Injuries

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems to indicate that the Packers have been battling the largest battle against lost games, and are still out front. I think it's kind of amazing, considering how we sometimes think they're playing poorly. It makes me believe they've done a pretty good job stocking the shelves with back up players for this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

The absolute crazy thing is it say he has to medically retire that’d save us a ton of cap….

I don't know if that's true for next season though. It's possible the Packers would need to pay Bakhtiari the money guaranteed at the time of him signing the contract if he has to retire because of his knee injury as well.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Interesting News: "Green Bay Packers rookie center Josh Myers is taking a big step forward in his recovery from knee surgery. Myers was at practice on Wednesday and has been designated for return from injured reserve, opening his 21-day window to be reinstated to the 53-man roster.
Coach Matt LaFleur said Myers would participate during individual periods."

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting News: "Green Bay Packers rookie center Josh Myers is taking a big step forward in his recovery from knee surgery. Myers was at practice on Wednesday and has been designated for return from injured reserve, opening his 21-day window to be reinstated to the 53-man roster.

Few folks closer to the team that I know told me a while back many in house give the sense that Myers is more likely back than Bakh...I hope they're wrong but also hope Myers does come back soon.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

OK don't revoke my fan card for this but what does getting Myers back do for the line other than he was doing a very good job at center before he got hurt. Does Patrick become a starter at another position or does it just give us a better center and better depth?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK don't revoke my fan card for this but what does getting Myers back do for the line other than he was doing a very good job at center before he got hurt. Does Patrick become a starter at another position or does it just give us a better center and better depth?

Myers is out best center for sure. Patrick could make Newman not have to play. It more or less frees up and WORST case makes us able to sustain an injury in the playoffs

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Myers is out best center for sure. Patrick could make Newman not have to play. It more or less frees up and WORST case makes us able to sustain an injury in the playoffs
Thanks. I knew he was our best option at center but I wasn't sure if Patrick would just move to depth or if he would take someone elses place as a starter.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think J'Aire is the most important one.

His game allows you to basically just "fit him in" into any type of defensive scheme and lockdown any WR. That's what I love about his game. He's just a shutdown corner.

Now that we hit on Eric Stokes and Rasul Douglas has progressed, we may have the best CB trio in the NFL. At least very comparable to Charles Woodson, Al Harris, Tramon Williams/Sam Shields.

Reaction score
Also, Bakhtiari was back practicing today and listed as LP. His first time back since November.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I see he was listed as DNP today Thursday.
I had read an article that said he would be off Thursday but resume Friday. Seems that was the plan all along. They said he’d be doing walk throughs though. I guess we will see shortly :tup:

This puts him on schedule to be back by at least the Divisional imo. I think we will have 2 starters back for our first postseason game between Meyers, Bakhtiari and Alexander.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had read an article that said he would be off Thursday but resume Friday. Seems that was the plan all along. They said he’d be doing walk throughs though. I guess we will see shortly :tup:

This puts him on schedule to be back by at least the Divisional imo. I think we will have 2 starters back for our first postseason game between Meyers, Bakhtiari and Alexander.
Thanks for the info. I was hoping that was part of the plan… but had no info either way.

Reaction score
What a relief it will be if we go into the playoffs with not 1 healthy... but 2 starting caliber at RT + 2 starters at Center + 2 more starters at RT!

and All those not starting fighting for a spot at a Guard position!

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Looks like Myers is playing against the Lions. Alexander has been ruled out. Bakh practiced and is listed as questionable.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Looks like Myers is playing against the Lions. Alexander has been ruled out. Bakh practiced and is listed as questionable.
I think getting Myers and Bakh back in there for a tune up game is more important than Alexander or Cobb.

Just reread what you posted. I don't think that means Myers will be playing on Sunday, just that he has started practicing and thus the Packers have 21 days to activate him, still a good sign. Patrick has been playing well, I think getting Bahk back makes a much larger impact on the OL.

EDIT: Tom Silverstein stated that Myers will play.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think getting Myers and Bakh back in there for a tune up game is more important than Alexander or Cobb.

Think our o-Line has held up well. Our D though is trending in wrong direction past few games (ignoring the QB-less Vikings game). Having Jaire back will have the biggest impact imo.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
MVS was the only injury (Back) I noticed yesterday, hope it isn't too serious.

This is great news! Being able to rotate the 2 Smiths and Gary should give the Packers pass rush a bit of a boost.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The demise of our defense may have been greatly exaggerated. The number of players not on the field due to injury has been an issue for several weeks. Now that they're healthy, going into the playoffs, we should see some improvement.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The demise of our defense may have been greatly exaggerated. The number of players not on the field due to injury has been an issue for several weeks. Now that they're healthy, going into the playoffs, we should see some improvement.
I think our defense should improve with Alexander and Z Dog back. While I still don't consider them a shutdown D, barring anymore injuries, they are going to surprise people. Will be interesting to see what they do with Douglas and Jaire, a nice problem to have.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the 2 I think we need to get back before the post season got back to play a good series of snaps yesterday. Oline is a different beast. That's down in, down out, consistent play. you need to get your feet under you before going from zero to 100 mph in the playoffs. Hopefully they both are fine today and have no ill effects.

i'm not as concerned with players like Z or Jaire getting tossed back in. Z could be strictly passing down, 15 snaps a game and our defense is much better with him in that role and that is something he can come off the bench and do. There game situations that will allow us to increase his time as needed, or not, because we have our starters and they're good.

Same for Jaire. if all he does is take a nickel role or slot guy we're better, by a lot for the 20 or 60 snaps he might see and I think DB is one where you can jump back in in the middle starting from zero and get going again in a hurry.