If this hasn't been said it needs to be

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a Packer fan since 1981, and I have NEVER in all those years seen a defensive performance like this year's. Out of the 11 guys I think everyone thought would start this season for The Packer D; 3 haven't missed game time due to injury, and Al Harris who I think alot of us figured would be a starting corner this year never played a down for Green Bay.

Yet despite the offense going into a 6 week funk, we're sitting here 9-6, with 3 blow-out wins.

Say what you want or will about anything and everything I ever post here but the fact remains I'm DAMN proud of this defense, and I wish there was a way to vote the whole defensive side of the ball starters and backups to the pro-bowl. The team may be 9-6, but in my book going into the final regular season game the DEFENSE is at LEAST 12-3!

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Our defense is playing tremendous, and definitely takes a lot of pressure off our Offense. I think it took a couple of weeks for our team to get into the groove as a whole, not just the offense.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The secondary is MUCH MUCH improved over last year and we didn't miss a beat letting Harris go surprisingly. Williams is damn near as good as Woodson now if not better! Yes, I stand by that.

The Run D is really good. Giants with a great 1-2 punch only broke off one big run that I can remember, and then it ended in Jacobs fumbling (thanks to the dude in my sig).

If we had had this Defense last year I think we could have gone all the way. This year injuries suck, but even with that we have a shot at the playoffs cause the defense is playing great.

Team just needs to keep playing disciplined football and go out and play. What happens happens.

Kind of scared somebody is going to try and steal Capers from us.

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The performance of the defense this year has been outstanding. Nobody could ever imagine that with all of the injures they will play at that high level.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonderful post! Our D has been nothing short of spectacular this year! They paly their hearts out and we should indeed be DAMN proud of them all!!!

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jets game blew my mind. Without Jenkins and Raji I believe, We went to their house and shut their running game down for a shutout. I still can't get the bade images out of my head though.

I still think our defense is gonna get embarrassed by Vick. :Worried:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jets game blew my mind. Without Jenkins and Raji I believe, We went to their house and shut their running game down for a shutout. I still can't get the bade images out of my head though.

I still think our defense is gonna get embarrassed by Vick
. :Worried:

Vick is beatable, the Vikings proved that in Tuesday night's game. Blitz Blitz Blitz. Rush Rush Rush. Vick is also wounded and according to the Philly news here may not even play this Sunday. Kolb then? If Vick is not back and we get to play the Eagles in the playoffs, and Vick is not ready, wouldn't it be a funny bit of irony if we faced Kolb again? Kolb would probably crap himself at the thought of facing our D again.

Vick and the Eagles as a team are also notorious for being inconsistent and faltering. Just ask the Bears and Vikings.

If it's Vick, rest assured, our guys will do their homework. There has got to be tons of film on him, we already faced him for half of game 1 too. Also, I'm sure Capers is already all over this, with the hopes we beat the damn Bears.

dobolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pickett was out, not Raji.

dobolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of scared somebody is going to try and steal Capers from us.

I would hope that the Packers would increase Capers salary, whether anyone else is trying to pry him away or not, so that he'll stay. Like Tampa did with Kiffin and Philly did with Johnson.

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a testament to the greatness of our defense that fans of other teams can name more players on OUR D then they can on their own team! lol

L

Lunchboxer

Vick is beatable, the Vikings proved that in Tuesday night's game. Blitz Blitz Blitz. Rush Rush Rush. Vick is also wounded and according to the Philly news here may not even play this Sunday. Kolb then? If Vick is not back and we get to play the Eagles in the playoffs, and Vick is not ready, wouldn't it be a funny bit of irony if we faced Kolb again? Kolb would probably crap himself at the thought of facing our D again.

Vick and the Eagles as a team are also notorious for being inconsistent and faltering. Just ask the Bears and Vikings.

If it's Vick, rest assured, our guys will do their homework. There has got to be tons of film on him, we already faced him for half of game 1 too. Also, I'm sure Capers is already all over this, with the hopes we beat the damn Bears.

That would be funny. I dont think he would ever face a guy like Clay Mathews ever again for the rest of the season.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post! Our defense has just been phenomenal this year. It's been truly amazing what those guys have been able to do, what Capers has been able to do, despite being the hardest hit squad due to injuries. It's because our defense is playing so well that I have a lot of confidence going against anyone at any time this season.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hope that the Packers would increase Capers salary, whether anyone else is trying to pry him away or not, so that he'll stay. Like Tampa did with Kiffin and Philly did with Johnson.

Think I read somewhere that he was already making more than most of the head coaches in the league... Not sure if that's true, but if it is, then he's being WELL compensated and I doubt he leaves. He's got to be able to see what he has in front of him. Packers could have the best defense in the league for years to come. We are relatively young on defense with a few good years in front of us.

OP
OP
P

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The key to beating Vick is to send Williams on the corner blitz, and making sure the safeties cover the receivers.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The key to beating Vick is to send Williams on the corner blitz, and making sure the safeties cover the receivers.

Better to send Chuck on the corner blitz. We would need Tramon and Shields in coverage. Both are better in coverage at this point than Woodson, Woodson, however, is one of the best blitzers on our roster.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score

nah vick will still play his regular 200 plus yards of passing and 50 rush yards but he has thrown a pick once in each of the last 5 games.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Better to send Chuck on the corner blitz. We would need Tramon and Shields in coverage. Both are better in coverage at this point than Woodson, Woodson, however, is one of the best blitzers on our roster.

send shields on the blitz. he is freakin fast

Members online

Latest posts