Is Rodgers All In?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Talking to a receiver about what an opponent is doing on defense isn’t the same thing as practicing.
So during ota, or a practice he isnt suppose to talk to the player?
Thats what people are thinking about when they say if he is at ota it will only help

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The drama in 2008 involved a an individual who wanted to be Packer and a football player and who turned down a bribe by Ted Thompson to go away. A truly shameful stain on the franchise and the NFL. The drama in 2021 involved an individual who “wasn’t sure” he wanted to be a Packer or maybe even a football player anymore, then played the franchise like a fiddle extorted money in 2021 and MORE money a few months later damaging the franchise for years to come. I predicted the outcome of last years debacle in August - Rodgers folding in the playoffs - failing to be lead the team when it counted most. This year (and next) I forsee a less dramatic failure based largely on growing indifference, the realization of his personal failure and the need to shift blame to others (as he has his entire career). Hope I’m wrong this time.
Just another fan not holding the front office accountable and laying the blame at the feet of Rodgers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The drama in 2008 involved a an individual who wanted to be Packer and a football player and who turned down a bribe by Ted Thompson to go away. A truly shameful stain on the franchise and the NFL. The drama in 2021 involved an individual who “wasn’t sure” he wanted to be a Packer or maybe even a football player anymore, then played the franchise like a fiddle extorted money in 2021 and MORE money a few months later damaging the franchise for years to come. I predicted the outcome of last years debacle in August - Rodgers folding in the playoffs - failing to be lead the team when it counted most. This year (and next) I forsee a less dramatic failure based largely on growing indifference, the realization of his personal failure and the need to shift blame to others (as he has his entire career). Hope I’m wrong this time.
Lol at bribe

So much wrong...bretts team sure did a spin job.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So during ota, or a practice he isnt suppose to talk to the player?
Thats what people are thinking about when they say if he is at ota it will only help

You think Rodgers is talking to rookies during OTAs about what a vanilla practice defense is doing while he's standing on the sideline with the receiver (rather than the receiver standing with the receiver coach)? I believe, and I'm could be wrong here, that the "chatting" going on during OTAs is probably with the position coaches. Offense vs defense isn't generally a huge part of practices.

Reaction score
It wasn't Rodgers who decided to break the news on draft day but Adam Schefter. It seems like you forgot pretty quickly after the drama that happened in 2008.
I never said Rodgers broke any news

Not sure where you got that from?

He has a PR manager. Where was his representation? and tell me why Rodgers didn’t make a statement to put that to rest. It was totally timing inappropriate and unprofessional (even if it was true) and a simple remark condemning that awful timing was in order. He obviously isn’t nearly as smart as he thinks.

It takes 15 minutes to release a 1 paragraph statement clearing the matter up. It was a total failure and I believe it was Aaron Rodgers decision to remain silent to create disharmony. For a guy that’s all about peace and relaxation, caloric maximum utilization and “positive California vibes?” he sure creates and allows a lot of totally unnecessary friction and loves being the root cause of dissension.

This is the 2021 draft we’re talking
about!’it’s not like he missed the newspaper print deadline!:sneaky:

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have enough Packer threads to make a sweater. Can we just have 1 thread? :coffee:
I mean we have to keep ourselves occupied somehow while we're waiting for the draft and the season to commence. (For the record I'm messing around) XD

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You think Rodgers is talking to rookies during OTAs about what a vanilla practice defense is doing while he's standing on the sideline with the receiver (rather than the receiver standing with the receiver coach)? I believe, and I'm could be wrong here, that the "chatting" going on during OTAs is probably with the position coaches. Offense vs defense isn't generally a huge part of practices.
And you think if Rodgers sees him doing something wrong he says nothing?

Im not saying he shows him the play book but offer some advice.

You twist my questions around so much

So you think if Rodgers was at ota, it wouldnt benefit any new wr, te, etc?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you think if Rodgers seed him doing something wrong he says nothing?

Im.not saying he shows him the play book but offer some advice.

You twist my questions around so much

So you think if Rodgers was at ota, it wouldnt benefit any new wr, te, etc?
It could, then again it could not, as there are so many variables to take into consideration. What if one of them gives Rodgers a bad impression as oppose to a good one? What if Rodgers has a bad attitude? Etc. A far fetched example sure, but whether it would have a good or bad effect would TBD. Again these this is a far fetched, and I don't expect Rodgers to conduct himself in a poor fashion.

D

Deleted member 6794

First of all let me say it's ridiculous the "Rodgers signed to $150 million deal" thread was closed, there was absolutely no reason for that to happen.

The drama in 2008 involved a an individual who wanted to be Packer and a football player and who turned down a bribe by Ted Thompson to go away. A truly shameful stain on the franchise and the NFL. The drama in 2021 involved an individual who “wasn’t sure” he wanted to be a Packer or maybe even a football player anymore, then played the franchise like a fiddle extorted money in 2021 and MORE money a few months later damaging the franchise for years to come.

Favre was the one responsible for the drama in 2008 by retiring before trying to show up for camp months later. Aside of a mandatory minicamp Rodgers didn't create any drama last offseason.

I never said Rodgers broke any news

Not sure where you got that from?

He has a PR manager. Where was his representation? and tell me why Rodgers didn’t make a statement to put that to rest. It was totally timing inappropriate and unprofessional (even if it was true) and a simple remark condemning that awful timing was in order. He obviously isn’t nearly as smart as he thinks.

It takes 15 minutes to release a 1 paragraph statement clearing the matter up. It was a total failure and I believe it was Aaron Rodgers decision to remain silent to create disharmony. For a guy that’s all about peace and relaxation, caloric maximum utilization and “positive California vibes?” he sure creates and allows a lot of totally unnecessary friction and loves being the root cause of dissension.

This is the 2021 draft we’re talking
about!’it’s not like he missed the newspaper print deadline!:sneaky:

Rodgers put the story to rest by showing up for training camp. I'm sorry it ruined your draft day experience but he wasn't the one responsible for breaking the story on that day. In addition I definitely preferred him to stay silent and resolve the issue away from the spotlight instead of doing that in public.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It could, then again it could not, as there are so many variables to take into consideration. What if one of them gives Rodgers a bad impression as oppose to a good one? What if Rodgers has a bad attitude? Etc. A far fetched example sure, but whether it would have a good or bad effect would TBD. Again these this is a far fetched, and I don't expect Rodgers to conduct himself in a poor fashion.
that could happen 1st day of tc too

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well since Rogers skipped everything last year and was still MVP, I think we all can R-E-L-A-X.
Maybe, but I bet the rookies realize in 15 seconds of their first practice he's not playing around and what they thought was a commitment was just the start. and the other guys, they already know. Every teammate practically has spoken to his work ethic, attention, focus and competitive fire.

There is no timing to work on with guys that don't even know terminology months before Training camp starts. I'm not a person that always subscribes to more is better because his reps will be limited even in TC and in the season. So why are they so important now with guys who's heads are spinning? I also don't think the most work gets done on 70 hour work weeks 6 or 7 days a week. HOW you do things and the commitment and the focus are so much more important than the time. Yeah, some guys need that. I don't know Aaron, but I have a feeling I know peopleYeah I think I'd rather have the rookies like him and they get more done with 3 hours than most get done in a week. They aren't the guys you make do stuff just to do stuff at this stage of his career.
Yeah I think I'd rather have the rookies mastering the play book and getting acclimated to life in the NFL where it's a full time job. They don't need Rodgers for that.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your goal is to have Rogers be the MVP perhaps you can.
Imo he's beyond such accolades now. It's time to win another title. I know you weren't implying that he should settle with just an MVP.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imo he's beyond such accolades now. It's time to win another title. I know you weren't implying that he should settle with just an MVP.
The team needs to stop ******** the bed then.

Against the Buccs you had epic collapses from King, Turner, and Lazard. King has no excuse for how poorly he played. He was toasted for 2 TDs where he just played with poor technique and game sense. Then he holds for a PI. Turner was out of position but got dominated none the less. Lazard had the worst game I think I can remember from a receiver. He screwed up a pick route that cost Adams a TD on the first drive that ended up a FG. He then somehow got out muscles by a DB way smaller than him and the ball was picked off. Then on the final drive Rodgers threw to him wide open on and RPO and he ducked the ball for what would have been a TD setting up the 2 Pt conversion. What about Jones fumbling twice and Adams dropping a TD? Are all these things Rodgers fault?

This year you had the STs collapse I called back in the first quarter of the season. I said if they didn’t get it figured out it would be a quick one and done playoff season. Sure enough that was the case. Again the tackles were bad. Lewis fumbled. The special teams in this game was the worst I had ever seen. A blocked punt for a TD. A blocked FG. Pitiful.

But again Rodgers will be blamed for all of it because it’s never the Packers fault.

Reaction score
Yeah I think I'd rather have the rookies mastering the play book and getting acclimated to life in the NFL where it's a full time job. They don't need Rodgers for that.
These football players get paid $50m annual and can’t even get to work unless it’s punishable by fines.
Talk about a bunch of spoiled crybabies.:laugh:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team needs to stop ******** the bed then.

Against the Buccs you had epic collapses from King, Turner, and Lazard. King has no excuse for how poorly he played. He was toasted for 2 TDs where he just played with poor technique and game sense. Then he holds for a PI. Turner was out of position but got dominated none the less. Lazard had the worst game I think I can remember from a receiver. He screwed up a pick route that cost Adams a TD on the first drive that ended up a FG. He then somehow got out muscles by a DB way smaller than him and the ball was picked off. Then on the final drive Rodgers threw to him wide open on and RPO and he ducked the ball for what would have been a TD setting up the 2 Pt conversion. What about Jones fumbling twice and Adams dropping a TD? Are all these things Rodgers fault?

This year you had the STs collapse I called back in the first quarter of the season. I said if they didn’t get it figured out it would be a quick one and done playoff season. Sure enough that was the case. Again the tackles were bad. Lewis fumbled. The special teams in this game was the worst I had ever seen. A blocked punt for a TD. A blocked FG. Pitiful.

But again Rodgers will be blamed for all of it because it’s never the Packers fault.
Of course he will get blamed because he DESERVES some of the blame. What's funny is that you say it's never "The Packers" fault and yet Rodgers is the quarterback for said "Packers". You win as a team and fall as a team. I never said that these losses were entirely on Rodgers, but I sure as hell will give him a bulk of the blame to go along with the others. He's the leader, and it comes with the territory.

Even with the blunders on the defensive side, I noticed you didn't mention how Rodgers threw a boneheaded interception (should've been flagged for DPI) that lead to the touchdown going into the half which made it an uphill battle. When your defense intercepts the ball 2-3 times and you end up punting the ball, you have no excuses, especially for Rodgers caliber. Even then he still had an opportunity to win the game had he simply ran in to get closer, (he could've scored imho it would've been similar to Elway's helicopter against us in The Superbowl.) Was the situation ideal for Rodgers? Absolutely not, but why does everything have to be ideal? Rodgers has been in crunch time moments so why was it he couldn't capitalize.

When your defense holds a team to 13 points you have NO EXCUSES. People want to bring up his stats but if you ask me they're empty calories as they didn't result in points. The stats may show he did well, but by HIS STANDARDS he played pitifully. Missing throws, being tunnel vision and so on. I never said that Rodgers was entirely to blame but giving him a pass for his performance, but when he had the opportunity to stop the bleeding he failed. He's the one getting paid the big money, the FO listened to his demands and caved. ST has always been an issue in the regular season and yet he found a way to get the job done, so why couldn't he this time, especially when the defense that has been our Achilles' heel for years he wasn't able to stop the bleeding?

Fair or unfair, he had two chances to get the job done and failed. Were the situations ideal? No, but does everything have to be ideal in order for you to succeed? Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

D

Deleted member 6794

Of course he will get blamed because he DESERVES some of the blame. You win as a team and fall as a team. I never said that these losses were entirely on Rodgers, but I sure as hell will give him a bulk of the blame to go along with the others. He's the leader, and it comes with the territory.

Even with the blunders on the defensive side, I noticed you didn't mention how Rodgers threw a boneheaded interception (should've been flagged for DPI) that lead to the touchdown going into the half which made it an uphill battle. When your defense intercepts the ball 2-3 times and you end up punting the ball, you have no excuses, especially for Rodgers caliber. Even then he still had an opportunity to win the game had he simply ran in to get closer, (he could've scored imho it would've been similar to Elway's helicopter against us in The Superbowl.) Was the situation ideal for Rodgers? Absolutely not, but why does everything have to be ideal? Rodgers has been in crunch time moments so why was it he couldn't capitalize.

Missing throws, being tunnel vision and so on. I never said that Rodgers was entirely to blame but giving him a pass for his performance, but when he had the opportunity to stop the bleeding he failed. He's the one getting paid the big money, the FO listened to his demands and caved. ST has always been an issue in the regular season and yet he found a way to get the job done, so why couldn't he this time, especially when the defense that has been our Achilles' heel for years he wasn't able to stop the bleeding?

Fair or unfair, he had two chances to get the job done and failed. Were the situations ideal? No, but does everything have to be ideal in order for you to succeed? Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

There's absolutely no doubt that Rodgers deserves some of the blame for the playoff losses but a lot of fans make it sound like he's the only one responsible for it. Just take your post as an example, you solely talk about him having an opportunity to win the game when actually the team had that chance.

In addition I'm still waiting on an explanation on how the offense would have been better with Rodgers spreading the ball around more against the Niners when he was 18-of-21 for 219 yards throwing to Adams and Jones while being 2-of-6 for 6 yards with a lost fumble targeting someone else.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because he's aaron Rodgers and just should, that's why...

You know when you hit your unproductive TE for a first down and he drops it, you're an idiot, selfish, tunnel visioned QB when you don't make him your first read when he's on a 1 yard pattern on a 3rd and 8 and instead look to the actual 1st reads in a progression first deeper down field in a guy like Adams. he should have totally thrown the 1 yard pass, give the guy a chance LOL

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's absolutely no doubt that Rodgers deserves some of the blame for the playoff losses but a lot of fans make it sound like he's the only one responsible for it. Just take your post as an example, you solely talk about him having an opportunity to win the game when actually the team had that chance.

In addition I'm still waiting on an explanation on how the offense would have been better with Rodgers spreading the ball around more against the Niners when he was 18-of-21 for 219 yards throwing to Adams and Jones while being 2-of-6 for 6 yards with a lost fumble targeting someone else.
That's easy Captain. If he would have thrown those 3 incompletions to someone else he would have been 21 for 21 like he is suppose to be for all of that money he makes.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
because he's aaron Rodgers and just should, that's why...

You know when you hit your unproductive TE for a first down and he drops it, you're an idiot, selfish, tunnel visioned QB when you don't make him your first read when he's on a 1 yard pattern on a 3rd and 8 and instead look to the actual 1st reads in a progression first deeper down field in a guy like Adams. he should have totally thrown the 1 yard pass, give the guy a chance LOL
lets hear from.the man himself

I think this sums it up.

A little numb for sure," Rodgers told reporters postgame. "Didn't think it was going to end like this. Disappointed in the offense, 10 points is obviously not enough. The defense, man ... played outstanding. Special teams obviously hurt us, taking points off the board, giving them points. But offensively, scoring 10 points is never good enough. Felt good about the first drive, went right down and scored, had a good drive going the second drive, poor turnover and then just didn't put a whole lot together.

Members online

Latest posts