1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If the U.S. had an Olympic football team....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by GBFANATIC, Mar 2, 2010.

1. GBFANATIC

GBFANATIC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    we would dominate the world! Which Packers would be on it.... Rodgers and Woodson are guarantees in my eyes.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    It would be the All Pro roster.

3. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    QB1 - Peyton Manning
    QB2 - Drew Brees
    HB1 - Chris Johnson
    HB2 - Adrian Peterson
    HB3 - DeAngelo Williams
    FB - Le'Ron McClain
    WR1 - Andre Johnson
    WR2 - Larry Fitzgerald
    WR3 - Reggie Wayne
    WR4 - DeSean Jackson (He gets here because of the dual threat nature of his game)
    WR5 - Brandon Marshall
    TE1 - Antonio Gates
    TE2 - Dallas Clark

I'm not doing an O-line. I don't watch them that closely

DE1 - Jared Allen
    NT - Vince Wilfork? A year ago this would've been easy, Haynesworth, not so much anymore.
    DE2 - Dwight Freeney
    LB1 - Elvis Dumervil
    MLB - Patrick Willis
    MLB - Ray Lewis (I don't know if he's the best, but he'd make the team based on reputation. You and I know it.)
    LB2 - DeMarcus Ware
    CB1 - Darrelle Revis
    CB2 - Charles Woodson
    CB3 - Nnamdi Asomugha
    CB4 - Champ Bailey
    SS1 - Troy Polamalu
    SS2 - Brandon Meriweather
    FS1 - Ed Reed
    FS2 - Nick Collins

K - Ryan Longwell
    P - Shane Lechler

4. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339

Of course we would dominate the world......we are the only country that plays this sport....hence the term, "American Football."

5. rawalabhay

rawalabhay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    They already have a football team, its just called soccer in the US!
    Just kidding!:Cheeky:

6. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    American style football is a long ways from becoming an Olympic sport. For starters, in order to be able to be an Olympic sport, it needs to be something both sexes can participate in. While I'm not saying women can't play football (I saw them play Hockey and they could all kick my ***), football isn't popular enough world wide to create a women's league also.

Next, the only way you'd be able to sell it would be if active NFL players weren't on the roster. The roster would have to maybe include practice squad, but mostly it would be made up of college guys, or even people who have been cut over the years. Possibly even UFL or Arena League players, though they still might be too good.

And yes, we would absolutely dominate, same as we'd get owned if Cricket were an Olympic sport.

7. rawalabhay

rawalabhay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    Actually Cricket might be an Olympic sport in 2020, but then again like you said it is WAY more popular around the world then American Football. Also, I would say 90% of American Football player's are from the US so there is no way other countries can have teams. The IOC might be a big thorn in American Football too since most of the IOC members are from EU.

Maybe in 2120 we might see it in the Olmpics!

:viksux:

8. GBFANATIC

GBFANATIC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    i guess im a little bitter about the us/ canada hockey game. my corporate office is based in vancouver and they have been calling me nonstop. so i told them id like to challenge them with a new olympic sport... football.