Injuries

Reaction score
I think we are getting close to at least 2 starters returning.
As much as I agree with other posters about a “resting” option, I just know how teams work. They don’t play a particular player if they’re not ready and they do play when they are ready. I know that sounds simplistic. But if a player is cleared and ready then he’s ready. Teams work tirelessly to rehab injuries and they won’t hold players out “just in case”. That more our thinking as fans.
Maybe last game of the season, sure if there’s no major implications.. why take the risk over 1 meaningless contest?

There’s no guarantees on an injury getting that much worse or that much better in 2 weeks.

I’m more curious about the logistics. What % snaps? How will they be schemed? How quickly will they play to expectation? Etc..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I like the news out of GB in regards to these 4 guys.

- Bahk is listed as questionable for the Bears game.

- JA expected back week 14

- Z Dog expected back week 14

- Myers expected back week 15

I'm not sure where you got that information from but Bakhtiari was the only player listed on yesterday's injury report and he didn't participate at all in practice.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you got that information from but Bakhtiari was the only player listed on yesterday's injury report and he didn't participate at all in practice.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Adams and King both were limited participants yesterday. They are trending towards playing. Say what you want about King, but he is still one of our best options at CB. Glad these guys are coming back.

Rodgers, Bakh, and Cobb didn't practice. Rodgers is playing. We know that. Sounds like Cobb's injury is worse that expected. There's talk of him going to the IR. Bakh, who knows at this point.

Gary, Jones and Lazard were all taken off the list. Hard to imagine Gary is off the injury list already. His injury looked season ending for sure. Also, glad to have Jones at full strength. That will be a great one - two punch with him and Dillion. The Bears will have a lot to contend with trying to stop the Packers offense.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Gary, Jones and Lazard were all taken off the list. Hard to imagine Gary is off the injury list already.
Yes, I think we ducked 2 potential big injuries with Gary and Jones. Both of them appeared to be potential season ending, so it was amazing that they both missed just 1 game.

You would have to think that if any of the "Big 3" (JA, Z-Dog, Myers) start practicing, which JA has, they are going to play within the next 3 weeks or at minimum, be activated to the 53 like Bahk was. Otherwise, the Packers would have to carry them on the 53 or mothball them for the remainder of the season. I think the Packers guessed wrong with the timing of bringing Bahk off of PUP and getting back to playing, but it sounds like the setback was due to swelling, which can happen with that kind of injury/surgery.

Reaction score
Adams and King both were limited participants yesterday. They are trending towards playing. Say what you want about King, but he is still one of our best options at CB. Glad these guys are coming back.

Rodgers, Bakh, and Cobb didn't practice. Rodgers is playing. We know that. Sounds like Cobb's injury is worse that expected. There's talk of him going to the IR. Bakh, who knows at this point.

Gary, Jones and Lazard were all taken off the list. Hard to imagine Gary is off the injury list already. His injury looked season ending for sure. Also, glad to have Jones at full strength. That will be a great one - two punch with him and Dillion. The Bears will have a lot to contend with trying to stop the Packers offense.
I fully agree that we want King in the mix. While he may be performing at a lower end starter as a whole over the last year or so, he’s still a better option than many options off the bench.
It’s a good problem to have, if we get J’aire back, we essentially have 3 players vying for the perimeter roles. Kings had some work inside, they might try going that route? Imo he’s better the closer the LOS (and vice versa).

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Some athletes are blessed with wonderfully bendy ligaments, probably a good portent for a player's overall longevity.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree on King. We might have paid a bit too much to keep him this season, but it has been nice to have him (for the most part) when he is healthy. Stokes is still cutting his teeth and has gotten burned a few times too. I'm sure the King haters wouldn't like it, but if he would sign for a little above vet min., I would bring him back in 2022. As we have seen once again, you can't have too many battle tested CB's on your team.

Reaction score
You would have to think that if any of the "Big 3" (JA, Z-Dog, Myers) start practicing, which JA has, they are going to play within the next 3 weeks or at minimum, be activated to the 53 like Bahk was. Otherwise, the Packers would have to carry them on the 53 or mothball them for the remainder of the season. I think the Packers guessed wrong with the timing of bringing Bahk off of PUP and getting back to playing, but it sounds like the setback was due to swelling, which can happen with that kind of injury/surgery.
Concerning David,
I was reading up on a several versions of knee fixes (repairs. Scopes, etc..) of arthroscopic debridement procedures. One Dr. mentioned he has had less invasive types with fewer tissues disrupted lead to lesser recovery time. He mentioned he’s had a patient that played football the following week.

While I’m not suggesting David is ready inside a week, it is totally conceivable that a patient can fully recover from minor adjustments in a 2-4 weeks type outlook.
Obviously every patient recovers differently, but we should be able to have a good idea where he’s at in recovery from his initially operation (good or bad) in short order. Whats amazing is we are soon approaching 1 year. The news broke of his injury on 31 Dec 20

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone else catch that Davante Adams usual injury list was augmented now with a hamstring injury? That is concerning.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone else catch that Davante Adams usual injury list was augmented now with a hamstring injury? That is concerning.
IF he needs to sit for a week to minimize damage and/or allow it to rest this is as good a week as any of our remaining 5 regular season games. He's a Bear-killer, but if we only win by 17 instead of 27 it's worth it to rest him. ;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I think we ducked 2 potential big injuries with Gary and Jones. Both of them appeared to be potential season ending, so it was amazing that they both missed just 1 game.

you can tell that they were not season ending injuries because they were not put on the season ending injury list :D:D:D:D:D

Reaction score
IF he needs to sit for a week to minimize damage and/or allow it to rest this is as good a week as any of our remaining 5 regular season games. He's a Bear-killer, but if we only win by 17 instead of 27 it's worth it to rest him. ;)
We could also mitigate his risk (obviously if he’s cleared to play) by limiting play time. E.g, using him sparingly in a half or pulling him if we get in a comfortable lead.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was just going to mention that! But boy did I crawl back in my hole all embarrassed n partially humiliated.:roflmao: Just having fun! I’d much rathe argue CoVid:coffee:
If we can't laugh at ourselves, we shouldn't be laughing at others...at least not at those who aren't on this forum. :coffee:

Reaction score
If we can't laugh at ourselves, we shouldn't be laughing at others...at least not at those who aren't on this forum. :coffee:
Yeah yeah. I agreeably took the bait… I shouldn’t expect to get the hook out of my cheek without some pain involved. :tup:
Talk about suffering insult and injury! I would really rather gone through a Covid argument! :eek:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yahoo sports for what its worth has reported that Cobb has a hernia and will be out 6 to 8 weeks essentially ending his season. Seems like the Packers lose a starter every week. Coming off the bye, you'd expect a typical team to be healthier. Nope, not the Packers. Dillon and Love are out with Covid and Cobb may be finished. Bahktiari isn't even practicing which means he's a long way from getting into games and playing his way into football shape. MLF basically said to not expect Myers back as he isn't close to coming back. We keep hoping that the team can get healthier but the attrition rate at some point will end the Packers ability to go anywhere in the playoffs, unless there is a remarkable reversal in the injury avalanche.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yahoo sports for what its worth has reported that Cobb has a hernia and will be out 6 to 8 weeks essentially ending his season. Seems like the Packers lose a starter every week. Coming off the bye, you'd expect a typical team to be healthier. Nope, not the Packers. Dillon and Love are out with Covid and Cobb may be finished. Bahktiari isn't even practicing which means he's a long way from getting into games and playing his way into football shape. MLF basically said to not expect Myers back as he isn't close to coming back. We keep hoping that the team can get healthier but the attrition rate at some point will end the Packers ability to go anywhere in the playoffs, unless there is a remarkable reversal in the injury avalanche.

Numerous folks predicted we'd fall anyways...and we are 9-3. I'm not counting this team out.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wait hang on...Dillon isn't on the Covid list???

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait hang on...Dillon isn't on the Covid list???
The Dillon has Covid thread from 2020 got revived & is messing with people. AJ Dillon is healthy and will be running over Bear LB's Sunday night. Sucks about Cobb but gives others a shot at a few targets in his absence. Hopefully the others learned how to run towards AR in scramble-time and can be replacement-outlets for AR.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Dillon has Covid thread from 2020 got revived & is messing with people. AJ Dillon is healthy and will be running over Bear LB's Sunday night. Sucks about Cobb but gives others a shot at a few targets in his absence. Hopefully the others learned how to run towards AR in scramble-time and can be replacement-outlets for AR.

That's obvious....his post freaked me out as it was said so matter of fact. I was searching frantically the internet hoping not true.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Numerous folks predicted we'd fall anyways...and we are 9-3. I'm not counting this team out.
we should be alright. Cobb being out does make me sad but hopefully Lazard will come through and help this team to a SB. My goal is just getting to the SB.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets wait to see what list they put him on.

OK OK I'll stop...maybe.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just reported on ESPN that Cobb had core muscle surgery but nothing about status, just that he will miss at least several games and that *his season is in jeopardy.*

Fun times. Okay Amari, time to be the James Starks of 2021

Members online

Latest posts