1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Dec 11, 2004
    Packers were third in the league with 23 interceptions.

Four of them were returned for TD's
  2. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Aug 12, 2006
    Didn't realize that. Very cool.

What would make it better is if our Safeties stepped up and picked some off as well. Collins had 3 (acceptable) and Manuel had one (not acceptable).

Let's give credit where it's due:
    Harris had 3. In his defense, he did such a good job at shutting down his WR that opposing QBs rarely threw in his direction.
    Woodson had 8. Dendy had 3, which is pretty impressive for only playing 12 games, at which he played limited duty.

Our linebackers - Hawk and Barnett each had 2 and Poppinga picked off one.

Collins, Manuel, Woodson, and Dendy each had one INT returned for a TD.
  3. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Jun 4, 2005
    I like our corners a lot. At their age however, you have to hope that this isn't the year they show their age. Hence, we need to find some young guys that can back up and play well and we still need another safety. When you have those shut down corners like we have, and if we can put on a decent four man rush, this defense could be really tough next year
  4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Aug 15, 2005
    interceptions (and takeaways) was something that we didn't have in 2006, and I thought that would be the next step for the defense, but the D didn't really come around till the last 5 games due to new D.C, H.C. etc. Hopefully they start 2007 like they ended 2006, and with the same HC\DC I don't see why not (unless key guys skip OTAs again and start ridiculously bad again).
  5. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Nov 27, 2005
    there where a few games our d-line did a good job for us seahawks game for one that could have been a win but then the mistakes showed from and i think they will step it up more this year blackmon will be back and i think harris will be like rice just on d-line for us woodson too if he can keep his shoulders healthy
  6. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Aug 27, 2006
    Gotta be good we started out so poorly in the secondary and are able to pull this off. We are making huge strides. Watch out for Green Bay in 07. Especially the D!!!