Ink Corey Please...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Yet again, Corey Williams played a huge role in the front seven play yesterday and to that point I think we are making an error not locking this kid up earlier in the year.

He has proved his value and has played his tail off.. keep him in the Green and Gold please.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just never know what a player will decide to do as far as free agengy goes. That being said, Ted has done a good job of signing players that need to be signed.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I constantly hear, from the national media, how brilliant Thompson was in hiring McCarthy, but they never mention how productive the drafts have been the past couple of years. The strategy of accumulating multiple picks per round in some cases is turning out to be a great one.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always liked the kid he has played very well this season, but he doesn't get the recognition very much. Resigning him would be a good idea.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always liked the kid he has played very well this season, but he doesn't get the recognition very mcuh. Resigning him would be a good idea.
it happens alot when you aren't the big point go getter.
none the less, there are 11 men on that field, and he seems to be a pretty big piece of the proverbial puzzle!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams is a "must sign" for the Packers. Even the king, Ron Wolf, would say you have to keep your own best players because you know what they can do. Free agents can be busts. Ask Mike Sherman what it feels like to sign Joe Johnson. We know what we have in Williams and we know his worth too. So does Ted.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I say keep Williams above all others. If we have to, release Cole, Muir, or Bolston, although I like his size. Williams have been healthy pretty much all season and almost always plays well. Along with Harrell, Pickett, Jenkings, and another backup or two, we shall be fine! =)

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:
Williams was drafted by Sherman

Really? What's your point? I don't think he was talking about Williams being drafted by TT.
Correct, I was merely pointing out that there are a lot of non-flashy ways to build a team. Resigning Kampy was another huge move. Signing your own productive players is as important as signing FAs from other teams. It just doesn't get the publicity usually.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:

Really? What's your point? I don't think he was talking about Williams being drafted by TT.

Actually, I'm glad KGB said that because I was under the impression TT drafted Williams. Just giving credit where it's due.

Now, I really hope TT signs Williams. He gets sacks up the middle, which is REALLY hard to do. He's had 7 sacks two years in a row.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's gone 5 straight games without a sack twice just this year. I like him, but he's way too inconsistent.

A healthy Harrell can probably match whatever Williams could hope to do.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wils0646 said:
KGB94SACKEM said:

Actually, I'm glad KGB said that because I was under the impression TT drafted Williams. Just giving credit where it's due.

Now, I really hope TT signs Williams. He gets sacks up the middle, which is REALLY hard to do. He's had 7 sacks two years in a row.

I'm not so sure this decision is going to be up to TT and Andrew Brandt. I'm sure Williams' agent is going to negotiate until free agency begins, where some team will give him a boatload. Corey is a good player, but is anyone willing to give him top 10 DT money by franchising him. We have plenty of depth with the emergence of Jolly, Harrell, and even Muir. This is a tough call, but I'll be surprised if he is in GB next year.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet again, Corey Williams played a huge role in the front seven play yesterday and to that point I think we are making an error not locking this kid up earlier in the year.

He has proved his value and has played his tail off.. keep him in the Green and Gold please.

Personally I think Ryan Pickett is the guy in the middle that deserves most of the attention. I agree Corey has been outstanding and deserves to stay but look it the Packers with a healthy Pickett in the lineup compared to without. To me the pair of them have been rock solid. Plus Justin Harrell has made steady progress.

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as any of us would love our Pack to resign CW, there is much more at stake. I'm sure that Thompson and Brandt will consider the longer term effects of such a deal and arrive at a bottom-line price that they will pay to continue to be prudent with cap money, especially when/if the other signed players contract's mature. If that number doesn't meet Williams demands (and it probably won't as he will almost undoubtedly get more money elsewhere) he will walk.

If he does, that need will be addressed in the draft as it already was this year with the selection of the big body, Harrell. If Thompson continues to have the type of success he has had since he's been here and a little luck prevails, we may not have seen our last NFC championship game in his era.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams will likely be picked up by the Dolphins if they dont like the look of Dorsey and his knees.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Corey Williams has indicated he would be willing to stay in Green Bay even though he would lose out on some money. If Ted Thompson can sign him to a reasonable contract, there is no doubt.

However it isn't all that difficult to find a decent three-technique to fill in, Williams is very good though.

Members online

Latest posts