Is our Defense that bad?

OP
OP
Emperor_Xyn

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just adding Mathews to the lineup will do wonders.

Just wait to Mathews gets injured lol. God dam, that would be something. All left is to get Rodgers injured. That'd be the death of the season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But cornerback position is really scary. Tramon Williams is horrible, and it seems i'm the only one that realises this.

Really?

See what happens when you take pre-season as the bible

Collins taking pain in stride - JSOnline

Rip-roaring start: Packers cornerback Tramon Williams is off to a terrific start, and has allowed just two catches for 10 yards through the first four games. In both the Buffalo and Detroit games, Williams didn't allow a single catch.

"He's been our best secondary player the first four weeks," Packers cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt Jr. said of Williams. "I wouldn't have guessed he'd be playing better than 21 (Charles Woodson), but he has.

OP
OP
Emperor_Xyn

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?

See what happens when you take pre-season as the bible

Collins taking pain in stride - JSOnline

Yeah I know, before this season you have to admit Tramon was doing just plain horrible. This year he has been good covering, but I honestly think his ugly side will show. Sometimes he doesn't have the speed to keep up with some of the recievers, and sometimes just bad defending in like the endzone.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, i dont admit that at all, he was excellent last year filling in for harris. you must be confusing him with bush

OP
OP
Emperor_Xyn

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, bush is bad too. Tramon was the guy that I think I almost spent like a year or two wondering if he will do anything good. Besides blowing coverage and bad jumps for the ball.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I know, before this season you have to admit Tramon was doing just plain horrible. This year he has been good covering, but I honestly think his ugly side will show. Sometimes he doesn't have the speed to keep up with some of the recievers, and sometimes just bad defending in like the endzone.
I agree that he wasn't playing well before, but what are you talking about, speed wise?

The guy covered DeSean Jackson, and he had only 4 catches for 30 yards.

And he covered Devin fraking Hester, and kept him to 1 catch for 18 yards.

OP
OP
Emperor_Xyn

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't have him confused. He has been good lately, again most of my bad memories of him was a few years ago. I don't know maybe you never see him cause he shuts down WR's, but lets hope so.

I don't know, I have so many bad memories about Williams... I

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lesson #1. Don't go to a Vikings forum for anything less than some half decent smack talk. I'm not saying everything they say is absolute rubbish, just 95% if it, in particular when they are talkin Pack or banging the Favre drum. On the topic of our D, I'm not so much worried for them, I think they might be the strongest aspect of our team. Injuries are killer, but we're gonna get Harris and Bigs back. I feel much much more confident about our D than special teams or even the RB situation.

OP
OP
Emperor_Xyn

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love arguing with Viking fans though. Nothing better than a heated discussion with a Vikings fan, and reminding them Favre fails.

Members online

Latest posts