followed up immediately by

NO, NO, NO!!!
Our regularly scheduled programs are:
"Love sucks and was a wasted pick" or
" We have no WR's" or
"Rodgers has a bad attitude and doesn't care about the team."
None of this kumbaya stuff.
:roflmao:
Geez Poppa you have just shrunk the ENTIRE FORUM down to three statements! What else is there to talk about except buggybill's upcoming comedy tour? Biggest thing to come out of Liverpool since the Beatles!
Wait, so Rodgers is having his knee replaced and Love will be the starting Qb which has made Cobb decide to retire and spend his time playing ping pong and Bakh's bad knee has forced him into retirement and a new career doing stand-up?
Only on this forum does all this make sense Schultz. Well, except I'm getting my knee replaced, not Rodgers. For Rodgers, he's having both hips replaced 2 days prior to the start of training camp. That's the only time they could fit him in.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. If he does that? I could possibly convince you to change your name to HappyCat
My ”noted” was a bad attempt at a pun in response to concerto. When we win a SB I will change my user name to HappyCat. I chose my current user name when I joined this forum because I was mad! It was right after the disastrous loss to Seattle in the NFCCG and I needed a place where I could vent.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My ”noted” was a bad attempt at a pun in response to concerto. When we win a SB I will change my user name to HappyCat. I chose my current user name when I joined this forum because I was mad! It was right after the disastrous loss to Seattle in the NFCCG and I needed a place where I could vent.
If you used that Seattle NFCCG as inspiration for your user name, you used great restraint! Mad doesn't start to describe it! Well done!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I always have to tell my kids, quit talking about your “new knees”

D

Deleted member 6794

Some with very little knowledge of all of the Rodgers history and some with a lot of knowledge of that history. That same Bears fan probably has half the real information that some have on Rodgers. Some of those fans have a ton of Rodgers knowledge, some very little.

Of course there are the media gurus who may know all the Rodgers background information, but could care less what he did or does on the field, since they as well might not be a Packer fan.

In my opinion a lot of Packers fans and media gurus act as if they know a ton about Rodgers, having background information on him when in reality they know diddly-squat about the guy.

That's hard to predict, but if he's healthy and has another good season this year, I don't see why he wouldn't come back to pick up $59 mil. I'm assuming the Packers are on the hook for that money even in the unlikely event they waive him or decide to move on from him. (I can't see that happening, but he is 39, so who knows?)

If the Packers release Rodgers after this season they're on the hook for the $59 million option bonus as it's fully guaranteed.

If they trade him the team acquiring him will have to account for it.

If he retires the bonus doesn't need to be paid though.

TT didn't do much for the team (well other than drafting AR!). But he never participated in FA, never put the other pieces in place for the team to be successful.

Thompson was a great general manager early during his tenure with the Packers. He significantly regressed in the later stages though.

As a side note, while he rarely used free agency he made some great signings as well. First and foremost bringing Woodson to Green Bay.

Oh o o o (waiving my finger and with a New Delhi accent) Absolutely positively, unequivocally not. The ones I’ve been around think he’s a …. I said I’d be nice (pause) I’m being nice.

To be quite frank. The fans I know can’t stand the guy. They have little to no respect for him as an individual.

Fans from other teams despise Rodgers because of his play on the field and not for his personality.

Most of them would love to have him as the quarterback of their team.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion a lot of Packers fans and media gurus act as if they know a ton about Rodgers, having background information on him when in reality they know diddly-squat about the guy.

If the Packers release Rodgers after this season they're on the hook for the $59 million option bonus as it's fully guaranteed.

Thompson was a great general manager early during his tenure with the Packers. He significantly regressed in the later stages though.

As a side note, while he rarely used free agency he made some great signings as well. First and foremost bringing Woodson to Green Bay.

Fans from other teams despise Rodgers because of his play on the field and not for his personality.

Yes TT was pretty good in his early years, and in his later years his health unfortunately failed him. He didn't participate much in FA but bringing Woodson in was huge. Very similar to when Wolf brought in Reggie White. Suddenly marquee players were going to that small town in WI. Anyway, we got SB wins from each. Not bad.

And if I remember correctly he moved up in the draft to get CMIII. No doubt CMIII played a huge role on the 2010-2011 SB team.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Media types are busy trying to find value in what they're saying out here. This is the time of year where their viewership starts to dwindle. Most of them know that a huge percentage of those who no longer follow them will never return. They'll do whatever it takes to insure they lose as few of their audience as they can, and attract new followers as well.

For them, it's time to sacrifice the vestal virgins at the altar, to insure they maintain relevance. Any story, no matter how remotely possible to being true, or even a figment of their own imagination based on reading tea leaves is worth creating a sensational headline, then raving on about the subject.

Look at some of the articles; "The Packers need to snag one of these 5 TEs who are available, to make them a powerhouse!"

Then they will list five TEs who are marginal for someone else, but the writer figures will be a hot shot under LaFleur, with Rodgers at QB. Of course they're blowing smoke, because most of the guys they list are pedestrian at best. Their descriptions are either pure BS, or at least inflated, to fit the narrative. But face it. Packer fans will read the article, if for no other reason than to see if there really is someone out there in their list, who could help them improve in their passing game.

We need to take everything we read with a grain of salt. If all these ideas were good ones, or if even any of them are, the Packers are on it, and chances are, we'd be hearing about it.

I'll start my own "rumor" now. Has anyone heard about how Rodgers has bought a Lamborghini that he intends giving to Julio Jones if he signs with the Packers? Neither have I, but what the heck. Spread the news! ;)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Media types are busy trying to find value in what they're saying out here. This is the time of year where their viewership starts to dwindle. Most of them know that a huge percentage of those who no longer follow them will never return. They'll do whatever it takes to insure they lose as few of their audience as they can, and attract new followers as well.

For them, it's time to sacrifice the vestal virgins at the altar, to insure they maintain relevance. Any story, no matter how remotely possible to being true, or even a figment of their own imagination based on reading tea leaves is worth creating a sensational headline, then raving on about the subject.

Look at some of the articles; "The Packers need to snag one of these 5 TEs who are available, to make them a powerhouse!"

Then they will list five TEs who are marginal for someone else, but the writer figures will be a hot shot under LaFleur, with Rodgers at QB. Of course they're blowing smoke, because most of the guys they list are pedestrian at best. Their descriptions are either pure BS, or at least inflated, to fit the narrative. But face it. Packer fans will read the article, if for no other reason than to see if there really is someone out there in their list, who could help them improve in their passing game.

We need to take everything we read with a grain of salt. If all these ideas were good ones, or if even any of them are, the Packers are on it, and chances are, we'd be hearing about it.

I'll start my own "rumor" now. Has anyone heard about how Rodgers has bought a Lamborghini that he intends giving to Julio Jones if he signs with the Packers? Neither have I, but what the heck. Spread the news! My guess is that he'd give Julio a set of great golf clubs. That's a total guess.
Rodgers is pretty generous with Christmas gifts for his O line. So Julio can maybe expect a set of shiny new golf clubs.

But your overall point is well taken. These are the dead news days in the NFL. OTAs and mini-camp are over, players are on vacation (sort of, the best of them keep working after a short vacation). So yeah, anything makes a headline. And I'm sure it's done in every city. It used to be done to sell newspapers. Now it's done to attract eyeballs.

And you can see by the "quality" of conversations here on the forum that we've run out of things to talk about. That won't stop most of us from posting.......

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All we've really got to go by with regard to Rodgers are stats and what we see in games. And based on that, he's the GOAT and still going strong for probably as many years as he wants to play - which as somebody stated, we the fans don't know what's in his heart and mind. I'm betting he stays for way longer than most expect, though - purely an uninformed opinion hahahahaha.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All we've really got to go by with regard to Rodgers are stats and what we see in games. And based on that, he's the GOAT and still going strong for probably as many years as he wants to play - which as somebody stated, we the fans don't know what's in his heart and mind. I'm betting he stays for way longer than most expect, though - purely an uninformed opinion hahahahaha.
I think you're right. He doesn't have a family putting pressure on him to stay home. Based on the last two years, he's playing as well as he ever has in his career. His decisions might be year to year - but I think that gives him an out. I think he'll be here for at least another 2 years, likely longer.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you guys are right. Rodgers will stick around as long as the Packers have a team around him, and he's in good health. I don't see him playing into seasons where he's at high risk for serious injury.

It's up to the Packers now. Put the players they need around him. He's not going to play for a loser.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you guys are right. Rodgers will stick around as long as the Packers have a team around him, and he's in good health. I don't see him playing into seasons where he's at high risk for serious injury.

It's up to the Packers now. Put the players they need around him. He's not going to play for a loser.
I think Gluten et. al. have done a great job of surrounding Rodgers with talent, specifically on D. Yeah the WR group looks shaky, but GB has two excellent RB/WRs in Jones and Dillon. some very promising rookies and a veteran here and there. Rodgers will get the most out of them, and that will be enough.

MLF will need to take some calculated risks this year, he'll have to utilize his creativity. Same for Barry with the D and Bisaccia on STs.

It's gonna be a great year. No qualifiers. Just go out and do it.

Reaction score

First of all, as fans who monitor him closely, we know much more than a casual fan from some other team. I think we’ve gotten to know Aaron pretty well through the years. Much of my analysis of him comes through direct interviews and how #12 has handled many controversial or abrasive situations.

I love having him as our QB, but that doesn’t mean I agree with how he handles his affairs.
That said. I do think Aaron had made some strides in growing up since first starting as our QB, God has a way of testing us and breaking our selfish will in piece by piece fashion. Here a little, there a little. We can run from the one who loves us and named us before the foundation of the world.. but we cannot hide

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Yes TT was pretty good in his early years, and in his later years his health unfortunately failed him.

The Packers losing a lot of talent in the front office contributed to TT struggling later as well.

First of all, as fans who monitor him closely, we know much more than a casual fan from some other team. I think we’ve gotten to know Aaron pretty well through the years. Much of my analysis of him comes through direct interviews and how #12 has handled many controversial or abrasive situations.

You don't get to know a person by listening to press conferences or by reading articles about him. I'm quite sure you have never talked to him in person or to anyone who has spent time with him in the locker room or off the field. Therefore I stand by what I mentioned earlier, fans know diddly-squat about Rodgers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers losing a lot of talent in the front office contributed to TT struggling later as well.

You don't get to know a person by listening to press conferences or by reading articles about him. I'm quite sure you have never talked to him in person or to anyone who has spent time with him in the locker room or off the field. Therefore I stand by what I mentioned earlier, fans know diddly-squat about Rodgers.
One of my Sons knows his Brother Jordan, and JoJo. Based on what I know from them, I doubt very much if any of us has a handle on who Aaron is, inside, or what really makes him tick.

I think this is the best description of Rodgers:

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." Henry David Thoreau

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I do recall the exodus of talent from the FO. Weren't a lot of those guys brought in by Ron Wolf?

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never had a high opinion of Ted Thompson. IMO, he never maximized what the Packers had (like Gutekunst does a pretty good job of). I even had the kinda paranoid thought about Ted for a while that maybe he saw his mission as dragging the Packers down to enough of an extent that the team lost support and got moved elsewhere. Then lucking into the Rodgers draft pick made that impossible. That's far-fetched, and I don't totally believe it myself, but it seemed that way for a while.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never had a high opinion of Ted Thompson. IMO, he never maximized what the Packers had (like Gutekunst does a pretty good job of). I even had the kinda paranoid thought about Ted for a while that maybe he saw his mission as dragging the Packers down to enough of an extent that the team lost support and got moved elsewhere. Then lucking into the Rodgers draft pick made that impossible. That's far-fetched, and I don't totally believe it myself, but it seemed that way for a while.
I would disagree, he basically built 2 different rosters with a few core guys that were super bowl contenders for a lot of years. he wasn't perfect, but suggesting he was trying to bring the Packers down is a little past out there. The guy dedicated the later part of his life to this team, I think that was pretty evident regardless if you agree with how he went about it. If the packers don't choke away the 2014 NFCCG he's probably in the HOF right now as a GM for all his work.

Reaction score
That’s irony at it’s best isn’t it?

We now have to have that as a standard to form an opinion? Cmon. That’s defending a player on a entirely different level. By your self admission you nullified your own position. Unless you hang out with him.

Also your claim means that hardly anyone in here can form an opinion of any players, unless they are personal friends? Or we played football with him? Ok

Which Packers roster players do you know on a personal level? Do you know any staff?

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would disagree, he basically built 2 different rosters with a few core guys that were super bowl contenders for a lot of years. he wasn't perfect, but suggesting he was trying to bring the Packers down is a little past out there. The guy dedicated the later part of his life to this team, I think that was pretty evident regardless if you agree with how he went about it. If the packers don't choke away the 2014 NFCCG he's probably in the HOF right now as a GM for all his work.
Yeah if there was a time when anyone had even a small notion of moving the Packers (and I've never heard of such a thing, which is a little blasphemous) it would have been in the 70s or 80s. I don't believe for a minute that anyone ever considered selling and then moving the Packers from GB. Ever.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I even had the kinda paranoid thought about Ted for a while that maybe he saw his mission as dragging the Packers down to enough of an extent that the team lost support and got moved elsewhere.
Nahh....if that was going to happen, it would have happened in the late 70's and 80's, when the Packers year after year, dragged themselves down. Packer fans are here to stay and it won't matter if the Packers have 10 losing seasons in a row.

I think the only way the Packers ever move out of Green Bay is if the NFL abolishes the salary cap and TV revenue sharing and operate like MLB, where the big market teams sometimes outspend the small market teams by as much as almost 6-1. Even with that, the Packers would stick around for as long as they stayed viable and somewhat competitive, but imagine the teams the big cities could put together if they could pay every player 6 times as much as the Packers could.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thompson was not trying to get the Packers moved, and it never looked like he was. He had a great cadre of people working with him early in GB, but towards the end, when he was ill, they had left for greener pastures. His leadership suffered from it. But to make him sound like he didn't put the Packers and their well being first in his mind doesn't work.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson was not trying to get the Packers moved, and it never looked like he was. He had a great cadre of people working with him early in GB, but towards the end, when he was ill, they had left for greener pastures. His leadership suffered from it. But to make him sound like he didn't put the Packers and their well being first in his mind doesn't work.
Well said. TT was devoted to that team and that city. He had his struggles at the end. RIP.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He won a SB with a lot of backups (depth).

If the Packers were to ever be sold, all of the proceeds go to the Boys and Girls Club, so that will never happen. (club bylaws IIRC).

Members online

Latest posts