Injuries

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Corey didn’t miss 1 game his Rookie season though. I was also surprised when looking at his stats, if you count his start this week 7, Corey has played exactly 90% of all available games since 2014. That’s like missing an average of 1.5 games per season in his career, which is actually pretty reliable for an OL player. Hopefully I do not jinx him.

Maybe this is just a glitch, but Meyers injury status is starting off shaky. The only good thing is that our 2010 season was riddled with injuries. I think at one time we had 13 starters on the injury list. However we also made a few signings and started getting healthy when it counted. We all know the rest of the story.

As far as 2021, With a little injury fortune this season, we might have just forced ourselves into making some Defensive moves that will proved formidable, particularly if Gods grace allows for Z to return. Imagine for a second…. having on the field..
Zadarius, Kenny, Mercilus, Gary, Preston, Campbell, Jaylon, Stokes, Jaire. Amos and Savage simultaneously. We haven’t been this talent loaded in over a decade

I'd put Barnes in there instead of Jaylon with that package of players personally.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the while playing bend don't break defense without a way to stop the opposition once they get to the red zone.

We are fifth in the league in yards allowed...red zone needs to get better in a big way, but this injury riddled group has been over achieving in many ways despite.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe this is just a glitch, but Meyers injury status is starting off shaky. The only good thing is that our 2010 season was riddled with injuries. I think at one time we had 13 starters on the injury list. However we also made a few signings and started getting healthy when it counted. We all know the rest of the story.

Remember that in 2010 teams weren't allowed to bring back players from injured reserve.

It was amazing that team was able to overcome that many injuries.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was good to see Krys Barnes back out there against Washington.

I have heard that there is a decent chance that MVS will be back for Arizona. King could also be back. Bahktiari is doubtful. The one that I haven't heard about is Jaire. I assume that no news or mentions means that he isn't even contemplating playing against the Cardinals. Has anyone else heard anything? I believe that he is eligible this week but not certain.

D

Deleted member 6794

I have heard that there is a decent chance that MVS will be back for Arizona. King could also be back. Bahktiari is doubtful. The one that I haven't heard about is Jaire. I assume that no news or mentions means that he isn't even contemplating playing against the Cardinals. Has anyone else heard anything? I believe that he is eligible this week but not certain.

You're right that Alexander would be allowed to come off injured reserve this week. But with both MVS and him not having been activated by now I highly doubt either one of them will play tomorrow.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
All told, it looks like a complete mess for Thursday night. Challenging for the entire coaching staff.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team is a complete mess right now. They should view it as an opportunity to experiment and try things they would never do if they didn't have half the team out. Why not give Love some serious playing time. They need to see him in real game situations. Playing in Pre sesson against guys that are on practice squads or out of the NFL doesn't count for much.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team is a complete mess right now. They should view it as an opportunity to experiment and try things they would never do if they didn't have half the team out. Why not give Love some serious playing time. They need to see him in real game situations. Playing in Pre sesson against guys that are on practice squads or out of the NFL doesn't count for much.

Because you are 6-1 playing for sole possession of #1 placing at the moment should you win. It is the NFL, we have arguably the GOAT in skill at QB, MLF playcalling cannot misstep and we will need some big step ups and balls falling our way - but any given Sunday.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because you are 6-1 playing for sole possession of #1 placing at the moment should you win. It is the NFL, we have arguably the GOAT in skill at QB, MLF playcalling cannot misstep and we will need some big step ups and balls falling our way - but any given Sunday.
It's a matter of getting something of value out of the game. Without 7 to 8 starters and 4 all pro's, the chances of getting lucky are slim with a conventional game plan. I don't want the Packers to give up, but If they go unconventional, they may still get lucky and learn things that can help them down the road. The worst outcome is to go to Arizona, play hard with a makeshift team, lose the game and suffer more injuries to the few remaining stars who aren't hurt. I see this game having the potential to turn into a disaster with Jones and AR getting hurt. With 7 or 8 starters out, that is a real possibility.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a matter of getting something of value out of the game. Without 7 to 8 starters and 4 all pro's, the chances of getting lucky are slim with a conventional game plan. I don't want the Packers to give up, but If they go unconventional, they may still get lucky and learn things that can help them down the road. The worst outcome is to go to Arizona, play hard with a makeshift team, lose the game and suffer more injuries to the few remaining stars who aren't hurt. I see this game having the potential to turn into a disaster with Jones and AR getting hurt. With 7 or 8 starters out, that is a real possibility.

Starting Love is giving up. Sending a massive message to the rest of the roster that are suiting up you've conceded. The absolute WORST thing to allow in your locker room.

Could Love end up playing due to no chance it appears at a point - sure. But I'm walking into this battle to win.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Starting Love is giving up. Sending a massive message to the rest of the roster that are suiting up you've conceded. The absolute WORST thing to allow in your locker room.
I agree, but I think if the score does get really lopsided, you put up the white flag, not risk further injuries to starters and then you get your backups in for some experience.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
100% - team/players understand it at that point.
I would add fans/media too.

Its one thing when you have a Playoff spot secured, you can't improve your seating and you rest starters. However, this situation is completely different. Are the Packers behind the 8 ball with the injuries and covid casualties? Sure, but this is the kind of situation that really puts their feet to the fire and you either step up or you don't. Guys like ESB and Taylor are salivating to finally get a chance to prove themselves. Personally, I think the Packers could go down there and surprise a few people. Arizona is really good, but on any given...Thursday Night.....you never know.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would add fans/media too.

Its one thing when you have a Playoff spot secured, you can't improve your seating and you rest starters. However, this situation is completely different. Are the Packers behind the 8 ball with the injuries and covid casualties? Sure, but this is the kind of situation that really puts their feet to the fire and you either step up or you don't. Guys like ESB and Taylor are salivating to finally get a chance to prove themselves. Personally, I think the Packers could go down there and surprise a few people. Arizona is really good, but on any given...Thursday Night.....you never know.

We still have our RBs, TEs and Cobb (possibly MVS) that all have Rodger's "comfortability" plus as you said some VERY motivated guys with a shot EQ, Taylor and even possibly see Kylin some more.

I've never felt more unknown than this game this year yet. If you told me now that you came back from the future and the Cardinals won 42-17 I'd believe you...if you said GB won 31-28 I'd believe you. The only thing I don't see happening is us (GB) demolishing them.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I've never felt more unknown than this game this year yet. If you told me now that you came back from the future and the Cardinals won 42-17 I'd believe you...if you said GB won 31-28 I'd believe you. The only thing I don't see happening is us (GB) demolishing them.
I am always thinking of the 2010 Playoff game against the #1 seed Falcons in situations like this one. Nobody gave the Packers a chance in hell to go down there and beat them. Not only did they beat them, but they demolished them on the way to winning every playoff game on the road and of course their last Super Bowl.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is a real mystery. Don't count us out for one reason - a prolific passer. It could end up being a real stinker but if that happens it is a matter of total team performance and the hand we have been dealt. Try and control the ball is one idea. The other is 12 puts on a performance for the ages. If there was ever a time for Aaron Rodgers to show the NFL who truly is elite, it is right before us. Go Pack!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I hope I don't jinx things, but this is a good test of Rodgers and the offense. They have already proven before that they can function pretty well without Davante and you never know when you may face this situation again and potentially in a much more important game.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I haven’t seen anything specific and I’m guessing no one rise has either. Last I heard from over a week ago is he was “progressing nicely” and they were scanning the injury to stay on top of options.
They announced him on IR October 9th and recently said they were proceeding with caution. That tells me they’ll likely hold him out until deadline with I believe is in about 2 weeks.