Injuries

Reaction score
Nothing new there. The Packers NEVER talk about injury situations unless they know for certain the player is done for the year. Nor should they talk about it in detail.
That’s not true about speaking to injuries except about the medical details part which likely varies on the degree the player agrees to share (which likely has to Privacy laws).

Media members that have built a relationship of trust get injury nuggets often. The notion that either party does not discusses injuries until they are definitely season ending is absolutely false. I’m not sure why you’d pick that part out you’ve witnessed it yourself.

Didn’t he play again in December 2017?
btw I actually had texted pictures of his X-rays on my phone. For a sec I thought I spotted an unnoticed tumor and I sent an email of it to the FO, but then realized it was some calcified coffee creamer that I spilled that got somehow got underneath my phone case :coffee:
Ps it was vanilla flavored and surprisingly still delicious.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Myers appears to be heading towards and Newman having some growing pains, I wouldn't be shocked if we see a Guard cast off signing happen. Injuries are just decimating us, praying King is back and Preston's isn't as bad as they all thought.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Myers appears to be heading towards and Newman having some growing pains, I wouldn't be shocked if we see a Guard cast off signing happen. Injuries are just decimating us, praying King is back and Preston's isn't as bad as they all thought.
Sucks about Myers. Too bad we couldn't afford Linsley to come back. That's the life of the NFL though. I would guess that Patrick will go to center and then Jenkins would go back to guard when Bahk is back. Not sure when that happens though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sucks about Myers. Too bad we couldn't afford Linsley to come back. That's the life of the NFL though. I would guess that Patrick will go to center and then Jenkins would go back to guard when Bahk is back. Not sure when that happens though.
If corey was back wouldnt have drafted myers.

Corey also had injury issues

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patrick more than held his own Sunday in Chicago. If something happens to him then we're in trouble.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patrick more than held his own Sunday in Chicago. If something happens to him then we're in trouble.

I know Hanson has been active on gamedays, and I was a fan of his promise coming out of Oregon - but I do not want to see him out there for sure.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any news on Preston?

Oblique muscles can be a hell on a player for a long time. MLF said they were going to be careful with him - which honestly makes sense, you cannot risk forcing him back too soon and then he, Z and Rivers all are down for end of the season or playoffs.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Head Coach Matt LaFleur briefed the media Monday on a number of the Packers' injured players.

Here's the latest on …

David Bakhtiari: The five-time All-Pro left tackle is eligible to come off the physically unable to perform list (PUP) and begin practicing this week, which would open a three-week window during which Bakhtiari could practice without taking up a 53-man roster spot.

LaFleur said he "would anticipate" Bakhtiari practicing this week, but there would be a "ramp-up period" for Bakhtiari to gain confidence in his reconstructed knee before the coaching staff would look at inserting him into game action.

"When you're coming off a pretty significant injury, you don't want to just throw somebody out there," LaFleur said.

Preston Smith: The veteran edge rusher has never missed a game in his seven-year career but is in danger of doing so after leaving Sunday's game in Chicago with an oblique injury.

LaFleur didn't rule him out for this week's game vs. his old team, Washington, but he sounded a cautious tone on not wanting Smith's injury to get worse and become a long-term issue.

LaFleur on David Bakhtiari: 'I would anticipate David being out there for practice'
"We'll just see how he's feeling this week," LaFleur said. "I know he's definitely motivated to want to play."

Josh Myers: The rookie center left the Bears game in the first quarter with a knee injury and is expected to miss multiple games.

Kevin King: The cornerback's shoulder injury, which kept him out against Chicago, may not require a three-game minimum stint on injured reserve, and LaFleur considers his status day-to-day.

"It's something that's getting better every day," he said.

Jaire Alexander: Season-ending surgery on the second-team All-Pro corner's injured shoulder still has not been ruled out, but the medical scans to this point show Alexander's recovery "progressing nicely."

Marquez Valdes-Scantling: The speedy receiver's hamstring injury has kept him out three games, and he's eligible to return from IR this week, but LaFleur did not know if he would be back at practice.

Among other injured players, there was no mention Monday of outside linebacker Za'Darius Smith (on IR, back) or safety Darnell Savage (left Sunday with concussion).

Tight end Dominique Dafney, who is on IR with a hip injury, returned to practice last week but has not yet been reinstated to the active roster.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Head Coach Matt LaFleur briefed the media Monday on a number of the Packers' injured players.

Here's the latest on …

David Bakhtiari: The five-time All-Pro left tackle is eligible to come off the physically unable to perform list (PUP) and begin practicing this week, which would open a three-week window during which Bakhtiari could practice without taking up a 53-man roster spot.

LaFleur said he "would anticipate" Bakhtiari practicing this week, but there would be a "ramp-up period" for Bakhtiari to gain confidence in his reconstructed knee before the coaching staff would look at inserting him into game action.

"When you're coming off a pretty significant injury, you don't want to just throw somebody out there," LaFleur said.

Preston Smith: The veteran edge rusher has never missed a game in his seven-year career but is in danger of doing so after leaving Sunday's game in Chicago with an oblique injury.

LaFleur didn't rule him out for this week's game vs. his old team, Washington, but he sounded a cautious tone on not wanting Smith's injury to get worse and become a long-term issue.

LaFleur on David Bakhtiari: 'I would anticipate David being out there for practice'
"We'll just see how he's feeling this week," LaFleur said. "I know he's definitely motivated to want to play."

Josh Myers: The rookie center left the Bears game in the first quarter with a knee injury and is expected to miss multiple games.

Kevin King: The cornerback's shoulder injury, which kept him out against Chicago, may not require a three-game minimum stint on injured reserve, and LaFleur considers his status day-to-day.

Jaire Alexander: Season-ending surgery on the second-team All-Pro corner's injured shoulder still has not been ruled out, but the medical scans to this point show Alexander's recovery "progressing nicely."

Marquez Valdes-Scantling: The speedy receiver's hamstring injury has kept him out three games, and he's eligible to return from IR this week, but LaFleur did not know if he would be back at practice.

Among other injured players, there was no mention Monday of outside linebacker Za'Darius Smith (on IR, back) or safety Darnell Savage (left Sunday with concussion).

Tight end Dominique Dafney, who is on IR with a hip injury, returned to practice last week but has not yet been reinstated to the active roster.
That's a pretty good breakdown. Thanks for that.

What is with all the capitalization though? ;)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Here's the latest on …

If you're going to copy and paste an article cite it - unfair to the writer.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
For future reference, we do not allow copy and paste articles. Brush up on the rules here:

specifically this part:
Posting Articles:
There has been a number of occasions where a user wants to post an article from another site. We are completely IN FAVOR of posting articles from another since that creates a good discussion on this site. However, there are some guidelines that need to be followed.

The most basic concept when posting articles from another site is to NOT copy the entire article and post it on this site. Ideally, you would ONLY be copying the first couple of paragraphs with a link back to the original article. Link should be clearly visible. Also, you should wrap those couple of paragraphs in a quote tag.

The one thing that NEVER should be done is copying articles from PAY sites. We do not allow this at all and could get us in trouble if we post content from paid sites.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For future reference, we do not allow copy and paste articles. Brush up on the rules here:

specifically this part:
duly noted. at least it came from the packers free website (didn't come from a pay site). but i will keep this in mind. i wondered why nobody ever posts articles here.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
duly noted. at least it came from the packers free website (didn't come from a pay site). but i will keep this in mind. i wondered why nobody ever posts articles here.

Many posters avoid actual statements or facts LOL Makes their "hot takes" more special LOL

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kevin King back at practice surprisingly

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a King hater, but we can't rely on him to finish a half of football let alone a complete game anymore. The money is spent, he does provide value to this defense when he's on the field. He's just hardly ever on it. If he's there great, but i'm approaching the rest of this season as if he's not.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King is very difficult to give an analysis on. The complexity is there to make one's head burn in frustration trying to understand. If someone can translate King's context on what goes on in that head when execution is set in motion, I would appreciate it.

Reaction score
If corey was back wouldnt have drafted myers.

Corey also had injury issues
Corey didn’t miss 1 game his Rookie season though. I was also surprised when looking at his stats, if you count his start this week 7, Corey has played exactly 90% of all available games since 2014. That’s like missing an average of 1.5 games per season in his career, which is actually pretty reliable for an OL player. Hopefully I do not jinx him.

Maybe this is just a glitch, but Meyers injury status is starting off shaky. The only good thing is that our 2010 season was riddled with injuries. I think at one time we had 13 starters on the injury list. However we also made a few signings and started getting healthy when it counted. We all know the rest of the story.

As far as 2021, With a little injury fortune this season, we might have just forced ourselves into making some Defensive moves that will proved formidable, particularly if Gods grace allows for Z to return. Imagine for a second…. having on the field..
Zadarius, Kenny, Mercilus, Gary, Preston, Campbell, Jaylon, Stokes, Jaire. Amos and Savage simultaneously. We haven’t been this talent loaded in over a decade

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Imagine for a second…. having on the field..
Zadarius, Kenny, Mercilus, Gary, Preston, Campbell, Jaylon, Stokes, Jaire. Amos and Savage simultaneously. We haven’t been this talent loaded in over a decade
All the while playing bend don't break defense without a way to stop the opposition once they get to the red zone.

Members online

Latest posts