I love blowouts! (And other thoughts)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem at all with blowouts as long as we are the ones on the winning end!

I taped the recent Eagles game and it is definitely worth a re-watch.
I think this could be our turnaround game of the season.
We finally beat a team better than us and hopefully this will not only prove that we are better against winning teams but that it will also carry our momentum against other playoff caliber teams.

There was a penalty against the Packers for, "Unsportsman like conduct" after a TD.
What exactly did they do?
Too many in the EZ for a celebration?
It looked like a bogus call.

Could you have asked for a better complete scoring game?
This had everything!
A pick 6!
Fumble recovery for a TD!
Lacy the Tank runs it in!
A punt return for a TD!
Air-Run to the receivers for TDs!

Wow! What a great game.
Now onto the next one!
And may we have blowouts all the way to the final tick of the clock in the Superbowl!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Man. I'll say one thing. We just embarrassed a quality team. I mean Sanchez or not this was plain and simply a beat down. I think our next measuring stick will be New England. They're handing it to the Colts in their house right now . If we beat them at Lambeau we could go 13-3 and host some tailgate barbecues in January

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is another question: If the Packers had somehow run the ball into the end zone for the flubbed extra point would it have meant anything?
Or is it a dead ball at that point? (No pun intended.)

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is another question: If the Packers had somehow run the ball into the end zone for the flubbed extra point would it have meant anything?
Or is it a dead ball at that point? (No pun intended.)

I'm pretty sure they would have gotten 2 points for it. That happened in a game last week. Can't remember who exactly, maybe the Steelers?

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they would have gotten 2 points for it. That happened in a game last week. Can't remember who exactly, maybe the Steelers?
Oh yeah. That makes sense. The two point conversion.
Duh!

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I have one problem with the blowouts. Last Sunday night there was no other games being played. Yesterday, here in Alabama the network SWITCHED the game when it was clear GB was gonna clobber them.

Only compensation was the game they switched it to was Detroit getting kicked!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the extra point question, you tell me. Gotta loves lawyers, bylaws, rulebooks...

Article 2: Results of a Try. During a Try, the following shall apply:
OFFICIAL NFL PLAYING RULES 57
(a) If a kick results in a field goal by the offense, one point is awarded. An artificial or manufactured tee shall not be
permitted to assist in the execution of a Try-kick. (The conditions of 11-4-1 must be met.) The ball is dead as soon as
it becomes evident that the kick has failed.
(b) If a Try results in a touchdown by the offense, two points are awarded. If a touchdown is not scored, the Try is over at
the end of the play.
(c) If the defense gains possession, the ball is dead immediately. The defensive team cannot score during a Try.
(d) If there is no kick, and the Try results in what would ordinarily be a safety against the defense, one point is awarded
to the offensive team.
(e) If any play results in a touchback, the Try is unsuccessful, and there shall be no replay.
A.R. 11.3 An attempted Try-kick is blocked. Offensive A1 recovers behind the line and advances across the goal line or recovers in
defense’s end zone.
Ruling: No score in either case. The ball is dead as soon as its failure as a kick to score a Try is evident.
A.R. 11.4 During a Try, placekick holder A1 fumbles. B1 kicks, bats, or muffs the loose ball (new impetus) on his two-yard line and it
goes out of bounds behind the goal line.
Ruling: Ordinarily a safety (11-5-1). Award one point.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the celebration:

(e) Two or more players engaging in prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed celebrations or
demonstrations.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
On the extra point question, you tell me. Gotta loves lawyers, bylaws, rulebooks...
(d) If there is no kick, and the Try results in what would ordinarily be a safety against the defense, one point is awarded
to the offensive team.

I didn't know this. If the offensive team fumbles and a defender falls on it in the end zone, the offensive team gets a single point. Interesting.

PFanCan

Reaction score
I have one problem with the blowouts. Last Sunday night there was no other games being played. Yesterday, here in Alabama the network SWITCHED the game when it was clear GB was gonna clobber them.

I was in the same boat (I live in Houston).

What made it even more maddening, is that after the Detroit game ended, they did not return to the Packer game, which still had ~7 minutes to go in the game. Instead, they went straight to "The OT" at which point, I turned the TV off.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the celebration:

(e) Two or more players engaging in prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed celebrations or
demonstrations.
No. Fun. League.

I am actually and genuinely surprised that they have not made the Lambeau Leap "illegal."

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What made it even more maddening, is that after the Detroit game ended, they did not return to the Packer game, which still had ~7 minutes to go in the game. Instead, they went straight to "The OT" at which point, I turned the TV off.
I feel for you guys.

I guess they kept it on in Wisconsin so that there wouldn't be any riots.

PFanCan

Reaction score

In another rules question, did you see the 4th quarter of the Lions-Cards game?

The Cards punt and their gunner grabs the ball at the 1 yard line, but is falling into the end zone. He attempts to toss the ball to his teammate, but it misses and ends up in Detroit's Jeremy Ross' hands, who then runs it 40+ yards to nearly mid-field before being tackled.

However, the refs confer and place the ball back at the one yard line. Apparently, all the defender needs to do is "control the ball" at which point the play is dead. Even if his momentum takes him into the end zone, if the kicking team player has control of the ball prior, it is not a touch back.

I did not know that.

D

Deleted member 6794

In another rules question, did you see the 4th quarter of the Lions-Cards game?

The Cards punt and their gunner grabs the ball at the 1 yard line, but is falling into the end zone. He attempts to toss the ball to his teammate, but it misses and ends up in Detroit's Jeremy Ross' hands, who then runs it 40+ yards to nearly mid-field before being tackled.

However, the refs confer and place the ball back at the one yard line. Apparently, all the defender needs to do is "control the ball" at which point the play is dead. Even if his momentum takes him into the end zone, if the kicking team player has control of the ball prior, it is not a touch back.

I did not know that.

I switched to the Cardinals/Lions game for the fourth quarter and saw that play as well. That is a really strange rule.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Fox did switch games, but then i turned it to my nfl package from direct tv and it was on whereas it was blackex out earlier due to being on fox. Just a simple channel flip and i was back to watching the **** whoopin!!!

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fox did switch games, but then i turned it to my nfl package from direct tv and it was on whereas it was blackex out earlier due to being on fox. Just a simple channel flip and i was back to watching the **** whoopin!!!

Luckily the same thing happened to me. I panicked when I saw the Lions game pop up. Switched to where it was blacked out earlier and it was on. Whew!

PFanCan

Reaction score
Luckily the same thing happened to me. I panicked when I saw the Lions game pop up. Switched to where it was blacked out earlier and it was on. Whew!

I don't have NFL Ticket, so usually make plans to go see the game elsewhere if it is not on TV. But, I was comfortable on my couch when FOX switched over. By the time I would have been able to get to a sports bar to see the 4th quarter, it would have been over. So, I just watched the Lions lose instead. Next best thing, I guess.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have NFL Ticket, so usually make plans to go see the game elsewhere if it is not on TV. But, I was comfortable on my couch when FOX switched over. By the time I would have been able to get to a sports bar to see the 4th quarter, it would have been over. So, I just watched the Lions lose instead. Next best thing, I guess.
Or just move here to God's neighborhood where stuff like that can't happen.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't know this. If the offensive team fumbles and a defender falls on it in the end zone, the offensive team gets a single point. Interesting.
But recovering a fumble in the endzone by the defense is not normally a safety so in this case no score. The way I read it, if the defense knocks, kicks or swats the ball from the field of play through the end zone it would be a safety and then the kicking team would get a point.

Narveson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got Sunday Ticket and living here in San Antonio, TX, they switched the game, which was being played locally on FOX here. So I just went to the Sunday Ticket channel and they were playing the game there. Also, the flag after the punt return touchdown was for "group celebration". It wasn't the celebration that got them flagged but there was more then just Hyde celebrating, which is a bogus call.

But can't complain about the rest of the game!!!!

PFanCan

Reaction score
Or just move here to God's neighborhood where stuff like that can't happen.

What? And actually have to shovel that darned white stuff off of my driveway???

Nah.

"Cold" for Texans refers to those few days that we take off our flip flops and wear shoes.

Reaction score

Yeah. The switching games has happened twice in Virginia this year. I believe it was the last Vikes game where FOX switched us mid. 3rd quarter. We thought there was something wrong with the TV and began trying to locate the game on other Networks , Thinking the channel got switched by accident. Then this game? Liked you said it worked ok because we got the Detroit game instead and that was more important at that moment. I don't like the switching crap mid- game. It's rude of FOX and is building a poor reputation.
Anyway , I'm coming your way. Moving near Crockett in January via Houston. Go Pack Go

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts