If you could have one player from another team, who would it be?

D

Deleted member 6794

The Bills are converting from 3-4 to 4-3 (again). Preston Brown is lining up as the Bills ILB starter. Reggie Ragland might be available in trade. Probably too late for that, though.

I definitely didn't expect Ragland's name to pop up in this discussion.

H

HardRightEdge

I definitely didn't expect Ragland's name to pop up in this discussion.
I bet you didn't expect Herb Adderley to pop up either. I guess I just wasn't in the mood to play, "if you were a tree, what tree would you be".

Last edited by a moderator:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I will admit I don't know enough about bosa to make a definite statement... but Aaron Donald is 26 and proven to be consistently dominant... I'm skeptical that bosa beats him out.

I'm just messing around. Donald is young enough to be a fine choice. Bosa's not on his level yet, but I believe he will be.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will admit I don't know enough about bosa to make a definite statement... but Aaron Donald is 26 and proven to be consistently dominant... I'm skeptical that bosa beats him out.

I took the fact that Bosa has only 1 year in into consideration when I made my choice and for that reason I also considered Donald who does have more of a track record. You couldn't go wrong with either one. Not sure what ultimately tipped me to Bosa. It may have been Dante's "he's not Bosa problem" comment. I think his popularity among fans is still struggling a bit from the holdout. Another year like his rookie year and all that will be forgotten.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet you didn't expect Herb Adderley to pop up either. I guess I just wasn't in the mood to play, "if you were a tree, what tree would you be".
Old twisted hard maple.

But with retouching the subject. I'm surprised Miller/Mack olb names aren't more top choices? I'm a defensive line homer, so Aaron Donald/healthy watt makes perfect sense... but Mack was a close 2nd... watt is just honorable mention. Until we see how the back healed.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I took the fact that Bosa has only 1 year in into consideration when I made my choice and for that reason I also considered Donald who does have more of a track record. You couldn't go wrong with either one. Not sure what ultimately tipped me to Bosa. It may have been Dante's "he's not Bosa problem" comment. I think his popularity among fans is still struggling a bit from the holdout. Another year like his rookie year and all that will be forgotten.

That's such a shame too, because the holdout was a function of the Chargers jerking him around.

H

HardRightEdge

A western cedar on a precipice at Yellowstone. Location and view is more important than species though.
I'm more in the mood to talk trees today. I know what tree I DON'T want to be. I have a native 60' poplar in my front yard that survived the forest clearing by the developer and my foundation work. It snows cotton for 2 weeks every spring and drops twigs all summer if the weather is dry. Every spring I consider cutting it down, but I can't bring myself to do it.

I've also got a native gnarly white oak. I'll go with that. Some years it rains buckets of acorns, but I give them to my neighbor who feeds them to the deer at his camp.

And that's all I have to say about that.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's such a shame too, because the holdout was a function of the Chargers jerking him around.

I agree. Fortunately I think it will be a short lived issue for JB. He will make everyone, especially Chargers fans, forget about it soon enough if he hasn't already.

H

HardRightEdge

THE LARCH
That fits. Healing properties for Packers fans and their defense.

"For those who do not consider themselves as good or capable as those around them, who expect failure, who feel they will never be a success, and so do not venture or make a strong enough attempt to succeed. [Bach: Twelve Healers and Other Remedies 1936]"

Would it pass muster in the PED protocol?

https://www.google.com/search?q=larch&tbm=isch&imgil=Fg1EaCVwoJrWjM%3A%3B1fxHGkiE9QYuZM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.conifers.org%252Fpi%252FLarix_lyallii.php&source=iu&pf=m&fir=Fg1EaCVwoJrWjM%3A%2C1fxHGkiE9QYuZM%2C_&usg=__eHtq7ObeibBmpBjrnkXS1ZyaZMM=&biw=1517&bih=720&ved=0ahUKEwjmtduvqcDVAhVKeyYKHXLxASAQyjcIsAE&ei=tdiFWaaHHMr2mQHy4oeAAg#imgrc=-lmSU-rkdw704M:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm more in the mood to talk trees today.

If you have a particular neighbor that you don't get along with and have enough land between you and that neighbor, might I suggest planting a female ginkgo tree as close to that neighbors house as possible. :devilish:

"When the female ginkgo trees shed their leaves and berries, they rot and emit a stench often likened to dirty gym socks, vomit, or poop."

Just be careful that you don't plant it too close to your own home, winds of karma can be equally unfriendly. :roflmao:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any defensive star/gamechanger

Von Miller, Khalil Mack, Bosa, Watt, Donald, Sherman, Norman

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sammie Coates. I'd rather have him t han Davante Adams any day of the week and 19 Sundays out of the year.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sammie Coates. I'd rather have him t han Davante Adams any day of the week and 19 Sundays out of the year.

Just "one" player and you pick Coates?

Whiles Coates has a nice yds/catch ave of 20.3 yds....he only has 22 catches (of 51 targets) for 2 tds and 446 yds....in 2 seasons.

Meanwhile Adams has: 163 receptions (280 targets) for 16 TDs and 1926 yards in 3 seasons.

You must see a lot of potential in Coates?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Randy Moss

Are you a Mod again, BB? Didn't get your *** kicked enough last year? Back for more are we? There's an old yarn in "Weeds World" that goes something like ... "When you get hit with the 'stupid stick' enough, you learn to duck". :whistling: Anyhow, RANDY MOSS??? Not even in jest Bill. SOMETHINGS are just too brutal to unsee once seen. :D

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You made me look up SMBC. -1 for obscure acronym.

Nice to know that I'm not the only one. The old AP Stylebook editors would have crapped a screaming worm on that one.

Ok... just ONE player? JUST ONE?? No kidding... all right. Who is the game's best ILB? Give me Kuechly .. injury history aside, a 3-down "middle linebacker" mentality that can cover TE's since we're stuck with this damned base 3-4 (even though it's not really). Over the years, I've become sick of hearing "...{fill in name of ANY NFL QB} over the middle to {fill in name of ANY NFL TE} for a first down and then some...."

Members online

Latest posts