If the U.S. had an Olympic football team....

GBFANATIC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we would dominate the world! Which Packers would be on it.... Rodgers and Woodson are guarantees in my eyes.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
QB1 - Peyton Manning
QB2 - Drew Brees
HB1 - Chris Johnson
HB2 - Adrian Peterson
HB3 - DeAngelo Williams
FB - Le'Ron McClain
WR1 - Andre Johnson
WR2 - Larry Fitzgerald
WR3 - Reggie Wayne
WR4 - DeSean Jackson (He gets here because of the dual threat nature of his game)
WR5 - Brandon Marshall
TE1 - Antonio Gates
TE2 - Dallas Clark

I'm not doing an O-line. I don't watch them that closely

DE1 - Jared Allen
NT - Vince Wilfork? A year ago this would've been easy, Haynesworth, not so much anymore.
DE2 - Dwight Freeney
LB1 - Elvis Dumervil
MLB - Patrick Willis
MLB - Ray Lewis (I don't know if he's the best, but he'd make the team based on reputation. You and I know it.)
LB2 - DeMarcus Ware
CB1 - Darrelle Revis
CB2 - Charles Woodson
CB3 - Nnamdi Asomugha
CB4 - Champ Bailey
SS1 - Troy Polamalu
SS2 - Brandon Meriweather
FS1 - Ed Reed
FS2 - Nick Collins

K - Ryan Longwell
P - Shane Lechler

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
American style football is a long ways from becoming an Olympic sport. For starters, in order to be able to be an Olympic sport, it needs to be something both sexes can participate in. While I'm not saying women can't play football (I saw them play Hockey and they could all kick my ***), football isn't popular enough world wide to create a women's league also.

Next, the only way you'd be able to sell it would be if active NFL players weren't on the roster. The roster would have to maybe include practice squad, but mostly it would be made up of college guys, or even people who have been cut over the years. Possibly even UFL or Arena League players, though they still might be too good.

And yes, we would absolutely dominate, same as we'd get owned if Cricket were an Olympic sport.

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
American style football is a long ways from becoming an Olympic sport. For starters, in order to be able to be an Olympic sport, it needs to be something both sexes can participate in. While I'm not saying women can't play football (I saw them play Hockey and they could all kick my ***), football isn't popular enough world wide to create a women's league also.

Next, the only way you'd be able to sell it would be if active NFL players weren't on the roster. The roster would have to maybe include practice squad, but mostly it would be made up of college guys, or even people who have been cut over the years. Possibly even UFL or Arena League players, though they still might be too good.

And yes, we would absolutely dominate, same as we'd get owned if Cricket were an Olympic sport.

Actually Cricket might be an Olympic sport in 2020, but then again like you said it is WAY more popular around the world then American Football. Also, I would say 90% of American Football player's are from the US so there is no way other countries can have teams. The IOC might be a big thorn in American Football too since most of the IOC members are from EU.

Maybe in 2120 we might see it in the Olmpics!

:viksux:

OP
OP
GBFANATIC

GBFANATIC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i guess im a little bitter about the us/ canada hockey game. my corporate office is based in vancouver and they have been calling me nonstop. so i told them id like to challenge them with a new olympic sport... football.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts