I'm not a Grossman fan, but I wish the NFL would create a DL

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has always been one of my pet peeves. Why can't the NFL create a Disabled List for 60 days or 90 days or something similar to what baseball does?

Grossman might be out 3 months, so you either have to put him on injured reserve so he's out the entire season, or you have to keep him on the 53 man roster which might make you thin or vulnerable at another position for the next 3 months if you cut someone else just so you can keep Grossman on the roster.

This has always bugged me when we had guys injured for over a month like Grady with his bad knee last year, and now possibly Diggs though it looks like he'll return sooner.

That's why I wish the NFL would create some type of 60 to 90 day disabled list so they can still keep a full roster of healthy players when injured players will be hurt for a month or two.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: I'm not a Grossman fan, but I wish the NFL would create

ArizonaPackerFan said:
This has always been one of my pet peeves. Why can't the NFL create a Disabled List for 60 days or 90 days or something similar to what baseball does?

Grossman might be out 3 months, so you either have to put him on injured reserve so he's out the entire season, or you have to keep him on the 53 man roster which might make you thin or vulnerable at another position for the next 3 months if you cut someone else just so you can keep Grossman on the roster.

This has always bugged me when we had guys injured for over a month like Grady with his bad knee last year, and now possibly Diggs though it looks like he'll return sooner.

That's why I wish the NFL would create some type of 60 to 90 day disabled list so they can still keep a full roster of healthy players when injured players will be hurt for a month or two.

I dont really like the Bears, but I feel for Grossman to have bad breaks like that.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: I'm not a Grossman fan, but I wish the NFL would create

ArizonaPackerFan said:

That is a very good idea. If you can have the DL in baseball then why not in a game that is far more violent and has many more injuries?

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blessing in disguise for the Bears...Figure out if Orton can play over the course of this season...The many questions about Grossman are still there, now throw in the consistent injury problems...

I think this just skips the "middle-man season."

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MajicMan said:
Blessing in disguise for the Bears...Figure out if Orton can play over the course of this season...The many questions about Grossman are still there, now throw in the consistent injury problems...

I think this just skips the "middle-man season."

You know, that Matt Hasselbeck quote makes me laugh every time that I see it. :D

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually at the beginning of the year there is the PUP list. Grossman can be kept there for (I forget 6 weeks??) and then 1 or 2 to decide to activate or put on IR.

I agree with you AZ and I would think the Union would want somthing like that to maximize the number of paid players.

Of course many safeguard would have to keep it from being abused with mysterious and fictitional muscle pulls. There is already some at the league office saying that the IR list is being abused.

I would not accuse the Packers of abusing the system on say Mr. Popinga.....

lonewolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides such a list, I believe the owners might like some adjustment to the salary cap rule, to allow teams to pick up players during the season. I think I read something about that before. If a team loses three of four players during the season, which certainly isn't uneard of (just ask Bears fans), it might be very hard to stay under the cap, without cutting some other players already on the roster.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how would you like to be the guy that busts *** all season only to be cut because they need your spot so they can keep the injured qb around?

DL should be a no brainer

Members online

Latest posts