Interesting Read from JS Online ...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt Teddy and Mike are as convinced as you are otherwise they wouldn't have offerd up 20 million to stay retired. Y

you know you grow so old so fast..

Andrew Brandt has admitted to going to Mark Murphy in Jan of 08 before the Giants playoff game with the marketing deal for Brett

but yeah it was a bribe

If you want to spout stuff at least get the truth behind **** 1st

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember last year when people were saying the Jets were going to the SB, good times.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the Vikings chances better than Packers as you have to make the playoffs to have a chance. Sorry all the penaltys show that they are an undisciplined team.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% agree
And the sad part is that that's not going to change as long as MM is the coach. did you hear his presser? He said it's just part of the game. That he only gets angry about pre-snap penalties... When you're top 5 in penalties for 3 years in a row, you should be mad at every single penalty that freaking happens!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
11 games inside this year and so far The Vikings still have home-field possibilitys. Sounds like your getting ruffled. All I have heard is about INT's and the second half of the season meltdowns for him. We are not in the second half of the season yet and he has 2 INT's.

Only reason I get ruffled is because your thick head isnt allowing my post to sink in...

I showed you a stat that says he does falter in the last 8 games of the year..No where at all did I say it will happen this year..but instead I said the opposite in the fact he very well could have his best year EVER...

Maybe I should yell it..

he is having a mvp year so far

Bring intelligent discussions and not verbal diarrhea and we can have some awesome debates...But leave the implied hatred of me towards the Viking q/b out of it..

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If given enough time, most any WR will get open and if given enough time the QB will be able to deliver the ball to the open man. Watching the Vikings, Favre has all day to throw the ball, the best running back in the game, fast wide receivers and a dominating O and D line. Favre is looking good b/c he has the time to sit back and let plays develop. Rodgers very seldom has time to stan comfortably in the pocket. The O line is terrible, if not allowing sacks, or qb pressures they are getting stupid penalty's that kill drives. Lets fix the line and not blame a young QB who has handled getting his A-- beat week after week from a bunch of guys that out weigh him by 100 pounds. I think that Rodgers has handled the situation with class, it has to get to him, taking a beating week after week. It just fires me up, we have a GM and coach who are sitting on their A-- and could care a less about fixing the problem. I do not think that the Colts would put up with more than one week of Manning getting the snot beat out of him. I am not saying that Rodgers will put up the records that Manning has, but Rodgers is capable of performing at the same level if given protection. The team MUST fix the O-line problem; if it is too late now (since the trading deadline has passed) then they must do it in the draft. The Browns are looking to get a pass rusher, I am sure they would give up a high pic for Kampman. This team has it all, but the O-line is dragging them down.

OP
OP
Quientus

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
If given enough time, most any WR will get open and if given enough time the QB will be able to deliver the ball to the open man. Watching the Vikings, Favre has all day to throw the ball, the best running back in the game, fast wide receivers and a dominating O and D line. (...)

So true, however, utilizing the "instruments" at hand will help your O-Line too you know ... - Like check-downs and screenplays ... There was a slight improvement of that in the Lions game ...

(...)Favre is looking good b/c he has the time to sit back and let plays develop. (...)

Granted, but, if you look at the times before release ... you'll see that Favre uses less time to get the ball out ...

(...) Rodgers very seldom has time to stan comfortably in the pocket. The O line is terrible, if not allowing sacks, or qb pressures they are getting stupid penalty's that kill drives. Lets fix the line and not blame a young QB who has handled getting his A-- beat week after week from a bunch of guys that out weigh him by 100 pounds. I think that Rodgers has handled the situation with class, it has to get to him, taking a beating week after week. It just fires me up, we have a GM and coach who are sitting on their A-- and could care a less about fixing the problem.(...)

In the Ravens @ Minnesota game ... Flacco was being punished all day ... and was hit several times ... - yet Flacco kept his composure and got the ball out and on target ...

(...) I do not think that the Colts would put up with more than one week of Manning getting the snot beat out of him. I am not saying that Rodgers will put up the records that Manning has, but Rodgers is capable of performing at the same level if given protection. The team MUST fix the O-line problem; if it is too late now (since the trading deadline has passed) then they must do it in the draft. The Browns are looking to get a pass rusher, I am sure they would give up a high pic for Kampman. This team has it all, but the O-line is dragging them down.

I've already posted that I think trading Kampmann would be a mistake ... - And I agree that the Colts or NE or any other team for that matter would just sit "idle by" while that happens ...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flacco was getting hit but does seem to get the ball out quick. To me he looked real poised for 2nd year guy. So maybe Rodgers is not getting the ball out quick enough. How do all these young QB's comeout and excel and the Vikings have been searching for years? just baffles me.

OP
OP
Quientus

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Flacco was getting hit but does seem to get the ball out quick. To me he looked real poised for 2nd year guy. So maybe Rodgers is not getting the ball out quick enough. How do all these young QB's comeout and excel and the Vikings have been searching for years? just baffles me.

I believe that alot also has to do with how the team is setup and the system ...

Ex.: New England when Brady got hurt ... - Matt Cassel was looking like the "2nd coming", however know that he is in Kansas City, that plays very differently with less talented players (overall), Cassel has to do much more ... and he is looking quite "average" atm in my opponion ...

If we take the Packers ... a team that doesn't have a "real threat" at running back position ... and also being a "Passing team" ... most plays will be designed to pass ... thus giving the quarterback more opportunities ...

Again, I'm NOT saying that Rodgers isn't talented, because he is ... But still needs to "prove" himself in terms of being a "star" ... (and Rodgers could very well be a top5 quarterback in the years to come, but right now he isn't ...)

The Vikings (pre #4) was a running team, and still are a running team, however, when (most of the) plays are designed for the run ... there won't be alot of passing ...

The Colts (ever since I can remember under Manning) have been an almost purely passing team ... Same goes for New England ...

Also, you have to take into account how the game has changed to be more "passing" friendly, in terms of penalties, and what is allowed ... As I see it ... it is becoming increasingly difficult to defend "properly" against passing ... and personally I think that is a shame ...

Granted, it's never good to see people get injured, however ... Football was meant to be a "rough" contact sport ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that:

1) Favre is playing EXTREMELY well.

2) It's not easy to play QB of the Vikings. That's not why he's playing well. Ask TJax and Sage Chopra.

3) If he was in another situation, probabilities are that he wound't be doing so well. Had he not AP, a good OL and good receivers (good, not great, good), and a D that kept the opposing offenses on the field and forced him to have to come from behind, he would be struggling a lot more. Specially Peterson, he's the one that allowed him to be this good so far.

Members online

Latest posts