If you could bring one player from another team onto the packers, who would it be?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it falls between Joe Thomas, Patrick Willis, and Darrell Revis. Any of those 3 would do wonders for our team. With Joe Thomas you wouldnt have to worry about the left side for a decade. With Willis you would have a up and coming ray lewis who runs the field. And finally with revis you would have a shut down corner for the next 5 years.

I think I would pick Joe Thomas because if we ever lose Rodgers our season is over.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The last time Suggs had double digit sacks was in 04. Last year he had 4.5. Just saying.

Is that true? That's really funny.

But then again, the Vikings' biggest flaw is that the team doesn't have a stabilished franchise QB of the future, and with the league being QB driven as it is, it'll be hard, even with the ammont of talent that they have, to be contenders without one...
Out of 9 people who actually were serious, 6 said Rodgers, 2 said Matthews and one said Collins. They aren't as dumb as you think they are. They know the Vikes need a QB for the future and Rodgers is good and young.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of 9 people who actually were serious, 6 said Rodgers, 2 said Matthews and one said Collins. They aren't as dumb as you think they are. They know the Vikes need a QB for the future and Rodgers is good and young.
But the question was from the entire NFL or from the Packers?

And BTW, I also think safety is a big need for your team. More than Corner... Though I didn't like Cook in the draft. But Griffin is a good player, and Winfield is great.

Now, Madieu Williams? Tyrell Johnson? Jamarca Sanford? Not so much...

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calvin Johnson. A freak of nature who makes every player on the offense better.

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean you wouldn't take Andre Johnson before Calvin Johnson?

That's really more of a toss up than you'd think. Andre Johnson has had a much better team around him the past couple years. Also, he doesn't have to be covered by Charles Woodson twice a year.

C

cvg_crazy

Revis opposite Woodson is really all you need to say. Bonus pick can be Shane Lechler from the Raiders to solve the punting issues haha.

Revis belongs no where near Green Bay, with an attitude like his we don't need him.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  1. Demarcus Ware
  2. D'Rel Revis
  3. Elvis Dumervil
  4. Nmadi Asohumunga
  5. Brandon Graham
Wow, my #3 guy is done for the year already. Can you imagine if we had bought him in free agency?

Look our OFFENSE is already as good as any in the NFL. And we have depth now at OT. We need no help on offense. As long as we didn't allow 30 or more last year, we never lost.

We need pass defense, and Ware and Revis help solve that, as did Elvis. But he's left the building now.

Oklahoma_Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Nnamdi Asomugha (Him opposite of Woodson? Greatness.)
2. Darrelle Revis (Woodson, Asomugha, and Revis? Would anyone be able to pass on us?)
3. Troy Polamalu (To make our secondary that much better.)
4. Andre Johnson (To make our already bad *** receiving corp, even more bad ***.)
t5. DeMarcus Ware
t5. Adrian Peterson

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In terms of need I think Demarcus Ware would be the obvious choice. We don't need an elite QB, we have a good RB, stellar WRs, serviceable OLine, a shutdown secondary and a good crew of Dlineman. We don't have that premier pass rusher as of yet.

Wolvi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great discussion...Watching those shoot outs with Arizona and the passing that Big Ben put up as well...I would still have to go with Lechler:) and hope 31 is healthy all year!

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Polamalu? Really? He is good and dynamic, but he only plays like 4 games a year.

In terms of starters:
We're set at QB, TE, DT, ILB, FS. Period

We're dang good at WR, RB, CB, OL, K, and SS (Burnett panning out)

We could use help mostly at OLB but defense in general.

Seeing as this is completely hypothetical, I'm going all out.

I'd go with OLB. I think Ware would be sick opposite of Matthews but so would Woodley, Joey Porter, or Mike Peterson from ATL. I think Willis is one of those players who would do well at OLB too. Anyone of those guys would be a good upgrade.

Because the LB in a 3-4 perform well because the DL sucks up blocks, I think that dropping Harrel for Darnell Dockett or Haolti Ngata. A front three of Pickett-Raji-(Dockett or Ngata) would be devastating. That might even be worth going for over OLB just because you would need to double team 2 of those three guys every time.

Revis is awesome, but his attitude just doesn't jive with Green Bay in my opinion. I think Cortland Finnegan or Daunta Robinson would be a better fit.

The list-

1. DeMarcus Ware
2. Dockett/Ngata
3. Finnegan
4. Willis
5. Kerry Rhodes or Adrian Wilson

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cowboys have DeMarcus Ware and he was nowhere to be seen getting to Favre in their playoff blowout. And that's with a good OLB on the other side in Anthony Spencer.

But I'd want Ware or a great CB.

Our only problem is pass defense period. Yes our special teams is weak too, but we should never punt anyway. We just need to stop passing games, so another good corner to go with Woodson would be huge.
Harris is like 38, Tramon is just okay. You need 4 good ones these days.

Members online

Latest posts