Is Rodgers All In?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s obviously hard to quantify building relationships. Yet I think it’s safe to say that building relationships and the trust that comes with it is one of the more important things in our lifetime. Our relationship with God, our relationship with our family, friends, work associates. Our entire life is a result that started from 1 relationship. So I don’t need to argue the incredible importance of relationships. I need only remind those who sometimes forget. As humans we have an extremely short memory. To reiterate what we already know. Relationships require effort and sacrifice. The level you put in is the level you get out. 99% effort and sacrifice will not or never get you 100% results. It might be good enough to Win it all or it might be 1% short of the goal.

Football is NOT some lone exception to that concept. If anything, sports is the epitome of what personal relationships can become. Not even to mention the next generation, who learns from us and our commitment level (or lack thereof) which is in full display in every aspect of our lives.

Aaron Rodgers continually regurgitates that he’s 100% committed with words, he wouldn’t have to say those words if he really was. We’d already know it.

For myself and what I’ve witnessed personally is the most dynamic thing regarding commitment levels.
Aaron actually has the smarts of a college 400+ level professor… and the wisdom of a Toddler. Solomon himself would’ve been stupefied
Wisdom of a toddler? not sure I would go that far.. but that really made me laugh

Reaction score
Wisdom of a toddler? not sure I would go that far.. but that really made me laugh
Yes. It had a bit a dramatic appeal for effect for underlying humor. Obviously he’s at least primary grade school level wisdom. :coffee:

Now let’s go Win some games
damn it Jim, I’m a Dr.! not a QB! (Said with a “Bones” grumble)

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s obviously hard to quantify building relationships. Yet I think it’s safe to say that building relationships and the trust that comes with it is one of the more important things in our lifetime. Our relationship with God, our relationship with our family, friends, work associates. Our entire life is a result that started from 1 relationship. So I don’t need to argue the incredible importance of relationships. I need only remind those who sometimes forget. As humans we have an extremely short memory. To reiterate what we already know. Relationships require effort and sacrifice. The level you put in is the level you get out. 99% effort and sacrifice will not or never get you 100% results. It might be good enough to Win it all or it might be 1% short of the goal.

Football is NOT some lone exception to that concept. If anything, sports is the epitome of what personal relationships can become. Not even to mention the next generation, who learns from us and our commitment level (or lack thereof) which is in full display in every aspect of our lives.

Aaron Rodgers continually regurgitates that he’s 100% committed with words, he wouldn’t have to say those words if he really was. We’d already know it.

For myself and what I’ve witnessed personally is the most dynamic thing regarding commitment levels.
Aaron actually has the smarts of a college 400+ level professor… and the wisdom of a Toddler, to the point Solomon himself would’ve been stupefied. :tdown:
Yeah if you ask any manager what is the #1 key to success, and I don't care what industry, it's communications. It's hard to even think of an exception.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might be the maturity level of a toddler. He's extremely smart at his craft - both strategy and execution. I don't know enough to comment on wisdom.

And the toddler part comes from what appears to be selfishness. But I don't know the guy, so take it for what that's worth. Not much really. I'm glad he's our QB. Someone commented about how can we say we know someone from what we hear and see on TV and in other media? The answer is not much. He plays football really well. We watch and are entertained (usually). Beyond that, who cares?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson doesn't deserve any credit for the Seattle's Super Bowl winning roster. The 2013 Seahawks didn't feature a single player from the time Thompson worked there.
why on earth would you think I was talking about their 2013 team? Thought it would be obvious I was talking about the Seattle team that went to the super bowl the year he left there and came here in which many of their best players he helped acquire like Alexander and hutchinson, and Trufant. He most certainly left his mark on that team.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why on earth would you think I was talking about their 2013 team? Thought it would be obvious I was talking about the Seattle team that went to the super bowl the year he left there and came here in which many of their best players he helped acquire like Alexander and hutchinson, and Trufant. He most certainly left his mark on that team.
Hey Mondio did the Seahags win the SB that year you reference? Did they win a SB during TT's tenure? And you're right, he left a mark on that team, no question. Even if they didn't win that SB in question, just getting there is no small feat (ask any Packer fan, right!).

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as the Covid example. That’s a really good physical example and leads to an entire other argument:

Let’s say Training camp rolls around and Aaron tested positive for Covid. Now we have

2 weeks of OTA’s (no show)
1-2 weeks of Training Camp
(Can’t show)

Water under the bridge now though
Yeah I wish he would have showed, MLF wanted everyone there. He didn't. It's over.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's no way a player wins two consecutive MVP awards without being fully committed.

He has to answer questions about it because the clickbait media needs to create some drama during the offseason.

My bad, I truly forgot the Seahawks made it to the Super Bowl in 2005.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I wish he would have showed, MLF wanted everyone there. He didn't. It's over.

Some here wanted him to show and some here said it didnt matter..

Coach agrees with those that wanted him there

Cant believe this is still on going. But then again..still discussing Love being drafted

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some here wanted him to show and some here said it didnt matter..

Coach agrees with those that wanted him there

Cant believe this is still on going. But then again..still discussing Love being drafted
I agree. Well until TC starts, there's just not much to talk about so these subjects take a life of their own and go on and on.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno. What would change if he was there? He hasn't been there for the last two years and won MVP awards. Obviously he didn't skip a beat. As far as not winning a Lombardi, that's far removed from early OTAs - of little or no importance. What is important is creating team unity. That's the thing that was missed. Forget the game things. Nothing was changed.

People need to quit giving themselves ulcers and nervous breakdowns as to what Rodgers bowel habits are on a daily basis. It doesn't matter. It's not going to change anything, and quite frankly, there are much more important issues surrounding this team as to whether Rodgers uses Charmin or a generic brand to wipe his bum.

Right now, I'm concerned about the progress of our players who were out with injuries are. Will Bakh be able to return before the season starts? Will he be as effective? I'm concerned about how soon Jenkins can make it back. They're talking sometime during the season. I'm hoping the earlier the better. Watching that closely. Then there's Tonyan. They think he'll be back at the start of the season. I've got my fingers crossed. He is probably our best TE, assuming he can play at the level he did, before being injured.

That's two of our five offensive linemen. 40% of the line on injury list. It's 33% of our receiving corp based on our base. All together, 3 out of 11 offensive players we need on the field. 27% of our total offense, and key elements of it.

Now, that's something to be concerned about, and who can step up and replace them until they get back, or permanently, if they can't make the cut coming back. That's the worst of it. The ones that sometimes never get back to what they were.

Now you can worry.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno. What would change if he was there? He hasn't been there for the last two years and won MVP awards. Obviously he didn't skip a beat. As far as not winning a Lombardi, that's far removed from early OTAs - of little or no importance. What is important is creating team unity. That's the thing that was missed. Forget the game things. Nothing was changed.

People need to quit giving themselves ulcers and nervous breakdowns as to what Rodgers bowel habits are on a daily basis. It doesn't matter. It's not going to change anything, and quite frankly, there are much more important issues surrounding this team as to whether Rodgers uses Charmin or a generic brand to wipe his bum.

Right now, I'm concerned about the progress of our players who were out with injuries are. Will Bakh be able to return before the season starts? Will he be as effective? I'm concerned about how soon Jenkins can make it back. They're talking sometime during the season. I'm hoping the earlier the better. Watching that closely. Then there's Tonyan. They think he'll be back at the start of the season. I've got my fingers crossed. He is probably our best TE, assuming he can play at the level he did, before being injured.

That's two of our five offensive linemen. 40% of the line on injury list. It's 33% of our receiving corp based on our base. All together, 3 out of 11 offensive players we need on the field. 27% of our total offense, and key elements of it.

Now, that's something to be concerned about, and who can step up and replace them until they get back, or permanently, if they can't make the cut coming back. That's the worst of it. The ones that sometimes never get back to what they were.

Now you can worry.
I'm much more interested (concerned?) about Bakh's status than whether Rodgers attended OTAs. I'm also hoping that Tonyan is ready either day 1 or within a few weeks of the season starting. If he goes on PUP (which is probably where Jenkins starts the season) he's out for at least six weeks.

But I learned a long time ago not to worry about things I can't change. It still takes some effort, but keeps my BP low........

Reaction score
In my opinion a lot of Packers fans and media gurus act as if they know a ton about Rodgers, having background information on him when in reality they know diddly-squat about the guy.
I actually agree with you on the topic that some forms of media can be deceptive. I’m 100% on board with that. But I also watch people spin that all the time only when it’s convenient to protect their option, cause or narrative. Not everything is a conspiracy!

That said. There’s actually more than a few people that have worked closely with Rodgers that talk about his selfish behaviors. So let’s not give some false perception of our reality. So how do we hear about those real experiences? Through radio, tv, internet, books etc.. it’s called media. Those fellow players can’t go door to door to tell you first hand, that would be preposterous to expect that. Plus, if we can’t trust any form of reporting or any type of media? What are we doing on this forum? Why do millions worship online, why do we watch documentaries? So spare us the media bit, because you yourself use it to do research all the time. You’d condemn yourself through saying I or anyone else can’t trust anything but live experiences one in one with a person.

That said, when several witnesses tell first hand accounts of similar experiences? We need to ask ourselves what their motive would be to do so. Further, when those scenarios and experiences happens over a decade plus with various people close to the source? When those shared experiences show a common theme? We look for common denominators. When we watch with our own eyes as Rodgers tries to slick us through the media? We have enough cumulative circumstantial evidence to at the very least connect the dots. Now Rodgers might think we’re all really dumb and can’t think for ourselves, but people are near experts in human behavior in the area of being deceived. If we see people deceptive in small matters, expect that to grow like a weed

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s funny. Thank you
When I read all the stories being printed on the internet about Rodgers, and just about everything else, this old ad comes to mind. It keeps me focusing on the fact that the internet created a lot of "opportunities" for the village idiots to start blogs, and present themselves as experts on subjects, when they're probably not capable of pouring düngen out of a boot without someone giving them instructions.

But, it does keep things interesting. ;)

Reaction score
When I read all the stories being printed on the internet about Rodgers, and just about everything else, this old ad comes to mind. It keeps me focusing on the fact that the internet created a lot of "opportunities" for the village idiots to start blogs, and present themselves as experts on subjects, when they're probably not capable of pouring düngen out of a boot without someone giving them instructions.

But, it does keep things interesting. ;)
Oh there’s no question in general we need to be careful about the source.
Sometimes it’s what a player doesn’t say or do that speaks the loudest. As just 1 simple example. Rodgers fully admitted on video about not responding to reports about him being traded in draft night. However, he had the ability to clear that story up within minutes with a simple and effective 2-3 sentence statement. However, he chose silence and admitted to full awareness of the huge distraction it caused. In that case the silence only fueled the fire and he allowed that foul aroma to permeate an entire event. Very poor judgment, but yet I STILL gave him the benefit of doubt that just maybe it could’ve been his counsel/PR manager or poor advice. However, he admitted live on television it was him that purposely remained silent! It was his duty to end that charade and yet it became an embarrassment for the entire Packers organization (his own employer!) Guys like Terry Bradshaw that loves the Packers was ticked off, we rarely see that. It’s been Rodgers MO since he’s been on scene. #12 is quick to offend and slow to forgive. In addition, it’s a terrible role model for our kids.

Im not directing this as much at you as much as the flow of this thread. This whole business of trying to pretend innocence for Rodgers when more questions are raised is just a bit contrived. He is who he is, it’s part of the package. I’m still going to root him on in hopes that he will somehow show change, he missed a really good opportunity this OTA. This is the type of minor stuff he brings upon himself instead of just putting it to bed. It’s a culmination of mini bad moves.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh there’s no question in general we need to be careful about the source.

However, The whole issue of learning about sports figures in general depends on which source you get info from.
I prefer to use direct interviews with players or coaches who have spent substantial time with Rodgers, also Rodgers interviews where he is speaking directly to us, the audience, with the help of an interviewer.

Sometimes it’s what a player doesn’t say or do that speaks the loudest. As just 1 simple example. Rodgers fully admitted on video about not responding to reports about him being traded in draft night. However, he had the ability to clear that story up within minutes with a simple and effective 2-3 sentence statement. However, he chose silence and admitted to full awareness of the huge distraction it caused. In that case the silence only fueled the fire and he allowed that to foul aroma to permeate an entire event. Very poor judgment, but yet I STILL gave him the benefit of doubt that just maybe he might have be his counsel/PR manager might’ve offered poor advice. However, he admitted live on television it was him that purposely remained silent!

He could’ve ended that charade inside 15 seconds and yet it became an embarrassment for the entire Packers organization (his own employer!) I fully believe that while he didn’t directly initiate, he absolutely, positively wanted to use that as a form retaliation for the previous draft. It’s been his MO.. he’s a grudge holder of supreme proportions. He’s quick to offend and slow to forgive.

That is just light icing. He’s been having issues with our staff for years. Well before Matt ever came on scene. It’s not a crime to call a crybaby out.
Yeah we're all human and we're gonna form opinions. Rodgers strikes me as full of himself. But I don't care much. I like to watch him play football. Everything else is his deal and it doesn't affect me.

Reaction score
Yeah we're all human and we're gonna form opinions. Rodgers strikes me as full of himself. But I don't care much. I like to watch him play football. Everything else is his deal and it doesn't affect me.
Yeah. Many top athletes have a similar disposition. I’m not a versed Psychologist, but I would imagine it’s partly their ego that fuels a competitive nature. I’ll leave it at that, I was drawn into what sounds like complaining about Rodgers, only to respond to a couple posters pairing our use of media with forming opinions. Which is silly because we live in the worldwide web. We barely leave the house these days. I see people walking/exercising outside alone with masks for heavens sakes, in 90+ degrees! I think we can definitely take online information way too far or too seriously.

D

Deleted member 6794

There’s actually more than a few people that have worked closely with Rodgers that talk about his selfish behaviors. So let’s not give some false perception of our reality. So how do we hear about those real experiences? Through radio, tv, internet, books etc.. it’s called media. Those fellow players can’t go door to door to tell you first hand, that would be preposterous to expect that. Plus, if we can’t trust any form of reporting or any type of media? What are we doing on this forum? Why do millions worship online, why do we watch documentaries? So spare us the media bit, because you yourself use it to do research all the time. You’d condemn yourself through saying I or anyone else can’t trust anything but live experiences one in one with a person.

That said, when several witnesses tell first hand accounts of similar experiences? We need to ask ourselves what their motive would be to do so. Further, when those scenarios and experiences happens over a decade plus with various people close to the source? When those shared experiences show a common theme? We look for common denominators. When we watch with our own eyes as Rodgers tries to slick us through the media? We have enough cumulative circumstantial evidence to at the very least connect the dots. Now Rodgers might think we’re all really dumb and can’t think for ourselves, but people are near experts in human behavior in the area of being deceived. If we see people deceptive in small matters, expect that to grow like a weed

Jermichael Finley and Greg Jennings are the only former teammates of Rodgers who I remember talking negatively about the quarterback. There have been ton of others who came to his defense. Therefore I prefer to focus on the majority of players who actually know what they're talking about. In addition the front office feeling comfortable about making Rodgers the highest paid player in the league at age 38 should actually tell you everything you need to know about the guy.

Don't get me wrong, the media serves its purpose. But you should rely on facts to form an opinion and not rumors being spread by idiots like Florio.

Sometimes it’s what a player doesn’t say or do that speaks the loudest. As just 1 simple example. Rodgers fully admitted on video about not responding to reports about him being traded in draft night. However, he had the ability to clear that story up within minutes with a simple and effective 2-3 sentence statement. However, he chose silence and admitted to full awareness of the huge distraction it caused. In that case the silence only fueled the fire and he allowed that foul aroma to permeate an entire event. Very poor judgment, but yet I STILL gave him the benefit of doubt that just maybe it could’ve been his counsel/PR manager or poor advice. However, he admitted live on television it was him that purposely remained silent! It was his duty to end that charade and yet it became an embarrassment for the entire Packers organization (his own employer!)

How on earth is it Rodgers' duty to respond to reports about him being traded??? Actually I liked that he stay silent the entire offseason and didn't talk to the media until he showed up for camp.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Years ago I came to the conclusion that professional football fans do two things very effectively.

First, they turn gifted athletes into people that believe they're living gods, by heaping praise on them, demanding that the media hang on every word they say as if it was pearls of wisdom. They can do no evil.

Secondly, when the skills diminish, or a question of "loyalty" appears, they tear them down, like a statue made of clay. What was built must be destroyed, because the person has now failed to meet the expectations we've placed upon them.

It's human nature. We demand more of our athletes than we do of ourselves. We reserve the right to leave an employer, and move on, for personal reasons, or for more money. Athletes? Oh no! It's a loyalty test. After all, we've got the person's jersey on. They should be thankful. And, even more, they make so much money they should be grateful. We lament that we'd be happy if we were in their shoes.

Anyhow, it's called a love/hate relationship. For a lot of Packer fans, Rodgers has gone past the love part, and is now in the hate portion of his career. No matter what he does, it's going to be interpreted as wrong. Let's just hope our own lives aren't judged as harshly as his.

It's hell living in a fish bowl.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Years ago I came to the conclusion that professional football fans do two things very effectively.

First, they turn gifted athletes into people that believe they're living gods, by heaping praise on them, demanding that the media hang on every word they say as if it was pearls of wisdom. They can do no evil.

Secondly, when the skills diminish, or a question of "loyalty" appears, they tear them down, like a statue made of clay. What was built must be destroyed, because the person has now failed to meet the expectations we've placed upon them.

It's human nature. We demand more of our athletes than we do of ourselves. We reserve the right to leave an employer, and move on, for personal reasons, or for more money. Athletes? Oh no! It's a loyalty test. After all, we've got the person's jersey on. They should be thankful. And, even more, they make so much money they should be grateful. We lament that we'd be happy if we were in their shoes.

Anyhow, it's called a love/hate relationship. For a lot of Packer fans, Rodgers has gone past the love part, and is now in the hate portion of his career. No matter what he does, it's going to be interpreted as wrong. Let's just hope our own lives aren't judged as harshly as his.

It's hell living in a fish bowl.
It IS hell living in a fish bowl, or at least it must be, I wouldn't know. I am truly grateful for not being so much in the public eye that I can't go into a Starbucks without, at a minimum, people staring.

I know, I know these people make a lot of money and fame comes with the territory. I get that part and I think it's true. For kids especially, these guys become heroes. Famous people need to adjust and deal with it. I just wouldn't want it. And if any of you think about it, would you?

And yeah Voyageur, what the hell are we supposed to do now with our G&G Davante Adams' jerseys? ;)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. Many top athletes have a similar disposition. I’m not a versed Psychologist, but I would imagine it’s partly their ego that fuels a competitive nature. I’ll leave it at that, I was drawn into what sounds like complaining about Rodgers, only to respond to a couple posters pairing our use of media with forming opinions. Which is silly because we live in the worldwide web. We barely leave the house these days. I see people walking/exercising outside alone with masks for heavens sakes, in 90+ degrees! I think we can definitely take online information way too far or too seriously.
Well yeah OldSchool. And the written word - either through a forum or email or text or an old fashioned letter, can be easily misconstrued, with all good intentions. And then the back and forth begins, and the original point is completely lost. That's a life lesson I learned the hard way. At some point, it's best to let go.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Mondio did the Seahags win the SB that year you reference? Did they win a SB during TT's tenure? And you're right, he left a mark on that team, no question. Even if they didn't win that SB in question, just getting there is no small feat (ask any Packer fan, right!).
No, they lost and I can't remember to who? Steelers?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts