Interceptions

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers were third in the league with 23 interceptions.

Four of them were returned for TD's

Didn't realize that. Very cool.

What would make it better is if our Safeties stepped up and picked some off as well. Collins had 3 (acceptable) and Manuel had one (not acceptable).

Let's give credit where it's due:
Harris had 3. In his defense, he did such a good job at shutting down his WR that opposing QBs rarely threw in his direction.
Woodson had 8. Dendy had 3, which is pretty impressive for only playing 12 games, at which he played limited duty.

Our linebackers - Hawk and Barnett each had 2 and Poppinga picked off one.

Collins, Manuel, Woodson, and Dendy each had one INT returned for a TD.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our corners a lot. At their age however, you have to hope that this isn't the year they show their age. Hence, we need to find some young guys that can back up and play well and we still need another safety. When you have those shut down corners like we have, and if we can put on a decent four man rush, this defense could be really tough next year

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
interceptions (and takeaways) was something that we didn't have in 2006, and I thought that would be the next step for the defense, but the D didn't really come around till the last 5 games due to new D.C, H.C. etc. Hopefully they start 2007 like they ended 2006, and with the same HC\DC I don't see why not (unless key guys skip OTAs again and start ridiculously bad again).

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there where a few games our d-line did a good job for us seahawks game for one that could have been a win but then the mistakes showed from and i think they will step it up more this year blackmon will be back and i think harris will be like rice just on d-line for us woodson too if he can keep his shoulders healthy

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta be good we started out so poorly in the secondary and are able to pull this off. We are making huge strides. Watch out for Green Bay in 07. Especially the D!!!