking on eggshells.

Last edited: