Is Rodgers All In?

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Con Air is easily a Top 10 guilty pleasure movie for me. There's a lot of things about the movie I can't defend, but I still like it. I saw in the theater when it first came out (and I don't see a lot of movies in the theater).

JPPT1974

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well hope he can really move on as 2021 was really not a good year for him despite winning the MVP again. But on a personal and professional level a bit, the guy needs to have a taste of humble pie IMHO!

Reaction score
Well hope he can really move on as 2021 was really not a good year for him despite winning the MVP again. But on a personal and professional level a bit, the guy needs to have a taste of humble pie IMHO!
Oh I think we’ve all been humbled enough. 3 Postseason games we didn’t advance. The last Two at Lambeau Field and both were very winnable. The good thing is I’ve witnessed that very often God will offer us extreme challenges in the deep water and let us sink a little, just before he shows up and grabs us in our perceived weakness and totes us to dry ground. Otherwise, We wouldn’t appreciate the simplicity of that dry ground nearly as much.

That said, I think this team will be slightly better as an overall roster. The Defense will improve -4 ranking slots better off last season, our Offense will remain similar to last season but it may produce a sliver better in the Redzone -1 better scoring ranking from last year.
The ST will cut their ranking generally in half -14 from last year.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can picture it now. The Packers win the Super Bowl, and the Rodgers attackers are even madder than they are now, saying he's been a shirker and should have done it at least 5 more times since he got to Green Bay.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG, Rodgers is most likely the only player in the entire league who will be criticized by the team's fans after winning the MVP. It's ridiculous.
Jesus, I choked when I read that comment. “2021 was really not a good year for him.” There should be a lifetime ban for a comment like that. If only ignorance were a crime…….

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“Not a good year” and “winning the MVP” don’t belong in the same sentence. You do understand how that makes you look? You can delete this and stop the laughing stock spread now. C’mon man……..

Reaction score
“Not a good year” and “winning the MVP” don’t belong in the same sentence. You do understand how that makes you look? You can delete this and stop the laughing stock spread now. C’mon man……..
Yeah. I try to remain objective (hard to do these days) and give posts like that the benefit of the doubt that it came out from another angle that we’re not seeing.

I literally just read an article that came out in the last 48 hours that mentioned what a “terrible year” last season was for The Packers. I think they meant how it finished?

I fully agree. Us being a #1 seed isn’t terrible by any standard. However there’s a segment of people out there that put that ST debacle onto the QB. The truth is those were horrible weather conditions for a QB to win a game passing the ball (on both sides). I guess what I’m saying is that these fan zealots consider the disappointment after high expectations a total failure. It’s a strange way of looking at it, but that’s my take on it because I just read similar sentiment and it was not at all an article meant to bash the Packers.

That said, I can’t pick on Rodgers because I’m called to Let it go completely. I would’ve liked to have seen Rodgers make an effort to be present in GB earlier. It’s my opinion it would’ve displayed Rodgers commitment level and possibly inspired other teammates to consider it also. You’ll notice that Matt really wanted him there when asked, but he wisely didn’t want to start any friction so he downplayed it some.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. I try to remain objective (hard to do these days) and give posts like that the benefit of the doubt that it came out from another angle that we’re not seeing.

I literally just read an article that came out in the last 48 hours that mentioned what a “terrible year” last season was for The Packers. I think they meant how it finished?

I fully agree. Us being a #1 seed isn’t terrible by any standard. However there’s a segment of people out there that put that ST debacle onto the QB. The truth is those were horrible weather conditions for a QB to win a game passing the ball (on both sides). I guess what I’m saying is that these fan zealots consider the disappointment after high expectations a total failure. It’s a strange way of looking at it, but that’s my take on it because I just read similar sentiment and it was not at all an article meant to bash the Packers.

That said, I can’t pick on Rodgers because I’m called to Let it go completely. I would’ve liked to have seen Rodgers make an effort to be present in GB earlier. It’s my opinion it would’ve displayed Rodgers commitment level and possibly inspired other teammates to consider it also. You’ll notice that Matt really wanted him there when asked, but he wisely didn’t want to start any friction so he downplayed it some.
Good points. But as Bill Bellichik said, "The season ends with one winner and 31 plane crashes."

I remember all the NFCCG losses well, especially Seattle and Tampa Bay. And of course I remember what happened this January. But with the exception of just a few seasons, we've had a lot to cheer as fans of the Packers, including SBs in 97 and 2011. I'd like more SB wins too. But to put things in perspective, we've had two starting QBs the last 30 years. The Bears have had over 20.

D

Deleted member 6794

But to put things in perspective, we've had two starting QBs the last 30 years. The Bears have had over 20.

While that's true, the Bears have been to as many Super Bowl as the Packers over the past 24 seasons. Of course they ended up losing the one they were playing in though.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While that's true, the Bears have been to as many Super Bowl as the Packers over the past 24 seasons. Of course they ended up losing the one they were playing in though.
If you are only willing to accept Super Bowl wins as a sign of success, this would be accurate. But reality tells us that when there are 32 teams in the NFL, and you win one Lombardi trophy in 30 years, you're at average to what you should win. But, what isn't addressed is the fact that over those 30 years, the Packers have dominated the Bears, dominated their division, and been one of the better teams in a year after year basis in the league.

The Packers are a success story over that period of time, and if you're going to take time periods to define how great a team is, then you may as well take into consideration the Packers 13 total championships, and compare every other team's lifetime success to compare. That's the mark of a true champion.

The Packers are #1 in the NFL for all time winning percentage at 57.3%. We're only 1 behind the Bears for all time wins in the NFL. That will be passed in 2022. The Giants are in 3rd, over 70 wins behind, followed by Pittsburgh, who is 130 behind.

That's success. It's the test of time that determines just how good a franchise you are. Now, consider how bad things were in the 50s, then again in the 70s and 80s, and when you remove those bad periods from the team's record, they are by far, the real power house of the NFL.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. To me, they are simply the best, and the last 24 years have done nothing to tarnish that image.

D

Deleted member 6794

If you are only willing to accept Super Bowl wins as a sign of success, this would be accurate. But reality tells us that when there are 32 teams in the NFL, and you win one Lombardi trophy in 30 years, you're at average to what you should win. But, what isn't addressed is the fact that over those 30 years, the Packers have dominated the Bears, dominated their division, and been one of the better teams in a year after year basis in the league.

The Packers are a success story over that period of time, and if you're going to take time periods to define how great a team is, then you may as well take into consideration the Packers 13 total championships, and compare every other team's lifetime success to compare. That's the mark of a true champion.

The Packers are #1 in the NFL for all time winning percentage at 57.3%. We're only 1 behind the Bears for all time wins in the NFL. That will be passed in 2022. The Giants are in 3rd, over 70 wins behind, followed by Pittsburgh, who is 130 behind.

That's success. It's the test of time that determines just how good a franchise you are. Now, consider how bad things were in the 50s, then again in the 70s and 80s, and when you remove those bad periods from the team's record, they are by far, the real power house of the NFL.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. To me, they are simply the best, and the last 24 years have done nothing to tarnish that image.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that the Packers have been one of the best teams in the league in the last 24 years. I thought it was a curious fact I liked to share that they have played in as many Super Bowls as the Bears over that period though.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that the Packers have been one of the best teams in the league in the last 24 years. I thought it was a curious fact I liked to share that they have played in as many Super Bowls as the Bears over that period though.
There is so much that goes into making it to the SB and winning it. It's the ultimate goal, but not always a reality. There's a reason that only one team in the history of the NFL playoffs, has had a totally undefeated season, and championship run.

If you get into a pick'em league, or just do it for yourself, being able to pick 70% of the winners week after week, without regard to the spread is very difficult. The NFL is certainly the poster boy for; "On any given day."

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is so much that goes into making it to the SB and winning it. It's the ultimate goal, but not always a reality. There's a reason that only one team in the history of the NFL playoffs, has had a totally undefeated season, and championship run.

If you get into a pick'em league, or just do it for yourself, being able to pick 70% of the winners week after week, without regard to the spread is very difficult. The NFL is certainly the poster boy for; "On any given day."
Yeah I should have added that, as a fan, the Packers have been a much more interesting team to watch than the Bears for the last 30 years. And in the age of parity, as Voyageur alludes to, that's a hard thing to do. I do wish the Packers had another SB win or two from this run.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand this.
The Packers and Bears have each been to one SB over the last 24 years. The Packers beat the Steelers. The Bears lost to the Colts. If you go back a little further to 96-98, The Packers beat the Pats in 97 and lost to the Broncos in 98.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
While SB wins are great, awesome, spectacular, icing on the cake....etc. I think those who gauge a teams success on them, are for the most part, going to be in for a major letdown. Just a comparison of the Bears and the Packers over the time period that Captain mentioned (last 24 seasons), shows you 2 completely different teams/fan experiences in the following.

* W-L Record each season and over 24 seasons.
* Playoff appearances/record
* Division Titles
* Head to Head (Bears VS Packers)
* NFC Champion appearances/record
* Super Bowl appearances/record

Reaction score
That’s pretty telling! :laugh:
I especially thought it intriguing that you stopped at 24 seasons as to not include 1997. I almost didn’t catch it, but very crafty. Makes us sound even worse than we are. Thanks!!:tdown:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While SB wins are great, awesome, spectacular, icing on the cake....etc. I think those who gauge a teams success on them, are for the most part, going to be in for a major letdown. Just a comparison of the Bears and the Packers over the time period that Captain mentioned (last 24 seasons), shows you 2 completely different teams/fan experiences in the following.

* Division Titles
Yeah if I personally only measured success by my teams' championships, I'd be pretty disappointed. For the last 30 years, with the exception of just a few seasons, the Packers have been in the hunt for a SB and won it in 1997 and 2011. I'm a pretty happy fan, especially when compared to our two other pro teams, the Bucks and the Brewers. Although even though two teams have been very entertaining for the last 3 or 4 years, with a Bucks' championship in the mix.

Compared to a lot of other cities with 3 (or more) pro sports teams, we've had it pretty good.

Reaction score

* Division Titles
On average a Bears fan gets 2-4 less weeks of their NFL team playing anything meaningful. It’s good to be a Packer fan :)

Our 3 Divisional Rivals Stadiums’ all rank inside the bottom 9 of leagues seating capacity (Soldier Field Is the leagues least at 61,500)
Lambeau Field has the 3rd largest seating capacity (81,441) leaguewide (MetLife 82,500; FedEx 82,000)

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts