Injuries

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazard had a similar hernia situation last year and missed 5 to 6 weeks. Its possible Cobb could make it back for the playoffs but that doesn't mean he would be in game shape. The offense is now missing 5 starters.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Just reported on ESPN that Cobb had core muscle surgery but nothing about status, just that he will miss at least several games and that *his season is in jeopardy.*

Fun times. Okay Amari, time to be the James Starks of 2021
If it was laparoscopic to repair a hernia, it took Lazard 7 weeks to come back from his. Hopefully, we see Cobb in the Super Bowl!

D

Deleted member 6794

It seems that CBS is just speculating on when either of the injured players are coming back. With Bakhtiari still not practicing and Z not having been designated to return I highly doubt any of them will be available this week. Alexander is a long shot to play vs. the Bears either.

Adams and King both were limited participants yesterday. They are trending towards playing. Say what you want about King, but he is still one of our best options at CB. Glad these guys are coming back.

King was even a full participant in Thursday's practice.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It seems that CBS is just speculating on when either of the injured players are coming back.
I would assume that any fan, coach or media that is "reporting" on future events is typically "speculating"? This is especially the case when it comes to injuries and when a player is going to be back playing. Fans always seem to want rock solid answers and dates. Give them your best guess and it still won't make everyone happy. Probably why the Packers shy away from saying too much about player injuries.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only receiver on the Packers roster with a similar skill set to Cobb is Amari Rodgers. Time for MLF to direct plays to him. His rookie season has been a bust so far with virtually no production with few if any targets. If the Cobb injury can be overcome, Amari will have to step it up. Otherwise, the injury ravaged offense will likely see its midling production decrease. EQSB is more similar to Lazard in body type and quickness. I don't think its reasonable to expect him to fill Cobb's shoes. If I'm the Packers opponent, I would double Adams, and make the rest of the WR's and TE's beat me. That midling group hss to improve or Cobb's loss will be huge because he was effective on third down moving the chains.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The only receiver on the Packers roster with a similar skill set to Cobb is Amari Rodgers. Time for MLF to direct plays to him. His rookie season has been a bust so far with virtually no production with few if any targets. If the Cobb injury can be overcome, Amari will have to step it up. Otherwise, the injury ravaged offense will likely see its midling production decrease. EQSB is more similar to Lazard in body type and quickness. I don't think its reasonable to expect him to fill Cobb's shoes. If I'm the Packers opponent, I would double Adams, and make the rest of the WR's and TE's beat me. That midling group hss to improve or Cobb's loss will be huge because he was effective on third down moving the chains.
I have to disagree on this one. The Packers do not have to get Amari involved. The depth chart is as follows; Adams, MVS, Lazard, EQ. Lazard and EQ will pick up Cobb's slack. Lazard just came off of injury and is a full go at practice. EQ has looked better as of late. Both of those guys can play in the slot. They're both veteran players at this point. They already double Adams and he still gets open. The Cobb injury is not as severe to the offense as Jones or Bakh were. Glad Jones is back, but they will survive without Cobb. I am bummed he is out though.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deguara might surprise also. Especially if they send him on some routes in the middle of the field.

Reaction score
With Cobb being sidelined with a core injury? If I were guessing I would think EQ might be the one relative surprise we could see down the stretch. He's actually made some really athletic plays and he just seems more confident lately. I remember him being tossed around in that late day 2 to early day 3 draft area. He slid into the 6th round and GB couldn't pass that up, even with already selecting 2 WR in rounds 4, 5. If EQ is going to shine? This is his stage... at 6'5" he is an ideal candidate in the Red Zone and he showed that earlier this season
We need to see that 9.8 RAS score come to fruition

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I would assume that any fan, coach or media that is "reporting" on future events is typically "speculating"? This is especially the case when it comes to injuries and when a player is going to be back playing. Fans always seem to want rock solid answers and dates. Give them your best guess and it still won't make everyone happy. Probably why the Packers shy away from saying too much about player injuries.

My point being that I prefer to rely on the team's actions than on someone speculating about when injured players return.

Bakhtiari still not being able to participate in practice at all and Z and Myers not having been designated to return by now doesn't make me optimistic that any of them is close to returning.

Adams can line up in the slot as well. I agree the Packers would hugely benefit from Rodgers being able to have an impact though.

Reaction score
If it was laparoscopic to repair a hernia, it took Lazard 7 weeks to come back from his. Hopefully, we see Cobb in the Super Bowl!
If my math is correct , including our Wild Card bye week, he'd be back at Lambeau for our NFC game. However now that you mention it I think I like your idea better

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since the Packers lose a starter every week to a serius injury, it was Billy Taylor's turn to hit the hot tub to a knee injury against the Bears. Runyan is the last starter on the o line. Doubtful he will make it to the end of the season without a serius injury.

D

Deleted member 6794

Since the Packers lose a starter every week to a serius injury, it was Billy Taylor's turn to hit the hot tub to a knee injury against the Bears. Runyan is the last starter on the o line. Doubtful he will make it to the end of the season without a serius injury.

Just for the record, Runyan wasn't a starter entering the season but has started every game since week 2 once injuries hit on the offensive line. Royce Newman is the only lineman who has started every game this season.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sounds like Rodgers had a setback with his toe injury last night. That could be worse news than the poor play of the special teams.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. I believe Patrick started week 1 with Meyers, Jenkins, Turner and Newman. Runyan has started more games than Patrick at this point so I see where Sanguine is coming from. Also are you sure it was an injury that moved Runyan into the line up? I could be wrong but I thought week 2 was Meyers, Jenkins, Turner, Runyan and Newman with Patrick as a healthy back up.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I
Sounds like Rodgers had a setback with his toe injury last night. That could be worse news than the poor play of the special teams.

What kind of surgery can they do on a busted toe? Especially the pinky toe. I know people who have had busted toes and their doctors said there was nothing to do but manage the pain.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I

What kind of surgery can they do on a busted toe? Especially the pinky toe. I know people who have had busted toes and their doctors said there was nothing to do but manage the pain.
Probably depends on the fracture. They can go in and put a pin in to stabilize the bone, but that obviously means missed time. Putting a splint on it, would probably help, but not allow for full freedom of movement.

Rest is the big thing. The more he plays on it, the less time it has to heal. Obviously, I am sure Rodgers got advice in LA over break from a doctor he trusts and I am guessing that Doctor gave him some guidelines to follow when it comes to whether he is ok to play with it or needs to stop.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word on the street is that Billy Turner *may* not have torn his ACL, but only the MCL. There is nothing conclusive just the Packers optimism:

D

Deleted member 6794

Yep. I believe Patrick started week 1 with Meyers, Jenkins, Turner and Newman. Runyan has started more games than Patrick at this point so I see where Sanguine is coming from. Also are you sure it was an injury that moved Runyan into the line up? I could be wrong but I thought week 2 was Meyers, Jenkins, Turner, Runyan and Newman with Patrick as a healthy back up.

Patrick was listed as questionable with a concussion but was active against the Lions in week 2. It's possible that he lost his starting job to Runyan based on performance or he wasn't fully healthy. I honestly don't know.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Wed is when they officially address any injuries isn't it? Even if it is an MCL tear, it's not like a small tear or strain on a QB or WR. The big guys need their base and it needs to be strong or they're just going down again. I don't expect him back any time soon from how it looked. But then I didn't think Gary would be back any time soon, thought for sure he cracked something by that hyperextension. Sometimes things look bad, but aren't the worst.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Cobb being sidelined with a core injury? If I were guessing I would think EQ might be the one relative surprise we could see down the stretch. He's actually made some really athletic plays and he just seems more confident lately. I remember him being tossed around in that late day 2 to early day 3 draft area. He slid into the 6th round and GB couldn't pass that up, even with already selecting 2 WR in rounds 4, 5. If EQ is going to shine? This is his stage... at 6'5" he is an ideal candidate in the Red Zone and he showed that earlier this season
We need to see that 9.8 RAS score come to fruition
I'm worried about EQ and concussions. Isn't this his second one this season?

Reaction score
I’m not certain. I will offer however, that Lazard just won that Slot role. He’s becoming Lazard of old… that solid, physical presence we used to see.
It’s almost like whatever injury was ailing him has healed. He can be very formidable when he’s playing well.

We’ve lost a S-ton of players to injury, but we keep getting better. This is probably the most complete team (including the bench) we’ve seen since 2010. I think we’re slightly better than 2014. Were not even remotely healthy and we’re just beating up on everyone.

50/50 chance this all comes together. With the return of just a few missing elements (imo Bak + J’aire is our ideal situation) ..We can beat Tampa at Tampa if it comes to that. I don’t say that lightly as that Tampa team is on fire on Offense.

If we go into the playoffs with Amos, Savage, J’aire, Stokes, Rasul and Campbell all healthy? We’re going to be hard to beat. Even harder if it’s 15 degrees along with our power running attack and HOF QB getting seemingly getting better by the week.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

EQ has had concussions issues before yes.

Personally if EQ is out, I'd be more apt to resign and activate Begelton for ST play than elevate Winfree (and I love Winfree for sure).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts