Is Rodgers All In?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill trust the pros in saying what happened
It’s ok to trust your eyes too.

I don’t read his statement as absolving love as much as telling certain WRs to pull their heads out of their butts.

Love still made a bad choice throwing a ball to a receiver he should have been able to tell gave up the route and the db already won.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s ok to trust your eyes too.

I don’t read his statement as absolving love as much as telling certain WRs to pull their heads out of their butts.

Love still made a bad choice throwing a ball to a receiver he should have been able to tell gave up the route and the db already won.
Just like all excuses rodgers couldnt see another option open in a split sec in a playoff game, or run it for 1st down. Its a split sec decision. And im.sorry.. He isnt a 15 year pro.. That takes time.

When Rodgers himself who knows what the route was and how jordan was suppose to throw it, ill trust that

D

Deleted member 6794

Lets be a leader AR12 and start publicly criticizing all the youth at WR...great plan.

I wonder how long it would take for a poster to criticize Rodgers for those remarks once I read about it. Of course, it happens pretty fast around here for someone to take a shot at the MVP quarterback instead of focusing on the important issue that the rookie wide receivers aren't up to speed.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like all excuses rodgers couldnt see another option open in a split sec in a playoff game, or run it for 1st down. Its a split sec decision. And im.sorry.. He isnt a 15 year pro.. That takes time.

When Rodgers himself who knows what the route was and how jordan was suppose to throw it, ill trust that
I know all that, you're not talking to someone that thinks every single thing Jordan Love does is wrong and that he's a shoe in to suckville. That has never been me. But it was a bad decision and throw, regardless of the WR being wrong too. It is ok to recognize that. Had he made it in a playoff game with a Defender on his legs and 4th down and we need to get some yards, i'm probably ok with just giving a guy a chance when everything has gone wrong.

I'm kind of ok with it as a learning moment in a preseason game. He has to show he learns from it of course, but it's fine. But if he's doing that regularly, it's a definite problem and I don't care if the WR is wrong too, he's not the one throwing the ball to the other team in the end. Unless someone wants to tell me Jordan love threw that ball to show the receivers what happens when they aren't precise in their routes. I'd believe that if it was Rodgers, because that's basically about how he operates and his level of attention to detail and knowledge of the game. I don't think Love is quite there yet.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how long it would take for a poster to criticize Rodgers for those remarks once I read about it. Of course, it happens pretty fast around here for someone to take a shot at the MVP quarterback instead of focusing on the important issue that the rookie wide receivers aren't up to speed.
Did Rodgers think the young receivers don't know that they are making mistakes, and that they needed to hear about it through the media? Why not keep it in the locker room? It should be no surprise that they aren't up to speed, given that they are rookies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers also said this.

“Like I said, dropped pick, not a great route, not a great finish by Romeo. The one that becomes a bogus pick. And then a bad decision but a terrible route inside,” Rodgers said.

Did Rodgers think the young receivers don't know that they are making mistakes, and that they needed to hear about it through the media? Why not keep it in the locker room? It should be no surprise that they aren't up to speed, given that they are rookies.

They've all be able to read about how good they are, i think it's good for them. None of the statements he made was malicious, or degrading, or an attack. I'd bet my life everything he said to the media had already been said to each individual. He was asked a question, I see zero wrong with his answers. Amari is not a rookie. Neither is Tyler Davis. Doubs is.

Reaction score
On the pass to Amari, yes, everytime. I don’t care if he’s figuring things out in preseason but I’m regular season that better be zipped before the break so the ball is going past the DBs earhole before he can get his head around or he better be sure the pass is worth throwing if the wr ran the wrong route.

The DB had already won the route when he threw it. He has to be able to recognize that. No matter what.

Had he thrown it so he could catch it at the break before the defender had a chance and it was a great play by the defender to snap his head around and do it anyway, that’s different.

Even though it was the wrong route, he has to be able to recognize it’s a wrong route and that the db has won in coverage and throw it away eat it, or move on. He was the 3rd or 4th read as I understand it, so it wasn’t a quick timing route, he read it wrong.
Sometimes it’s ok just to throw one into the dirt. He should’ve threw it away it was a broken play, but he topped it off with forcing the ball.

Love reminds me more of young Favre from a Passer perspective, Jordan has slightly better legs, but Favre would win the Fast ball. Both have strong arms and will make a Big play, then in the same breath they’ll throw a stupid pass negate the awesome plays.

One thing I’m pretty sure I’m correct on about Love is he’s confident in himself. He’s made some big time throws that only a handful of QB’s can make. He’s getting better footing of the Offense, more smooth not just running for his life heaving balls. Yes ok there’s those 3-4 mistake each contrast to clean up, but they are becoming more minor mistakes.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reaction score
As for Rodgers calling out the young WR for running around wild? I have zero problems with that. Those WR had better take him at his word, it’s not good at all. This team has high expectations this season and they’d better put in the extra time to get it fixed yesterday. Yea there’s a learning curve, but this isn’t the time to be timid either.

D

Deleted member 6794

It should be no surprise that they aren't up to speed, given that they are rookies.

They're NFL players at this point getting paid to be aware of their assignments. I have absolutely no issue with them being criticized for not being up to the task.

Hmm, you might lose your life then. Sounds like yesterday Rodgers criticized them publicly, and today Rodgers told them that stuff in a meeting.

The Packers analyze every single play during practice in their meetings. They have been told about their mistakes before Rodgers went public with it.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen such a fuss being made about such tame comments. Look at what Rodgers actually said; if any other QB in the league said it regarding his WRs it'd be a non-story.

Sorry, but if "We've got to be more consistent, got to get better with drops, bad route decisions, running the wrong route" is enough to kill the confidence/development of our young WRs (or, tbh, negatively impact their progression at all) then they probably weren't gonna "make it" in the first place.

It's a total non-issue and I think deep down we pretty much all know it.

Reaction score
I am not, but apparently I see things like one :)
What do you think of Dexter? I’m trying to place a bet with @Pokerbrat2000 about him making the Roster and bring our #3 RB by seasons end. Ok maybe that’s a stretch :coffee:

Do you think Rodgers likes Dexter? Has he fixed his catching screens issue he had? Sorry I know it’s a loaded baked potato of a question :whistling:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Dexter is with the Packers for the duration. He might be kept around early, or brought back late because of injury if available, but he's not a 53 man roster spot for long if at all.

Reaction score
I don't think Dexter is with the Packers for the duration. He might be kept around early, or brought back late because of injury if available, but he's not a 53 man roster spot for long if at all.
Oh I know I’m just having fun.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What do you think of Dexter? I’m trying to place a bet with @Pokerbrat2000 about him making the Roster and bring our #3 RB by seasons end. Ok maybe that’s a stretch :coffee:

Do you think Rodgers likes Dexter? Has he fixed his catching screens issue he had? Sorry I know it’s a loaded baked potato of a question

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're NFL players at this point getting paid to be aware of their assignments. I have absolutely no issue with them being criticized for not being up to the task.
I don't think there's any question about that. The question is if it's a good idea to call them out publicly about it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there's any question about that. The question is if it's a good idea to call them out publicly about it.
It's not like this was a regular season game and Doubs bobbles and drops one that gets int'd and we lose and someone starts blasting him for losing the game. That's calling out and uncalled for. I'd probably have to send Rodgers a strongly worded letter if that were to happen.

But I don't find anything he said out of line, not even remotely. It's all true and it's in the context of what this team and these young players are going to have expected of them if they want to see the field. He's been praising them all preseason for their work, they should be able to take some very light constructive criticism, no matter the delivery.

D

Deleted member 6794

The young receivers had a much better day on Wednesday after Rodgers' comments the day before. If you read the article linked below it seems none of them had an issue with their quarterback talking to the media. It might be a good idea for fans to take that approach as well.

Reaction score
The young receivers had a much better day on Wednesday after Rodgers' comments the day before. If you read the article linked below it seems none of them had an issue with their quarterback talking to the media. It might be a good idea for fans to take that approach as well.

Right. Some people interpret tough love incorrectly. Constructive criticism is ok in small doses and from what I’ve seen Rodgers doesn’t go around trying to publicly humiliate his teammates. He’s actually relatively private with most matters and flies under the radar.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
rodgers knows what he is saying every time he speaks...

The pr dept coaches every what to say... he had already had his say to the wr b4 he went to media

Members online