Three Major Questions That Will Dictate 2024 Draft...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I see it there are three MASSIVE questions which will dictate the 2024 draft for us...

#1 - Quarterback, while most are going to think this is a "Has Love shown enough or not"...I actually think it is vastly more about the follow up question - "Is there a QB not named Williams or Maye that you feel is that guy that Jordan isn't?"

That is the deciding factor...because let's be real blunt...likelihood is with QB value and those two prospects (even if you dislike Williams like I do...he is going early) they are going one/two or one/three at worst IMO. This means that where we are likely to be (5-10) sitting it has nothing to do with is Jordan the guy, it is do you see a third option in this QB pool that is enough of the guy to justify ignoring blue chippers elsewhere potentially. As an example...what if Maye/Williams/OT1/Edge1 or WR1 are all gone and you're sitting there at #5...you have say a Brock Bowers sitting there, along with a Keon Coleman, perhaps a Verse/Latu or Turner on the edge as well....Joe Alt or Olu perhaps...should you bypass spots on your board to grab your say 35th or 42nd or even 56th ranked big board guy because he is the next highest rated QB? Reaching for a QB is common, happens EVERY draft...and we see the pitfalls of it often...and yes I say that however we also DON'T really know it is a reach until the guy plays. The question though still remains...

#2 - Which helps a young QB (regardless if Love or rookie) more - grabbing him a weapon or offensive line help?

This is going to be a question Gute/Co face for sure...at some point in the draft they're going to be staring at say a Adonai Mitchell or Jordan Morgan in the second round type situation and they want to give the QB help...who do they pick?

#3 - Has the youth on the offensive side of the ball shown enough to allow Gute to focus on the holes both present and will be coming on the defensive side?

Yup...there is a ton of logic behind us going heavy defense again from a now and future perspective. To be honest Savage getting hurt may have just bought us a little bit of Safety time because it does two things, brings his price tag down some and perhaps we can work a one year prove deal that is good for both AND it gets Anthony Johnson Jr into forced play more to see what we have if anything. We also have the fact that Preston Smith is a solid veteran still playing starter level ball.....but at a point his tag and his rep taking from LVN hopefully will be something that is of no value to us anymore...can we afford to ignore a blue chip edge guy early? Same can be said for CB...we got rid of Rasul...Jaire is not the same dude and Stokes cannot stay on the field. EVEN if Valentine is that guy you could argue Gute grabbing a CB1 on day1 to make certain or a Cooper DeJean type prospect (many see as a stud safety potentially at next level) that can play CB or Safety could the perfect pick.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The way I see it there are three MASSIVE questions which will dictate the 2024 draft for us...
I've come to the conclusion that you REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY like this section of the board.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that you REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY like this section of the board.

LOL, not really, I just know this is the Draft section and such related topics ought to go here. Spoons don't go where forks go and vice versa LOL

Reaction score
Shedur would be my exception outside those 2. However I still see him as a top 30-50 prospect at this point, so he’s in that Round 2 realm for me and he’s likely gone by a QB needy team

Malachi Corley is an area where imo .. he’s not costly, but he’d have an immediate “Reed” effect. Great power and effort in the mold of a young Deebo with good long term upside.

Tyler Nubin would be a player who I trust would be an immediate starter. He’s very physical and trusted against the run. As far as Pass Defense, He had like a 40-something QB rating against him in 2022, which is dominant level stuff. He could be that guy that is high impact inside a season or two, with an early return on investment. 2023 has been a continuation of his rise. What was not long ago a top 50 prospect could easily be a Day1 if he performs well at the Combine. That might not align with our draft placing though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shedur would be my exception outside those 2. However I still see him as a top 30-50 prospect at this point, so he’s in that Round 2 realm.

Malachi Corley is an area where imo .. he’s not costly, but he’d have an immediate “Reed” effect. Great power and effort in the mold of a young Deebo with good long term upside.

Tyler Nubin would be a player who I trust would be an immediate starter. He’s very physical and trusted against the run. As far as Pass Defense, He had like a 40-something QB rating against him in 2022, which is dominant level stuff. He could be that guy that is high impact inside a season or two, with an early return on investment. 2023 has been a continuation of his rise. What was not long ago a top 50 prospect could easily be a Day1 if he performs well at the Combine. That might not align with our draft placing though.

LOL those are prospect thoughts not philosophical drivers discussion get this spoon out of the fork section LOL

I stopped reviewing Sanders tape cuz he ain't coming out next year. Personally, I'm mixed on him personality wise and what all comes with...he for sure is a highly skilled athlete though and I suspect will be a top 10 pick in 2025 draft at the worst.

Corley is a WR type I like for sure, but I actually predict someone late Day1 nabs him - I really think KC may eye him.

Nubin is my #2 safety - second round grade but a LOT to like out of the Minnesota safety.

Reaction score
LOL those are prospect thoughts not philosophical drivers discussion get this spoon out of the fork section LOL

I stopped reviewing Sanders tape cuz he ain't coming out next year. Personally, I'm mixed on him personality wise and what all comes with...he for sure is a highly skilled athlete though and I suspect will be a top 10 pick in 2025 draft at the worst.

Corley is a WR type I like for sure, but I actually predict someone late Day1 nabs him - I really think KC may eye him.

Nubin is my #2 safety - second round grade but a LOT to like out of the Minnesota safety.
What can I say. I’m a Roman’s 8, action guy. :)

Jordan is staying imo so that’s a moot point. They won’t give up on him this early (95% chance)

50/50 we go FA at either WR/TE/RB (maybe, maybe 1 OL) but with an outside guy well-deserving of a 2nd contract on a smaller level of our former ZaDarius move. Then we will reinforce, as in hit OL with a semi or elite college drafted player. Call it Top 50 or better.

So my answer is not an OR answer but AND (BOTH weapon AND OL)

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts