Is Rodgers All In?

D

Deleted member 6794

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

For those that argue that was good football. The ball is already completely out of the picture frame in my freeze frame shot.

Actually I don't care if it was a clean play or should have been flagged. Football is a violent sport and illegal hits will always be part of the game.

A sorry franchise celebrating that play five years after it happened in a video tribute to a former player is a all-time classless move though.

Reaction score
Actually I don't care if it was a clean play or should have been flagged. Football is a violent sport and illegal hits will always be part of the game.

A sorry franchise celebrating that play five years after it happened in a video tribute to a former player is a all-time classless move though.
Absolutely. That video was just another follow up from the initial childish individual reaction by Barr. Also I remember Barr sparring insensitive words in the media with Rodgers while he was busy being operated on.
I can actually say thankfully that’s very rare in this sport. The vast majority of these NFL players can separate their aggressive play from compassion for a player who is lost for the season (or career). Barr is incapable of controlling his emotions and his adolescence bleeds over into that MN fan base.
I guess if you can’t be victorious over your opponent, then just try to club their ankles and celebrate their woes to somehow make yourself feel more worthy. Idk :eek:

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

The vast majority of these NFL players can separate their aggressive play from compassion for a player who is lost for the season (or career). Barr is incapable of controlling his emotions and his adolescence bleeds over into that MN fan base.

Actually I believe the behavior of the Vikings fan base has bled over into Barr ;)

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Trophy case - empty. Lovely!

Reaction score
Rodgers all in? Sounds like he's way, way out.
I remember Paul Simon talking about ayahuasca. Said it was amazing at first, but quickly became a crutch and he had to get off of it.

https://www.insider.com/aaron-rodgers-taking-psychedelics-led-to-best-season-of-career-2022-8
It’s tough for me to watch this false doctrine he’s took hook line and sinker. It’s not a path to long term peace, it’s maybe a very short term escape from reality. He’s trying everything in his own power to manufacturer a peace that’s been there waiting all along. He needs to go back to the innocent days of eliminating dairy from his life. :eek:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I posted he was doing it.

guess it was with Danica?
Sorry, guess I missed it. Yeah, must have been with Danica. Odd, because it sounds like something you might expect more with someone named "Blu of the earth". Too bad it didn't help him get over his 49ers playoff curse.

Tom Brady never took ayahuasca :)
Or maybe he did, how would I know?

D

Deleted member 6794

Tom Brady never took ayahuasca :)
Or maybe he did, how would I know?

Brady might not have taken ayahuasca but he his personal guru should be considered a glorified snakes-oil salesman who might have at least been one of the reasons his tenure with the Patriots came to an end.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady might not have taken ayahuasca but he his personal guru should be considered a glorified snakes-oil salesman who might have at least been one of the reasons his tenure with the Patriots came to an end.
He may have been a snake oil salesman, but Brady was buying it and making hay with it.

D

Deleted member 6794

He may have been a snake oil salesman, but Brady was buying it and making hay with it.

My point was that pro athletes do some weird things to stay on top of their game. Rodgers drinking ayahuasca is only one of them.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's sad. Seems to me that he is still trying to control his life instead of letting go. The help is right in front of him. Hopefully some day he'll wake up.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you're trying to stay at the top of your game, you're willing to try almost anything to keep it that way, as long as it's not harmful to your health, or illegal. In some cases, even illegal and harmful doesn't stand in the way of athletes. Look at Lyle Alzado.

Back in the 20s, to chase away pain, players would take shots of brandy, during games, to help numb it. How do I know? My Father stood on the sidelines next to players who would take snorts from one of his hip flasks. It's amazing the names of the guys who he helped "numb themselves" against the pain and cold.

I don't give a rip what Rodgers does off the field, as long as it's not illegal. I don't give a rip about how good his family life is. I know more about it than a lot of people though, since my son knows one of his kin fairly well, and has gotten more than a small amount of info over a few drinks. It's really not my business, or anyone else's.

Back to what I care about. How well he plays inside the white lines, and winning the last two MVP awards is not saying he's playing poorly.

We need to get past this constant griping and complaining about everything the guy does. It's really none of our business.

Reaction score
By Rodgers staying he proves he is all in!
I think actions speak louder than words.
Apparently Rodgers has been very welcoming to the new Receivers. At lunch he spent time with Doubs encouraging him. He seems to be warming to the idea of getting the best out of this group.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think actions speak louder than words.
Apparently Rodgers has been very welcoming to the new Receivers. At lunch he spent time with Doubs encouraging him. He seems to be warming to the idea of getting the best out of this group.
Now he's telling them they need to get way better - stop dropping the ball and running wrong routes.

Reaction score
Now he's telling them they need to get way better - stop dropping the ball and running wrong routes.
Yeah. That not encouraging to hear at all. Best they get this sloppy out of their system now, because come regular season they’ll smooth replace you with another player. There’s always 5 in line to take your job.
I remember this happening several years back. Rodgers had to throw away quite a few passes because of poor routes and improper techniques. Not coming back to the ball etc..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm
Couldn't copy and paste but from the article

we had tons here blaming all on love

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm
Couldn't copy and paste but from the article

we had tons here blaming all on love

On the pass to Amari, yes, everytime. I don’t care if he’s figuring things out in preseason but I’m regular season that better be zipped before the break so the ball is going past the DBs earhole before he can get his head around or he better be sure the pass is worth throwing if the wr ran the wrong route.

The DB had already won the route when he threw it. He has to be able to recognize that. No matter what.

Had he thrown it so he could catch it at the break before the defender had a chance and it was a great play by the defender to snap his head around and do it anyway, that’s different.

Even though it was the wrong route, he has to be able to recognize it’s a wrong route and that the db has won in coverage and throw it away eat it, or move on. He was the 3rd or 4th read as I understand it, so it wasn’t a quick timing route, he read it wrong.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
On the pass to Amari, yes, everytime. I don’t care if he’s figuring things out in preseason but I’m regular season that better be zipped before the break so the ball is going past the DBs earhole before he can get his head around or he better be sure the pass is worth throwing if the wr ran the wrong route.

The DB had already won the route when he threw it. He has to be able to recognize that. No matter what.

Had he thrown it so he could catch it at the break before the defender had a chance and it was a great play by the defender to snap his head around and do it anyway, that’s different.

Even though it was the wrong route, he has to be able to recognize it’s a wrong route and that the db has won in coverage and throw it away eat it, or move on. He was the 3rd or 4th read as I understand it, so it wasn’t a quick timing route, he read it wrong.
Ill trust the pros in saying what happened

Members online

Latest posts