Injuries

Reaction score
EQ has had concussions issues before yes.

Personally if EQ is out, I'd be more apt to resign and activate Begelton for ST play than elevate Winfree (and I love Winfree for sure).
That’s a brilliant thought. Love that Begelton kid. Really good idea

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patrick was listed as questionable with a concussion but was active against the Lions in week 2. It's possible that he lost his starting job to Runyan based on performance or he wasn't fully healthy. I honestly don't know.
Or the fact that he couldn't practice the full week gave Runyan the edge. I would count that as an injury replacement which makes your statement correct and me wrong.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
From behind a paywall:
The practice was conducted in pads and left tackle David Bakhtiari, who made his return to practice Wednesday, was in pads going through all the individual drills. Cornerback Jaire Alexander also took part in individual drills.

Two notable additions to the rehab group was center Josh Myers (knee) and receiver Randall Cobb (core muscle). Both did some jogging on the side with the training staff.
St. Brown also did some running but is still in the concussion protocol.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If injured players are going to be effective after a long absense, they'll need a few games to get the rust off. That's why the Browns game will be so pivotal. If Bahktiari, Alexander, Z'darius and perhaps even Myers aren't back within the next two games, then they probably won't be ready to play in the playoffs. After a whole year out, I wouldn't want Bahktiari's first game back to be a playoff game. He's going to need a couple of games to get in full game shape. I think that's especially important for linemen.

Reaction score
If injured players are going to be effective after a long absense, they'll need a few games to get the rust off. That's why the Browns game will be so pivotal. If Bahktiari, Alexander, Z'darius and perhaps even Myers aren't back within the next two games, then they probably won't be ready to play in the playoffs. After a whole year out, I wouldn't want Bahktiari's first game back to be a playoff game. He's going to need a couple of games to get in full game shape. I think that's especially important for linemen.
I think your thinking is correct. The only thing I’d nitpick on is the length of time for them to shake the rust is proportionate to their overall experience. I know this is obviously my perspective, but when Bakhtiari plays week 1 of a season (he generally does not see a bulk of snaps in preseason) he’s pretty much good to go. He might need a game or 2 to get ramped up after this injury, but his time needed to be reacquainted is less than someone like say… Josh Meyers.

This is merely a Wild guess, but our Vikings game holds the most weight because it’s our toughest opponent remaining and it’s inter-division. I actually see them as a threat and beating them could end up eliminating MN altogether.
That would be huge because they had our #.
I suspect 1 of the 2 of either Bakhtiari or Alexander is brought back next week for MN.
Not sure on Z?
60% he’s back during playoffs
40% he’s brought in before playoffs
20% chance he’s done altogether

Last edited:

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think your thinking is correct. The only thing I’d nitpick on is the length of time for them to shake the rust is proportionate to their overall experience. I know this is obviously my perspective, but when Bakhtiari plays week 1 of a season (he generally does not see a bulk of snaps in preseason) he’s pretty much good to go. He might need a game or 2 to get ramped up, but his time needed is less than someone like say… Josh Meyers.

Luckily our injured players are all established veterans with a high propensity to snap back quick.

This is merely a Wild guess, but our Vikings game holds the most weight because it’s our toughest opponent remaining and it’s inter-division. I suspect 1 of the 2 of either Bakhtiari or Alexander is brought back next week. I believe 1 more follows your concept of getting some “live snaps” against Detroit in 2.5 weeks.

Not sure on Z?
60% he’s back during playoffs
40% he’s brought in before playoffs 20% chance he’s done altogether

Missing both starting tackles will be a test against Myles Garrett, but the Pack somehow seem to be just fine with what they've got.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miles Garrett aggrevated a pulled groin last night and will be playing at far less than 100%. I would think that it would take at least 2 games to shake the rust off and get into reasonable playing shape especially for the big guys like Bahktiari and Z'darius. If they and Meyers aren't back by the Minnesota game, write them off. You don't want them working off their rust in a playoff game. Bahktiari has been a huge disappointment. He's had a whole year to work his way back, and he's still not playing. Somebody screwed up big time in his so called recovery.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yahoo sports, for what its worth, is reporting that Bahktiari's "recovery" is so pathetic that he wouldn't have been able to practice at all today had the team not taken the day off. Perhsps its nothing, but at this point, I'm inclined to think the worst and he may be looking at a career ending knee injury. He's had a whole year and it seems he's not getting better.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Bakh is done for the year, I'm fine with Yosh at LT going into the playoffs. My bigger concern is at RT. If Turner doesn't come back and Kelly has to go, then we might see another Wagner-esque performance that costs the team another playoff game.

D

Deleted member 6794

I know this is obviously my perspective, but when Bakhtiari plays week 1 of a season (he generally does not see a bulk of snaps in preseason) he’s pretty much good to go.

I'm not convinced about that. The entire team wasn't ready in week 1 this season ;)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point i'm not counting on BakhT coming back or being very effective if he happens to. Doesn't sound like things have gone well with the surgery at all. If he can't get thru a practice, he'll never make it thru a game and we just run the risk of being right back where we started with him all next year.

If we could get Myers or Turner back that would help a lot, but i'm not holding out much hope for them either. But that right side really scares me when the playoffs get here. Maybe it will be a blessing in a way. They'll know they can't hack it and won't expect them to and keep calling the get the ball out quick game.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Short passes are great but a team still needs to respect deeper pass plays out of a 5 step drop. Otherwise, teams bring their safeties up and take away the shorter passing routes and stuff the run. There is no avoiding that the o line has to perform at a high level or you go home.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He does get the ball deep when we do that too. The difference is we dont' come out looking to take deep drops and go 30yards down field, miss one, get sacked and then punt to start a game. We get some first downs and it sets up the offense. We'll still take our shots.

But in one scenario we just expect them to hold up, in the other they recognize maybe they aren't quite up for it and use the play calling to help them out and IMO, we're always better in that situation. The big plays are still there, we just go about them differently.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Wed. is the day that the Packers have to either activate Jaire on the 53 or shelve him for the season. I would think that given he has been practicing since 12/8, they would activate him. Doesn't necessarily mean he plays on Sunday, but would be nice to have him back.

JA, Douglas, Stokes, Sullivan and even King, would be great having going into the playoffs.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wed. is the day that the Packers have to either activate Jaire on the 53 or shelve him for the season. I would think that given he has been practicing since 12/8, they would activate him. Doesn't necessarily mean he plays on Sunday, but would be nice to have him back.

JA, Douglas, Stokes, Sullivan and even King, would be great having going into the playoffs.
Jaire Alexander activated to the 53 with "gradual return" when ready for practice/games, so at least it's possible for him to return for playoffs!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be great to get Alexander back this week but the probable goal is to get him suited up in 3 weeks if the Packers make the #1 seed. That being said. activating Bahktiari didn't get him into the lineup so we'll have to wait and see with Alexander.

D

Deleted member 6794

It would be great to get Alexander back this week but the probable goal is to get him suited up in 3 weeks if the Packers make the #1 seed. That being said. activating Bahktiari didn't get him into the lineup so we'll have to wait and see with Alexander.

According to the Packers injury report Alexander was a limited participant in yesterday's practice which might be reason for optimism. On the other side Bakhtiari wasn't able to practice at all once again.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the Packers injury report Alexander was a limited participant in yesterday's practice which might be reason for optimism. On the other side Bakhtiari wasn't able to practice at all once again.

I'm slowly becoming similar in feeling on Bakh as I am Zadarius, who I don't think we see take another snap this year.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm slowly becoming similar in feeling on Bakh as I am Zadarius, who I don't think we see take another snap this year.
I'm more inclined to think that Z'darius could come back if the Packers make a deep playoff run that Bahktiari. Bahktiari is sidelined for weeks as soon as he tries to practice. he's had more than a year to recover and he shows no signs of being able to put his weight on his knee. I'm beginning to think that his career may be over. He's had 2 operations and plenty of rest and he can't even make it through a couple of days of practice. I would think he would flunk his physical right now.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more inclined to think that Z'darius could come back if the Packers make a deep playoff run that Bahktiari. Bahktiari is sidelined for weeks as soon as he tries to practice. he's had more than a year to recover and he shows no signs of being able to put his weight on his knee. I'm beginning to think that his career may be over. He's had 2 operations and plenty of rest and he can't even make it through a couple of days of practice. I would think he would flunk his physical right now.

The absolute crazy thing is it say he has to medically retire that’d save us a ton of cap….

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... he's had more than a year to recover and he shows no signs of being able to put his weight on his knee.
Not to pick nits, but Bakhtiari injured his knee at practice on 12/31/20 & had surgery in January. A year of rehab for a 320 lb lineman isn't unreasonable. If he doesn't make it back this season I think he'll be ready to roll for '22.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The gruesome tale of 2021 in visual terms. Found this at reddit.com

You must be logged in to see this image or video!