1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

hungry hungry players. It will work out

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by stump5454, Jun 20, 2005.

1. stump5454

stump5454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :D Williams has edge to start ahead of Hunt

Corey Williams By Todd Korth , packrepted@aol.com
    Date: Jun 20, 2005

With Cletidus Hunt either injured or AWOL this off-season, Corey Williams has stepped in and has made the most of an opportunity to start at defensive tackle for the Green Bay Packers. Hunt has proven himself in the last two years to be the epitome of a lazy, non-committed athlete, but Williams is at the opposite end of the spectrum. Now the second-year pro is in position to improve a weak-link along the defensive line.

Williams suffered a blow in his quest to take over as the starter at the

2. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I'll say this - for a couple of years now, one hasn't gotten the idea (at all) that any true competition was allowed or worth the effort. It always seemed like whomever the starter was the previous year... was who would automatically start again this year.

THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT - and about damn time!
    I hope Bates benches anyone who takes plays off... I don't care what their rep is....!

3. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    As with all these later round draft choices, sometimes their attitude and desire can be the biggest difference between a guy with supposedly more talent. My hope is that Williams takes over the spot in such a way that there is not doubt in Hunt's mind of what he must do to play on this team. If Williams produces, then our defensive line will be better.