If you could have one player from another team, who would it be?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take whoever the Bears starting QB is and then cut him just to rub it in their faces how much better we are.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take whoever the Bears starting QB is and then cut him just to rub it in their faces how much better we are.
Ha, decision making like that would find us at the bottom of the pile rather quickly.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Are you a Mod again, BB? Didn't get your *** kicked enough last year? Back for more are we? There's an old yarn in "Weeds World" that goes something like ... "When you get hit with the 'stupid stick' enough, you learn to duck". :whistling: Anyhow, RANDY MOSS??? Not even in jest Bill. SOMETHINGS are just too brutal to unsee once seen. :D

Thank you for your kind words.........where`s my baseball bat ?

Seriously though, do we hate him that much ???

Last edited by a moderator:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Nah...it's all about talking crap. This...this is the internet.

I get that but I honestly laughed at the "Mooning" incident. We had ridden his back all through the game, and not politely either, and he had the last laugh. I thought the guy was a legend, or so I thought.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just "one" player and you pick Coates?

Whiles Coates has a nice yds/catch ave of 20.3 yds....he only has 22 catches (of 51 targets) for 2 tds and 446 yds....in 2 seasons.

Meanwhile Adams has: 163 receptions (280 targets) for 16 TDs and 1926 yards in 3 seasons.

You must see a lot of potential in Coates?

Coates, who I saw alot of at Auburn is 6'2 215 pounds. (Roughly Jordy's size). In college I think it was as a Junior most of the season he led the nation in YPC. I don't know why he's not doing it in Pittsburgh, but trust me I'd rather have him than Hands of Stone Adams.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Coates, who I saw alot of at Auburn is 6'2 215 pounds. (Roughly Jordy's size). In college I think it was as a Junior most of the season he led the nation in YPC. I don't know why he's not doing it in Pittsburgh, but trust me I'd rather have him than Hands of Stone Adams.

I get it, there are a lot of guys out there who appear to be underperforming, especially if you look at their physical attributes and college tape. For whatever reason(s), some of them just don't do that well in the NFL. For now I will take Adams (over Coates), based solely on what he has been able to do in the NFL, but there are probably 30 or more receivers I would rather have than Adams. That is Adams, right now, ask me at the end of the season and that number will probably change, up or down.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you want to replace a guy who is underperforming (in your mind) with a player who you admit is underperforming? Is this Coates guy a relative?

Ha, decision making like that would find us at the bottom of the pile rather quickly.
I have 2 hopes every season. First, the Packer have a great year and win the Superbowl, and second, the Bears get humiliated. Although LadyGBP suggestion didn't help the first, she certainly helped the second.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coates is a much better physical specimen, but he's basically just a better Janis. Can't learn a playbook or catch.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
His QB when he led the nation in YPC was a kid who ended up going to Jacksonville as a DB. Imagine what he could do with Rodgers.
It's no secret that AR makes anyone a halfway decent WR, although the verdict is still out on Janis. Ben Roethlisberger is no slouch of a QB either and so far he has Coats looking pretty pedestrian.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's no secret that AR makes anyone a halfway decent WR, although the verdict is still out on Janis. Ben Roethlisberger is no slouch of a QB either and so far he has Coats looking pretty pedestrian.

I'm on your side Poker. Im thinking this Coates over Adams argument has to be a joke.

Either that or the guy arguing against Adams was asleep during all of last season.

Three different times last season Adams had as many TD catches in a single game as Coates has in his career.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm on your side Poker. Im thinking this Coates over Adams argument has to be a joke.

Either that or they guy arguing against Adams was asleep during all of last season.

Three different times last season Adams had as many TD catches in a single game as Coates has in his career.

I recently read that the Steelers drafting of JuJu Smith-Schuster has at least one of their WR's on the bubble and Coats is among that group due to his inconsistent play and inability to stay healthy.

I can only conclude that the poster just doesn't like Adams, who he referred to as "Hands of Stone" and this is just an extreme way of showing just how much he dislikes him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Reggie Ragland is available for a trade. Not a good fit in Buffalo and had a knee injury last year. Probably would not have to give up much for a look see. A little off topic. )

Members online

Latest posts