Injuries

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not always the most reliable source, but they say that it's likely MVS will play tomorrow night:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If ARod gets pressured all night; it will be a long one. So I hope we put in the best plan for giving him some time and be ready (and willing) to change personnel and/or give help if needed. If we do good offensively; then we'll be in the game.

Reaction score

Looks like JJ is out for the season. Hope he can regain his form next year. Never want to see them go out like that.

MVS playing is substantial. If Rodgers can hit him on a few longer passes it’ll spread the Cardinals D out some.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVS out again this week. I think he's missing the fifth week in a row. That must have been quite a tear in the hamstring or he keeps reinjuring it trying to come back. All that missed time should make it much cheaper to resign him if Gute wants to sign him to a second contract.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Lazard, MVS and Bakh all practiced yesterday. We will have all of our receivers back for the Chiefs game. I'm guessing they sit Bakh one more week because they don't need him vs the Chiefs defense. Looks like Keke is in concusion protocol. He's played really solidly lately. He would be a loss. We all know Tonyan and Hill are done. Interested to see Wednesday's injury report.

D

Deleted member 6794

Lazard, MVS and Bakh all practiced yesterday. We will have all of our receivers back for the Chiefs game. I'm guessing they sit Bakh one more week because they don't need him vs the Chiefs defense. Looks like Keke is in concusion protocol. He's played really solidly lately. He would be a loss. We all know Tonyan and Hill are done. Interested to see Wednesday's injury report.

Once Bakhtiari is ready to go the Packers should play him. While the Chiefs defense has struggled I definitely feel more confident with him protecting Rodgers' blindside.

Krabs

Reaction score
Once Bakhtiari is ready to go the Packers should play him. While the Chiefs defense has struggled I definitely feel more confident with him protecting Rodgers' blindside.
I totally agree. I'm just guessing what the FO and coaching staff is thinking. Protect him for one more game. I'm in favor of playing players when they are ready.

D

Deleted member 6794

I totally agree. I'm just guessing what the FO and coaching staff is thinking. Protect him for one more game. I'm in favor of playing players when they are ready.

My point being there's no reason to protect Bakhtiari if he's ready to play as him playing improves the Packers chances to beat the Chiefs.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OC Myers had knee surgery earlier this week. There's "a chance" that he can come back this season, yet. 1/09/22 at Detroit is the last regular season game and is 10 weeks away, so wasn't an ACL/reconstruction surgery, but also was more severe than an arthroscopic clean-out. Would be nice to have him back & ready to play in the playoffs, even if he isn't needed would be available in-case of other interior OL injuries. Rehab well, Josh!

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
OC Myers had knee surgery earlier this week. There's "a chance" that he can come back this season, yet. 1/09/22 at Detroit is the last regular season game and is 10 weeks away, so wasn't an ACL/reconstruction surgery, but also was more severe than an arthroscopic clean-out. Would be nice to have him back & ready to play in the playoffs, even if he isn't needed would be available in-case of other interior OL injuries. Rehab well, Josh!
Very unfortunate. Myers was on a really good track.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I guess the optimistic view is that we know that we have a future center and we still have two capable backups at center. That's fantastic depth in today's NFL.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I guess the optimistic view is that we know that we have a future center and we still have two capable backups at center. That's fantastic depth in today's NFL.
and a couple of emergency Long Snappers sitting on a message board ready to be called up.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the options are season-ending surgery or let it heal naturally & possibly ready for playoffs... I'd roll the dice, too, if I were MLF.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Updates from LeFleur on Jaire and Zadarius. He didn't provide definite timelines, but if anything, told us that Jaire isn't close to coming back yet.

Thanks
This is just my anti-hypothesis (highly uneducated guess)

But I think Z. Smith comes back after the bye week.

I think they protect J’aire and try to get him healed up for playoff game #1 (unless somehow we were at risk to get bumped from postseason which is unlikely)

They’ve got Rasul playing somewhat decent and our LB core is on fire. As long as we stay in that 20 points average area we don’t need to put these guys at increased risk.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Jaire, has just as much input or more than the team, he has a lot to gain or lose this off season

Alexander is under contract for next season. I don't think he's interested in playing before being fully healthy.

Krabs

Reaction score
the last time we were in a similar situation, we let jc tretter walk away in free agency.
The Packers knew they couldn’t afford two starting centers. It’s a subtle dance with the salary cap & center is a low priority position when all things are considered.

D

Deleted member 6794

i understand that. i was just recalling the past and wondering about the future.

The Packers don't need to worry about it at center at the moment with Myers still having three years left under his rookie contract after this season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time it was a problem because you had 2 starters, one who was athletic enough to play pretty decently at tackle too. 2 Very valuable guys. Now we have capable, but not guys you're going to sign to bigger contracts to be your starters. I don't see anybody fighting to pay these guys more either, other than Myers and he's here for a bit before we need to worry about that.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure Jones is out for the year. Need to scour another back - Ervin? Gary looked very bad. Z'Darius status key there. Mercillus went down too.

Members online

Latest posts