Is Rodgers All In?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If Love truly believes in himself, he would not want a " well paid gig to carry a clipboard" to be the summary of his career. By year 5 I expect (and I'm sure he does) to be the starter or competing to be one wherever he is.
And if he still hasn't played in regular season games after 2023 season and thus unproven, what team is going to pay him and how much?

D

Deleted member 6794

Fixed it for you...in Green and Gold

I don't believe Rodgers will end up playing for another team.

And if he still hasn't played in regular season games after 2023 season and thus unproven, what team is going to pay him and how much?

I guess there will be at least one team interested in having Love compete for the starting job. While they won't pay him like a proven starter it's probable he would be offered more money than to be the backup in Green Bay.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe Rodgers will end up playing for another team.

I guess there will be at least one team interested in having Love compete for the starting job. While they won't pay him like a proven starter it's probable he would be offered more money than to be the backup in Green Bay.
Like P.T. Barnum said. "There's a sucker born every minute." In the NFL, there's always some team willing to overpay for some player's talent.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm sure this is only a partial quote, I have to admit, it's not as good as "I own you" ... but it's a nice shot nonetheless.

“All the other teams in the NFC North, it seems like every single year, I think their fanbase and their teams feel like, ‘This is our year to win the North.’ Hasn’t really been the case during my time, for the most part,” Rodgers said.

D

Deleted member 6794

Once again, imagine the backlash if Rodgers took an 11-day vacation on the Bahamas in the middle of camp.

But because Brady has had a top defense for most of his career he's considered the GOAT and best leader in the game.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's getting heat now because he got a haircut, and looks like he's right out of Peaky Blinders!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, imagine the backlash if Rodgers took an 11-day vacation on the Bahamas in the middle of camp.

But because Brady has had a top defense for most of his career he's considered the GOAT and best leader in the game.
Seven rings buy you a lot of good will. Except from your wife, I guess.

D

Deleted member 6794

Seven rings buy you a lot of good will. Except from your wife, I guess.

I don't care about Brady having seven rings. A great leader definitely doesn't take an 11-day vacation during camp when all other players work their butt off to prepare for the season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't care about Brady having seven rings. A great leader definitely doesn't take an 11-day vacation during camp when all other players work their butt off to prepare for the season.
But it is OK for Rodgers when it comes to OTA's? :rolleyes:

I get it, OTA's are probably less important than missing the 11 days between the final preseason game and the start of the season. However, with a pretty new group of WR's, I would have preferred seeing Rodgers put more work into being the team leader and QB, even if it was just helping these guys during film study and from the sidelines during OTA's. I am hoping Sunday's results aren't indicative of how much chemistry is lacking between Rodgers and his receivers.

Reaction score

You’re telling me that a 45 year old QB (knowingly pulled out of retirement) has a personal family situation and has made prior commitments when retiring, then he follows through with said family commitment, that he should be somehow punished?
What a trivial discussion

I understand people treat Rodgers with a level of contempt (which he continually brings upon himself) but these 2 situations are polar opposites imo. I’m just smh that you are making this out to be Aaron Rodgers situation. So you’d rather Brady retire and fulfill his prior commitment than take 11 days and spend with his family? (That for all you know was pre-planned and approved)
That’s just the most unreasonable thing I’ve heard this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

You’re telling me that a 45 year old QB (knowingly pulled out of retirement) has a personal family situation and has made prior commitments when retiring, then he follows through with said family commitment, that he should be somehow punished?
What a trivial discussion

I understand people treat Rodgers with a level of contempt (which he continually brings upon himself) but these 2 situations are polar opposites imo. I’m just smh that you are making this out to be Aaron Rodgers situation. So you’d rather Brady retire and fulfill his prior commitment than take 11 days and spend with his family? (That for all you know was pre-planned and approved)
That’s just the most unreasonable thing I’ve heard this year.

It's absolutely ridiculous that the same fans that criticized Rodgers for not showing up for voluntary OTAs (maybe he had some prior commitments as well - would that let you feel better about it???) are fine with Brady taking a vacation during training camp. Double standards at its best.

I suggest you think about what your reaction would have been if Rodgers was the one taking a break for training camp and preseason because he had booked a vacation before deciding to come back for the 2022 season. Then apply that same standard to Brady.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our personal feelings about individuals will always play into what we say about them, when something questionable happens. That includes guys like Rodgers, Brady, Favre, etc.

The trick is leaving bias out of what we say.

Reaction score
It's absolutely ridiculous that the same fans that criticized Rodgers for not showing up for voluntary OTAs (maybe he had some prior commitments as well - would that let you feel better about it???) are fine with Brady taking a vacation during training camp. Double standards at its best.

I suggest you think about what your reaction would have been if Rodgers was the one taking a break for training camp and preseason because he had booked a vacation before deciding to come back for the 2022 season. Then apply that same standard to Brady.

Had they denied a likely previously arranged agreement, and Brady retired for good? That would have been the single biggest faux pas in the history of personnel decisions.

Obviously Rodgers doesn’t value the additional time with a young Receiver group. He’s paying the price in between his sly remarks and he has NOT done everything in his power to advance those guys this season. This is exactly the kind of stuff you get when you don’t own your mistakes. Go figure. 1 of your 2 regular WR injure and now you’ve got to own it! He’s always quick about blaming everyone except himself. It’s a regular trend with this guy. Great Athlete, lousy attitude. He pulled this similar stuff last year and he came out stale in 2021 and it was HIS fault! He looked like total crap in Jacksonville. He’s never fully owned that one either.

Here’s a fun fact. GB has scored 6.66 points per game in season openers the last 3 consecutive seasons. Hmmm. I wonder why?? Oh! It’s the DEFENSES fault! #12 will blame everyone or anyone he can and thrice on Sunday. Did Amari make #12 fumble? Did Amari hold onto the ball unnecessarily long? (We all saw it let’s get real) Did Amari throw an ugly INT? Did Amari throw into double coverage to end the game instead of moving the chains?
Aaron is Lucky that quick throw in his 21 yard line wasn’t a 2ND INT. The MN CB dropped an easy pick 6 imo.
Aaron Rodgers needs to start owning these losses if he wants to own the Wins. If you can’t pick up 1 yard in 3 tries? (2 Redzone trips) You don’t belong in the Winner circle. You can blame everyone else and it just makes you look like a sore loser. Just own it and move on.

The answer remains NO. Until Aaron Rodgers can get through the NFC he’s not fully committed. He should have 3 SB’s by now, minimum. Is that a high standard? Yes it is an can you imagine had Michael Jordan only been to 1 Championship? It’s inconceivable. You think he didn’t have complaints?!
But Winners know how to finish what they started. Losers look to blame others and he should’ve been a good teammate on that Amari question and said “I’m to blame!” It’s my fault!
Imagine had Amari heard that one! Talk about a kissed away opportunity to inspire a man.

Tom Brady is Big Winner. MJ is a Big Winner. They never once publicly blamed their teammates. Rodgers gets an honorable mention for regular season hero and an F+ (Snarled and pleads the 5th amendment) for not backing his teammate. That’s not being all in, it’s the opposite of it, it’s being all out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Had they denied a likely previously arranged agreement, and Brady retired for good? That would have been the single biggest faux pas in the history of personnel decisions.

Aside of a three-day mandatory minicamp NFL players have from the start of February until late July to go on vacations.

It's unheard of that a player was given permission to go on one during training camp because it was previously arranged.

Obviously Rodgers doesn’t value the additional time with a young Receiver group. He’s paying the price in between his sly remarks and he has NOT done everything in his power to advance those guys this season.

You act as if Rodgers was the one on vacation during camp. Get over him not showing up for voluntary OTAs.

He’s always quick about blaming everyone except himself. It’s a regular trend with this guy. Great Athlete, lousy attitude.

You should watch Rodgers' interview from Wednesday. He clearly stated that the interception was a stupid throw and that he should have thrown the ball away on the fumble (something I don't agree with by the way as he wasn't protected long enough to take blame for it).

Here’s a fun fact. GB has scored 6.66 points per game in season openers the last 3 consecutive seasons.

You better double check your fun facts as you're wrong about it. The Packers scored 43 points in the 2020 season opener at Minnesota.

One thing to consider when talking about their season openers in 2019 vs. the Bears and last year vs. the Saints is that both of those teams had great scoring defenses all season long, finishing fourth in the league and best in the NFC in those years.

Did Amari make #12 fumble? Did Amari hold onto the ball unnecessarily long? (We all saw it let’s get real) Did Amari throw an ugly INT? Did Amari throw into double coverage to end the game instead of moving the chains?

I have no idea what Amari has to do with anything about it.

Aaron is Lucky that quick throw in his 21 yard line wasn’t a 2ND INT. The MN CB dropped an easy pick 6 imo.

The throw you're talking about happened on the Vikings 27 yard line with the Packers in desperation mode. In addition there's no way the cornerback returns that for a touchdown.

If you can’t pick up 1 yard in 3 tries? (2 Redzone trips)

Rodgers was 4-of-6 for 20 yards in the red zone vs. the Vikings. Do you honestly blame him for Dillon not being able to run it in from the 1-yard line???

The answer remains NO. Until Aaron Rodgers can get through the NFC he’s not fully committed. He should have 3 SB’s by now, minimum. Is that a high standard? Yes it is an can you imagine had Michael Jordan only been to 1 Championship? It’s inconceivable. You think he didn’t have complaints?!

Football is a team sport, Rodgers can't singlehandedly carry the Packers to a Super Bowl.

But Winners know how to finish what they started. Losers look to blame others and he should’ve been a good teammate on that Amari question and said “I’m to blame!” It’s my fault!
Imagine had Amari heard that one! Talk about a kissed away opportunity to inspire a man.

Rodgers didn't blame anyone for the loss to the Vikings.

WTF are you talking about with Amari??? Aaron should take the blame for Amari not being ready to have an impact at the pro level??? That's utter BS.

Tom Brady is Big Winner. MJ is a Big Winner. They never once publicly blamed their teammates.

Boy oh boy, you should really follow more closely.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is, if Amari was preparing like Rodgers prepares, he'd be a star. he has the talent.

D

Deleted member 6794

My guess is, if Amari was preparing like Rodgers prepares, he'd be a star. he has the talent.

I honestly don't know if Amari has the talent to have an impact at the NFL level. He only had one great season in college on a team stacked with a lot of talent. There have been a lot of prospects like him who didn't make it in the league.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't know if Amari has the talent to have an impact at the NFL level. He only had one great season in college on a team stacked with a lot of talent. There have been a lot of prospects like him who didn't make it in the league.
oh, I know. maybe star was a bit much, but I think he has enough to definitely be a productive player. Point being some guys think they can just show up and play. And some actually make it that way. I don't think Rodgers was any special specimen at any point in his career. I don't think his arm strength was that special, until he did everything he could core wise, shoulder wise, stable platform wise etc.

He's smart, that I think is above a lot of others. Has a great ability to recognize and remember, but I also think he works at it so much he can't help but be great at it. I think he put in more work in every way, film study, self study, id deficits and work like crazy in the offseason on them, diet, etc.

I think Amari has at least average or slightly above physical traits for a unique player and if one has that, if you work as hard as the one of the hardest workers in the NFL, I can't help think there's zero chance they fail.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know where Amari will end up as a receiver, but I have my fingers crossed that Doubs becomes the "new" Jordy Nelson. I see some of that tenacity in him, and have, since early in training camp.

I'm not saying he's going to be a super star, I'm just saying it might be there, and I'm going to enjoy watching to see if it happens.

Reaction score
It's unheard of that a player was given permission to go on one during training camp because it was previously arranged.
Not when a player is retired. He can ask anything he wants and if it’s reasonable and he’s an elite player, they’ll acquiesce.
Get over him not showing up for voluntary OTAs.
It seems you are totally ensnared and enamored in your own inability to let OTA’s go. Truthfully I was responding to the slights you’ve been making on Brady for being a good Father/Husband to his wife and kids. You’ll go through any lengths to back your Rodgers/OTA narrative and it wasn’t even the focal point of my response defending Brady. This just shows the degree of how enamored you still are about the past.
The throw you're talking about happened on the Vikings 27 yard line with the Packers in desperation mode. In addition there's no way the cornerback returns that for a touchdown.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I’m not sure what game you watched Sunday? Here’s a photo of what should’ve been another INT and it actually hit the CB so square in the numbers that he pulled a Watson and got the dropsies. Watson never even saw the ball, much less touched it. Aaron should prepare better earlier with guys who have never taken an NFL snap before trying stupid stuff. His stat line should read 2 INT, he got lucky.

Football is a team sport, Rodgers can't singlehandedly carry the Packers to a Super Bowl.
True. Then be a good teammate instead of creating that unnecessary controversy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

oh, I know. maybe star was a bit much, but I think he has enough to definitely be a productive player. Point being some guys think they can just show up and play. And some actually make it that way.

I think Amari has at least average or slightly above physical traits for a unique player and if one has that, if you work as hard as the one of the hardest workers in the NFL, I can't help think there's zero chance they fail.

I don't know anything about Amari's work ethic or the reasons for him not being able to get on the field but there's no doubt he needs to step up his game pretty fast or otherwise he will end up getting waived.

Not when a player is retired. He can ask anything he wants and if it’s reasonable and he’s an elite player, they’ll acquiesce.

An NFL team allowing a player to go on a vacation during camp is definitely not reasonable at all.

It seems you are totally ensnared and enamored in your own inability to let OTA’s go. Truthfully I was responding to the slights you’ve been making on Brady for being a good Father/Husband to his wife and kids. You’ll go through any lengths to back your Rodgers/OTA narrative and it wasn’t even the focal point of my response defending Brady. This just shows the degree of how enamored you still are about the past.

It was @Pokerbrat2000 who brought up that Brady going on a vacation during camp is the same as Rodgers missing OTAs, which is ridiculous. Brady has more time off from his job to be a good husband and father than most other people around, there's no reason to choose August to prove it to them.

As a side note, him mentioning that being rich is the toughest part about being parents still rubs me the wrong way.

I’m not sure what game you watched Sunday? Here’s a photo of what should’ve been another INT and it actually hit the CB so square in the numbers that he pulled a Watson and got the dropsies. Watson never even saw the ball, much less touched it. Aaron should prepare better earlier with guys who have never taken an NFL snap before trying stupid stuff. His stat line should read 2 INT, he got lucky.

First of all that photo doesn't do any good as I can't even see the ball on it. But, as mentioned above, I agree that ball should have been intercepted although it's possible Watson deserves part of the blame for not locating the ball fast enough. The same happened with Doubs against the Bears on a similar play. My point was that the play wouldn't have resulted in a pick 6 as the Vikings defender fell down with Watson on top of him.

Rodgers having shown up for OTAs wouldn't have made any difference on that throw. It might have helped if Watson didn't miss nearly all of camp though.

Then be a good teammate instead of creating that unnecessary controversy.

I was watching the Bucs game vs. the Saints yesterday and couldn't help but laugh on your take that Brady never blames any teammates for the offense struggling. Yet there was Brady rolling his eyes, streaming at his teammates for the better part of 3 1/2 quarters as they weren't able to get anything done on offense.

Here's a video of him gathering his teammates and calmly explaining how to make sure they improve over the course of the game.

Oops, seemed like I linked to the wrong video :D

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching the Bucs game vs. the Saints yesterday and couldn't help but laugh on your take that Brady never blames any teammates for the offense struggling. Yet there was Brady rolling his eyes, streaming at his teammates for the better part of 3 1/2 quarters as they weren't able to get anything done on offense.
I'm no Brady expert but it seems like he is doing a lot more yelling than in the past.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm no Brady expert but it seems like he is doing a lot more yelling than in the past.
Brady has given looks as much as Rodgers, whereas Rodgers looked frustrated, disgusted etc with himself or someone else and is more low key in how he shows it. Eye rolls, looking away, shaking head etc. Brady has stared down, yelled at, got in the faces of players all the way along. On the field and on the sidelines.

They all have their own way of dealing with it. I don't think either is really that bad at all especially considering what they bring to the table. If you're seriously not going to play your damned hardest because one of the greatest QB's of all time rolled his eyes at you or yelled at you after you screwed up, you don't have much of a disposition for anything other than living your adult life at home.

Reaction score
I was watching the Bucs game vs. the Saints yesterday and couldn't help but laugh on your take that Brady never blames any teammates for the offense struggling.
We were talking about an tv interview. Quit trying to change the setting to defend him. Aaron Rodgers and every other QB get heated during live games. As well as players at every position get heated during a game. You and everyone else knows that’s common knowledge, so it’s an unfair and inaccurate comparative debate
An NFL team allowing a player to go on a vacation during camp is definitely not reasonable at all.
for all you know they did not have a choice in the matter.. Except to choose to move on without Brady this season. If you played GM and forced Brady into retirement? You’d have a short career as an NFL GM.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd imagine the vacation and the day off every week for Brady is a compromise he made with his wife. Without the Bucs agreeing to it, he was out the door. They had a business decision to make, and made it. He did what he had to do, to save his marriage.

Personally, I'd put family first myself. Brady did the right thing for his family, and as far as the Bucs, that's just a job.

Members online

Latest posts