Is Rodgers All In?

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The poor mysterious guy needs time to work on his golf game. Let's leave him alone please.
Speaking of which, I wonder why they paired Rodgers and Brady together against Mahomes and Allen. Woulda been better to have Rodgers and Brady on opposite sides. I don't want this to be a "Rodgers can't win unless he's on Brady's team" situation.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Attachments

• 91644-w740.jpg
    91644-w740.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 88
D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe between the QB Coaching switch and a slew of new and untested Receivers gave Rodgers some extra incentive this season. While I realize showing up to work on a day off is not a requirement, there are occasions where it’s just the right thing to do. That small, extra effort can really be a motivating factor for everyone,, Coaches included

It's interesting that Jaire Alexander, Rasul Douglas, Rashan Gary, Marcedes Lewis, Preston Smith and Sammy Watkins didn't show up for the first week of OTA practices either but none of them is getting any heat for doing so.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's interesting that Jaire Alexander, Rasul Douglas, Rashan Gary, Marcedes Lewis, Preston Smith and Sammy Watkins didn't show up for the first week of OTA practices either but none of them is getting any heat for doing so.
I wonder why they don't have threads 7 pages long by now questioning their commitment?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Why would they show up, their team leader didn't. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was convinced at least one of you would blame Rodgers for other players not showing up for OTAs :rolleyes:
They are all adults, they can make up their own minds. Rodgers didn't put a gun to any of their heads and tell them not to show up. Just goes to show you their level of commitment and priority of it. As MLF said, he would love to have all the players there, but its voluntary, so what can he do.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They are all adults, they can make up their own minds. Rodgers didn't put a gun to any of their heads and tell them not to show up. Just goes to show you their level of commitment and priority of it. As MLF said, he would love to have all the players there, but its voluntary, so what can he do.

Matt wanted him there??????? Just like some of us here.. but who are we to think like the coach??

“I’m not comfortable with anybody not being here. I’d like ‘em all here,” LaFleur went on to say. Reiterating, “Again, it’s their choice. Next week is mandatory minicamp, so there’s consequences obviously for not coming.”

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Matt wanted him there??????? Just like some of us here.. but who are we to think like the coach??
True, what do we know. Guessing most of the high profile players in the NFL skip this stuff, because it does nothing to promote team unity or influence your young guys. The vets would just get in the way.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would prefer everybody to show up for OTAs as well but I don't believe it's as big of a deal as some here believe. My point was why no other player gets any heat for not showing up aside of Rodgers though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would prefer everybody to show up for OTAs as well but I don't believe it's as big of a deal as some here believe. My point was why no other player gets any heat for not showing up aside of Rodgers though.
After the last year of all the drama that Rodgers put the Packers and their fans through, I think you know the answer to your own question. For some of us, he doesn't have a lot of wiggle room when it comes to showing his commitment to the Packers and his teammates. Yup, the OTA's are most definitely optional, but if you look around the league, a lot of high profile guys are showing up for them. Then you have Rodgers, a QB with 4 new WR's replacing his 2 favorite targets and he's a no show. Not the best move on Rodgers part IMO.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then you have Rodgers, a QB with 4 new WR's replacing his 2 favorite targets and he's a no show. Not the best move on Rodgers part IMO.
You always hear that athletes like Michael Jordan were the first person to show up for practice, and the last one to leave. I'm not that familiar with the NBA, so I'm not sure what they have that would be analogous to OTAs. But it makes me wonder: Would Michael Jordan show up for OTAs?

i don't think Rodgers needs it personally, at his age he's probably better off limiting his time or he might burn out by the end of the season. But then add in he doesn't like to play in preseason either. From a leadership standpoint, its annoying.

Speaking or Rodgers, did you hear the story he told about the high school game where they had to drive 80 yards for the win? He said he threw the TD to his best friend, and that was the moment he fell in love with football. It struck me that even then he was throwing to his favorites :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
i don't think Rodgers needs it personally, at his age he's probably better off limiting his time or he might burn out by the end of the season. But then add in he doesn't like to play in preseason either. From a leadership standpoint, its annoying.
I don't buy the "he doesn't need it" or "he could get hurt" or "he will get enough at camp". Of course AR doesn't need to perfect his skills as a QB, he is a great QB. However, a QB's job isn't independent of any other players jobs. I would say the QB is the hub of the whole offense and everything spins off of the QB. If this was a camp where Jordy, Randall and James Jones were all returning, I could see how the importance drops a tad. However that isn't the case and its about being a team guy. Rodgers could very well sit out some or most of the drills if imjury or burn out is a concern. He could just be there to offer support and tips to his teammates and coaches. I could ramble on about all the things Rodgers could do to at OTA's to benefit his teammates and the Packers, so I will stop. Last thing I will say, him being gone benefits one person, Aaron Rodgers.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could ramble on about all the things Rodgers could do to at OTA's to benefit his teammates and the Packers, so I will stop. Last thing I will say, him being gone benefits one person, Aaron Rodgers.
That's why I say it's a failure of leadership. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. But who knows, it could be little things like this that have cost us another Super Bowl the last 11 years. In a butterfly effect kind of way. Brady skips OTAs now too though.

For some reason, this reminds me of Jackie Gleason skipping rehearsals for The Honeymooners. The others would rehearse and use a stand in for Gleason.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't buy the "he doesn't need it" or "he could get hurt" or "he will get enough at camp". Of course AR doesn't need to perfect his skills as a QB, he is a great QB. However, a QB's job isn't independent of any other players jobs. I would say the QB is the hub of the whole offense and everything spins off of the QB. If this was a camp where Jordy, Randall and James Jones were all returning, I could see how the importance drops a tad. However that isn't the case and its about being a team guy. Rodgers could very well sit out some or most of the drills if imjury or burn out is a concern. He could just be there to offer support and tips to his teammates and coaches. I could ramble on about all the things Rodgers could do to at OTA's to benefit his teammates and the Packers, so I will stop. Last thing I will say, him being gone benefits one person, Aaron Rodgers.
We don't really matter...Matt saying he wants everyone there tells a lot

Reaction score
In the majority of years during Aaron’s tenure, I would’ve cared less if he showed up for OTA’s. For years I defended him and made it abundantly known of how the FO largely ignored getting him weapons. I defended him. However, this year is very unique.

You’ve Got Rodgers claiming to be unhappy with his employer in the recent past. The Packers went “all-in” to appease Rodgers. They trade a draft picks for his favorite player, then they involved him in the draft and they made him the highest annually paid player. Here’s a QB that hasn’t been able to to get over the NFC hump for 11 straight years.

Finally, after a decade of our FO largely ignoring WR, GB selects 3 WR’s in 2022 and uses the highest amount of draft capital at the WR position in any single season during Rodgers entire tenure as a starter. Now, when all is on the line… when the time is running out on his chances to get that Lombardi.. the sunset approaching imminent… and all eyes are on #12… partly because his favorite target bailed out and the WR room was nearly gutted….

Aaron should Run for President. He’d fit right in. Lots of big talk leading up to the big day.. then he’s gone golfing.

He owes me 2 SB
He’s now past due on one SB account.
Plus, His SB payment is coming due again. He’ll be 60 days past due on his SB account (-2 SB) if he doesn’t get his account caught up in 2022 :geek:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts