Isaac Bruce Cut

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce has a great name and a great history (12 years in the league). But at just under 6-0 188 Lbs and turning 34 this season, any thing short of him begging to play with Brett at a significant discount to value should be passed on.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
# 80 Isaac Bruce
Position: WR
Height: 6-0
Weight: 188
Born: 11/10/1972
College: Memphis
NFL Experience: 12

Hopefully we will give him a look, but I don't know if he fits the MM mould of a wide reciever. Is he big enough for TT and MM?
It has been written that they like a larger target type of guy.

Right now Bruce looks to be the best FA wr on the market, but we won't really know until the owners get their heads out of their ***** and decide what they want.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce plays bigger than he is, id say.

but he's 35 now...

that scares me. could he play till 40? maybe...

too risky for me though.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
# 80 Isaac Bruce
Position: WR
Height: 6-0
Weight: 188
Born: 11/10/1972
College: Memphis
NFL Experience: 12

Hopefully we will give him a look, but I don't know if he fits the MM mould of a wide reciever. Is he big enough for TT and MM?
It has been written that they like a larger target type of guy.

Right now Bruce looks to be the best FA wr on the market, but we won't really know until the owners get their heads out of their ***** and decide what they want.

They want big boys who can block as well as catch the ball.

Bruce was a great receiver -- but is sliding on the downside of a great career. He is small, plays better on a track than real grass, has never played in any type of West Coast offense, and is on the downside fade of playing days.

I say take a pass on him.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN just reported that the cap deadline is extended 72 hours one more time and that teams can rescind any cuts made on Sunday.

They did report a deal is in placed, but needs to be voted on by the owners. That is supposed to happen Tuesday.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL.com says talks were broken off again......that FA starts tonight at midnight. Thats what it says there at least.

William

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isaac Bruce at 33 is still better than any receiver Green Bay has. He's been cut because of salary cap considerations and the fact Kevin Curtis is primed to move into the Rams 2nd receiver slot.

May come back to the Rams if he takes a pay cut.

Detroit, and Mike Martz, would be a great fit for Bruce.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
William said:
Isaac Bruce at 33 is still better than any receiver Green Bay has. He's been cut because of salary cap considerations and the fact Kevin Curtis is primed to move into the Rams 2nd receiver slot.

The Packers have Javon Walker, thanks.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
William said:

I have always liked I. Bruce, but at this point in his career (he turns 34 this season) I would not take him over either Walker or Driver. He has no upside and will cost too much money to waste time with.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
William said:

Not anymore. :(

hes a scumbag

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Zero2Cool said:
William said:

Not anymore. :(

hes a scumbag
LIKE I FREAKING HAD THE EARLIY EDITION OF THE PAPER WHEN I POSTED THAT!!

:p

Members online

Latest posts