I'm not too concerned about the Sat. night game, but am concerned beyond..

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think that on a short week, after the Vikings valiantly played their hearts out to barely beat us at home, that there will most likely be very little left in the tank. My opinion is the Vikings absolutely need to play perfect across the board, which they generally did at home in their win. I will say however that if Ponder throws a pick in the endzone on that play that miraculously found its way into purple's hands, they probably aren't in the playoffs right now.

I think we win this game by a full two TD's against an overeager team. I don't however feel very encouraged about how we match up against various teams, namely a team like Denver. Does our defense have what it takes to even remotely come close to stopping the likes of Peyton Manning if Christian Ponder can effortlessly complete nearly every 3rd and long? And how many more times can we afford to let Rodgers take a hit before he doesn't get up?

I just feel very uneasy matching up against a team that seemed better coached and more versatile on both sides of the ball. I am hoping that the return of Charles Woodson and hopefully ALL of our receivers will ease my concerns. Your thoughts?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I think that there are a few adjustments to be made and that with the exception of 2-4 guys, we played pretty D* well. We got beat at our best because of a few underachievers and a few bad breaks. This week will not be easy.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Vikes played the Pack toe-to-toe TWICE and made our defense look like all 11 were conjoined-at-the-head Siamese twins (you get the idea, I don't know what the word is for 11 guys joined together is) ... while I admire the positive thoughts, I haven't seen anything that would warrant bubbling optimism that a victory is imminent.

If the Pack play THEIR game and contain Peterson (read: hold him to 120 yards) and actually get some pressure on Ponder this time, the Pack CAN win this game. If the Pack rely on Rodgers and the offense to out-run the same crap defensive play we all witnessed on Sunday, the Pack will be golfing next week at this time.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Vikes played the Pack toe-to-toe TWICE and made our defense look like all 11 were conjoined-at-the-head Siamese twins (you get the idea, I don't know what the word is for 11 guys joined together is) ... while I admire the positive thoughts, I haven't seen anything that would warrant bubbling optimism that a victory is imminent.

If the Pack play THEIR game and contain Peterson (read: hold him to 120 yards) and actually get some pressure on Ponder this time, the Pack CAN win this game. If the Pack rely on Rodgers and the offense to out-run the same crap defensive play we all witnessed on Sunday, the Pack will be golfing next week at this time.
Unlikely. 150 would be good though.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last season, we went one & done, losing as the #1 seed, at home.
The year before, thanks to David Akers missing 2 kicks in Philly, we didn't go one & done, and went onto Glory.
The year before that, our offense was unstoppable, but we lost 87-81 in the Wildcard game at Arizona. One & done.

No home playoff wins under Rodgers.

We also went one & done 2 of the last 3 times with Farve too, losing at home both times, to Atlanta and Minnesota, 2 soft dome teams.

If we bow out this week, we will start to be labeled the One & Done Boys.
How worried are you that the 2010 was a one-year magic carpet ride in the playoffs?

Remember, when we won the Super Bowl in

http://jerseyal.com/GBP/2012/12/31/2012-green-bay-packers-which-history-will-repeat/
One Way: Packers in 2002

It was exactly a decade ago during the 2002 season that the Packers, under head coach Mike Sherman, were heading into the last week of the season with a chance to improve their playoff seeding. They had clinched the NFC North in early December and were 12-3. A win would have put them in place to secure the number one or number two seed. I can’t recall which off the top of my head.
Green Bay traveled to New York and were soundly beaten by the Jets to finish 12-4 and with the third seed. The following Saturday on a snowy night (seeing a parallel yet?), in came the sixth-seeded Atlanta Falcons, a dome team (any other parallels?). Green Bay was once again favored to win and at that time, the Packers had never lost a playoff game at Lambeau Field.
What came next was a very flat and uninspired performance by the guys in Green & Gold and they were soundly beaten for a second game in a row. Season over. Again, that was under a different head coach and an entirely different roster, but this is a history lesson. History doesn’t care who the people are. It just continues to come around.
Another Way: Cardinals in 2009

It was week 17 and the Packers came to Arizona to face the Cardinals. This one is more fresh in the minds of Packers fans and this team. McCarthy was head coach and several of the players from that team are still on today’s roster.
Arizona had already won the NFC West and was the fourth seed. Green Bay wanted to lock up the fifth seed with a win. Arizona rested several of their starters (Packers were without key starters Charles Woodson and Randall Cobb against the Vikings last week) and the Packers won in a blowout. As fate would have it, that led Green Bay right back to Arizona one week later. It brought about a confidence from the team, media and fans alike that the Packers should easily advance past the Cardinals.
This time, Arizona had all of their starters in and what ensued was one of the craziest playoff games in NFL history (and because of that and unfortunately, it is replayed on the NFL Network more than I would prefer). I’ll spare a recap as my stomach is churning just thinking about it. The Cardinals emerged with an overtime victory after everyone thought a certain repeat of the week before was coming.
I’m not implying that the Vikings should be favored or that the Packers don’t seemingly have a chance to win but again, this is merely a glance from a historical perspective.
Much like those 2009 Packers going to Arizona the following week, the Vikings will be coming to Green Bay with a lot of confidence and having just beaten the same opponent a short week earlier. Will the Packers hand the Vikings the same cruel fate they endured at the hands of the Cardinals?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just need to hunker down on defense and play with some pride in front of the home crowd. These guys don't need extramotivation as they know whats at stake. Letting a guy run for over 400 yards in just two meetings is just embarassing if i get played to defense smh. I would never use film from that game to teach how important gap integrity and form tackling should be. However i would use it to show what happens when you don't get multiple hats hustling to the football, bad persue angles, and poor efforts tackling. I would not be shocked at all if he ran for another 200+ yds on this defense.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
We just need to hunker down on defense and play with some pride in front of the home crowd. These guys don't need extramotivation as they know whats at stake. Letting a guy run for over 400 yards in just two meetings is just embarassing if i get played to defense smh. I would never use film from that game to teach how important gap integrity and form tackling should be. However i would use it to show what happens when you don't get multiple hats hustling to the football, bad persue angles, and poor efforts tackling. I would not be shocked at all if he ran for another 200+ yds on this defense.
I wouldn be surprised if MM went through each and every minute of film and asked each and every player "What happened here?" on every play.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel pretty confident about this game. Were it not for a missed call on the non catch by the Vikes and stupid crap by Tramon we probably win Sunday. Ponder won't play as well as he did on Sunday. AP, probably will. Also, we'll have Woody and Cobb back. Now SF will be a big challenge!!!:eek:

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

The best way to hold AP to under 120 yards is simple. Get out to an early lead and stretch it to force Ponder to throw the ball more. We got off to a slow start in large part because Cobb didn't play. Our WRs will be good to go across the board for the first time in months. I expect a score on our first possession and an early 10-14 point lead by the end of the 1st quarter. The Vikings won't catch up after that point.

Members online

Latest posts