If you could bring one player from another team onto the packers, who would it be?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok I tend to not get my hopes up but sometimes there's a little glimmer of hope that keeps shining through. The Jets and Darrelle Revis are still not getting along as of today. I heard that if Revis doesn't show up by teusday or something, he skips one year of FA eligibility. So far it looks like Revis' camp really doesn't care and the Jets aren't willing to budge at all. Well you guys know how these things work out, usually they get resolved sooner or later but there's always that chance the player gets traded away. Now here's my question, should we or would we go for this?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok I tend to not get my hopes up but sometimes there's a little glimmer of hope that keeps shining through. The Jets and Darrelle Revis are still not getting along as of today. I heard that if Revis doesn't show up by teusday or something, he skips one year of FA eligibility. So far it looks like Revis' camp really doesn't care and the Jets aren't willing to budge at all. Well you guys know how these things work out, usually they get resolved sooner or later but there's always that chance the player gets traded away. Now here's my question, should we or would we go for this?

You would be insane not to. Can we afford it? I think we could structure it right, but he is going to be looking for a albert hanesworth type deal even though he says he just wants to be the highest paid CB in the league. Its the jets fault in my eyes as they refer to him as the best CB in the league (guess they didnt see any packer games last season) and told him they would work with him on a new deal.

packerd00

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ivo610-Thanks yeah sounds like the ignorant rant of a sore loser, Lambeau is the mecca of Football stadiums. Hopefully he grows up one day but I wont hold my breath.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would be insane not to. Can we afford it? I think we could structure it right, but he is going to be looking for a albert hanesworth type deal even though he says he just wants to be the highest paid CB in the league. Its the jets fault in my eyes as they refer to him as the best CB in the league (guess they didnt see any packer games last season) and told him they would work with him on a new deal.

Haha looks like I called it. The Jets said they considered trading Revis. Jets acknowledge they discussed trading Darrelle Revis | ProFootballTalk.com

However it looks like they're not interested in doing that anymore. However once Woody and Mike start getting in the trade offers, they might not be so quick to dismiss the option.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha looks like I called it. The Jets said they considered trading Revis. Jets acknowledge they discussed trading Darrelle Revis | ProFootballTalk.com

However it looks like they're not interested in doing that anymore. However once Woody and Mike start getting in the trade offers, they might not be so quick to dismiss the option.

If I was TT I would offer 2 1st round picks. If that wasnt enough then I would offer Harris or Bigby with the 2 1st.

2 all decade caliber players in the secondary? Im drooling just thinking about it.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind a Devin Hester on the team to drastically improve the return game.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was TT I would offer 2 1st round picks. If that wasnt enough then I would offer Harris or Bigby with the 2 1st.

2 all decade caliber players in the secondary? Im drooling just thinking about it.

I doubt TT would go that far to offer two first rounders. Unless he really believes that we will win the SB and follow that up with another great performance, leaving us to pick last in the following two years. Packaging Daryn Colledge would be perfect in a deal with the Jets. After releasing Alan Faneca, they're uncertain at the LG position with unproven rookie Vladimir Ducasse.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darrell Revis WITHOUT A DOUBT
we have a strong WR Corps and are Oline is OK FOR NOW....

Revis, Chuck, Collins, TWill, and the Rookie in the secondary.... come on now that would be like the Miami heat!

Joe Thomas and Ware win Silver & Bronze

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hasnt ran anything back since 2007
They have been experimenting with him at WR and since they have been doing that his return average has suffered. I didn't specifically mean Hester but a stud for a KOR/PR would pay huge dividends overall.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KRers and PRers are only good for a few years then lose it and never get it back. Cribbs is the man right now but in two years he wont be.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
+1 Ivo

I'd rather find someone who consistently averages good returns. Sure, the guy who is a threat to take it all the way is nice to have but they never last, and after that first year of multiple TD returns, they want way too much money. Screw that. Give me a guy who is a lock to take kick offs to our 40 and give us an 18-25 yard punt return average. Our offense will take it the rest of the way.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My top two choices would be RB Chris Johnson and OLB DeMarcus Ware. If I had to choose between the two, Ware wins. Put him opposite Matthews and GB has the best defense in the league.

GB needs an OLB opposite Matthews BADLY.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'd take James Harrison as an outside linebacker opposite Matthews to put some real fear in opposing QB's. Or I might go after Julius Peppers for the same reason, to get an aggressive unstoppable pass rusher. On the offense I'd go with a running back that demands respect. Many have mentioned someone like Chris Johnson or Michael Turner, even MJD would be a good option. I think Peterson has a real upside and is an amazing back, but he has to break the fumbleitis before I'd bank on him.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I would deffinatly take Barry Sanders.....o wait you mean guys that are playing now well that honor has to go to Tim Tebow haha no but for real I would love to have Revis opposite of Chuck seriously who would you throw at?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I concur REVIS would be missing piece, I think pass rush can be developed quicker then developing a shutdown corner like REVIS

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It seems most of us are pretty much agreed that our defense could use some help. So why do you suppose our management and coaching staff haven't pulled the trigger and spent some money on veteran defensive players this year? Is the talent pool that thin, or are they trying not to over commit salaries knowing there may come a cap after the uncapped year? I don't really understand the financial end of things. That's why I'm asking.

Members online

Latest posts