Is Rodgers All In?

Reaction score
You know you're getting old when the AARP starts sending you ****. The funeral stuff is a bit much.........

I had a total knee replacement in March and am having another in July. They're supposed to last 20 years. I want my money's worth!
That’s great.
My mom had a hip replacement last year at 82yrs old, then a knee replacement
(6 months ago) She’s getting around pretty good at 83 1/2 yrs. Just letting you know for encouragement, those surgeries can be pretty successful these days.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s great.
My mom had a hip replacement last year at 82yrs old, then a knee replacement
(6 months ago) She’s getting around pretty good at 83 1/2 yrs. Just letting you know for encouragement, those surgeries can be pretty successful these days.
TY!!!!!!!! Geez a hip AND knee replacement at 82! Wow I feel like a lightweight at 67......... Anyway, good for your Mom!

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of ot but my knees suck. But I still play ping pong. Can I run around the table after a knee replacement?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of ot but my knees suck. But I still play ping pong. Can I run around the table after a knee replacement?
Yeah I think that kind of running would be ok, although I don't plan on doing any running at all. In a TKR, the cartilage (meniscus) is replaced with a very durable plastic (polyethylene). But it doesn't absorb shock like natural cartilage or a meniscus.

Does it hurt now? To be sure, get an x-ray and see a knee surgeon. Don't waste time with primary care guys or physician assistants. Go to the source.

patler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember those days. I'd already attended Packer games by 1954. I don't remember who was doing the radio broadcasts at that time, but I do remember when they went on TV and Ray Scott was the announcer. He did the games alone, no side kick. Just his wife, George was there handling stats and things for him as he broadcast.

I think I started listening to their games around 1949 or 1950.
Wow, lots of old codgers in here. I, too, was a fan before Lombardi arrived on the scene. Kind of hard to remember anything too specific about the Packers in the !950s, because there wasn't much worth remembering!

I'm pretty sure it was Russ Winnie on the radio broadcasts, not Ray Scott on TV, who used his wife as spotter/statistician, and referred to her as "George".

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, lots of old codgers in here. I, too, was a fan before Lombardi arrived on the scene. Kind of hard to remember anything too specific about the Packers in the !950s, because there wasn't much worth remembering!

I'm pretty sure it was Russ Winnie on the radio broadcasts, not Ray Scott on TV, who used his wife as spotter/statistician, and referred to her as "George".

You're right. Winnie's wife worked beside him on radio. He referred to her as George. I was real young at that time. Scott worked TV at the start. Liked working alone. When they said they were giving him a side kick, he walked out for a year, then came back.

I think Irwin was my favorite radio announcer of all time, and Scott, by far, the best on TV. They had a feel for what was happening on the field.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could you before ? Before my shoulder op they told me I`d be able to play the violin. That was fantastic as I couldn`t play it before.
I have arthritic knees. I could swim (but I don't like that exercise) and I can play ping pong. I can't run. Ping pong puts stress on them (we play at a pretty good level) and they hurt after and during but have been able to live with it. A constant search for good tennis shoes with cushion.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I have arthritic knees. I could swim (but I don't like that exercise) and I can play ping pong. I can't run. Ping pong puts stress on them (we play at a pretty good level) and they hurt after and during but have been able to live with it. A constant search for good tennis shoes with cushion.
Do you wear knee braces ? to help at all ?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey gopkrs - OT here but have you looked at partial or total knee replacement? I just had my left knee replaced in March and it feels awesome. I'm doing the second knee in July. Check out the process using the Mako robot on YouTube. Really, it's a miracle. Full disclosure - I spent 9 months with a personal trainer ahead of surgery to get my legs and the rest or me in shape. Because of that, the recovery was a breeze. OK everyone, sorry for going OT. Back to our regularly scheduled program........

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I do when I play or when they hurt bad. But just a small one called a Cho-Pat.
Get a current X-ray. It sounds like you've got osteoarthritis in the knee and probably some areas where all cartilage is gone and you're bone on bone. Total knee replacement is the best thing I ever did for my knees.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Yes I do when I play or when they hurt bad. But just a small one called a Cho-Pat.
I did airport security for 30 years and most of us had knee or bad problems because of the passenger search procedures. Like you I`m waiting on two knee replacements and must have spent a small fortune on knee braces over the years. Good luck with your procedures ;)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did airport security for 30 years and most of us had knee or bad problems because of the passenger search procedures. Like you I`m waiting on two knee replacements and must have spent a small fortune on knee braces over the years. Good luck with your procedures ;)
You'll be very happy getting the knees replaced. I strongly recommend doing one knee at a time. Strengthen your leg muscles and core as much as possible ahead of surgery, and after surgery, follow the post-op exercises very, very closely. No two people are alike. I was walking without a walker or cane after three weeks, but had spent a lot of time in the gym ahead of that. It's life changing, it really is.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'll be very happy getting the knees replaced. I strongly recommend doing one knee at a time. Strengthen your leg muscles and core as much as possible ahead of surgery, and after surgery, follow the post-op exercises very, very closely. No two people are alike. I was walking without a walker or cane after three weeks, but had spent a lot of time in the gym ahead of that. It's life changing, it really is.
Well, I can still walk and I am worried that I won't be able to play ping pong after a new knee. Believe it or not I get real tired and sweat a lot (no A/C). I would really hate to give that up.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I can still walk and I am worried that I won't be able to play ping pong after a new knee. Believe it or not I get real tired and sweat a lot (no A/C). I would really hate to give that up.
Talk to a good ortho surgeon and he or she can answer your questions. You might be surprised by all the things you can do after a successful total knee replacement. And if your therapist knows what you want to do, he or she can probably help with specific exercises.

Most important thing - getting your leg muscles, especially the quads, strengthened ahead of the surgery. If you do that, the recovery rehab will likely go much better.

Reaction score
Could you before ? Before my shoulder op they told me I`d be able to play the violin. That was fantastic as I couldn`t play it before.
That’s wonderful. I’m not sure about knee surgery recovery as much, If it’s your Bach that’s bothering you, try playing “Little” Fugue in G Minor to cope

As far as Rodgers, we need him to orchestrate a SB Concerto

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Back to our regularly scheduled program........
followed up immediately by
I'll be there for you Bill!
NO, NO, NO!!!
Our regularly scheduled programs are:
"Love sucks and was a wasted pick" or
" We have no WR's" or
"Rodgers has a bad attitude and doesn't care about the team."
None of this kumbaya stuff.
:roflmao:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, so Rodgers is having his knee replaced and Love will be the starting Qb which has made Cobb decide to retire and spend his time playing ping pong and Bakh's bad knee has forced him into retirement and a new career doing stand-up?