1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I don't understand this "lockout" talk

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Oct 7, 2010.

1. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +466
    Well at least nobody can accuse us of having a greedy owner.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    Well, football is most popular sport in America. I doubt it hits fans support that much. If anything we'll be looking forward the next season. Too bad greed struck the owners. Goddamnit they're billionaires already, what's couple more million gonna do for them.....

3. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +466
    And just what does decertification mean, anyways?

4. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I would love to see the greedy owners put on the uniforms & take the field. Maybe they would re-think where the $ should be distributed.

5. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    And I'd like to see the greedy players go out and find a regular job that will pay them as much as they're making playing a friggin game.

The greed works both ways. It's time you realize that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    Unfortunately, the one thing both sides realize is that the only group that won't come together and stand firm is the only one that is not greedy -- the fans -- the real losers in all of this. The players and the owners know that, for all the talk, when they behave as they are that the fans will not long boycott them if and when they do resume playing.

7. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Yes, I agree, the greed goes both ways. I'd love to make the money the players make. I guess my thoughts are that the players are the ones getting hurt, living with permanent injuries. Yeah, I know that's the career they chose in spite of those risks.
    There's a lot of $ being generated and it's going to go into someones pocket; wish it was mine. Who deserves it more? Hmmm...not sure.