How will the packers fair in the dome

Brad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anyone else extremely scared and excited for this game? either the pack will come out strong and beat up on the sputteing vikings, or it will be another nightmare for favre and the pack, but this time on christmas eve :(...I have faith that we will beat the curse of the dome this year!! it may be a nail-biter but i think we have it under control, the north that is! Can't wait

acw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'd better win or the queens will win the division if we tie at 10-6. We really need to win our last three.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way this team has been playing and the fact that they normally suck in the dome makes me hope for a Lions win this weekend against the queens.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Genius Mike Holmgren with his 1-6 (now 2-6) record at MN can manage to win in the Dump, without Brett Favre I might add, Mike Sherman, who has a .500 record there, can manage to win one and contribute to the Queens' annual slide once again.

Gravedigger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers pounded them last year in the Dump. 265 yards on the crap. I expect another big running day with a lot of yards coming by Tony Fisher plus Green of course. Don't know about Davenport's broken ribs.....D-line should be able to pressure Culpable like they did Sandwich.

Driver and Walker will have big days.

I also expect Sharper to play his best of the year which has usually meant controlling Moss. Sharper may be hurt but he can play a hell of a lot better than he did against the Jags. Favre is due for a big, big game. Joey Harington got 178 yards in the 4th quarter. Favr emay hit them up for a 600-yard day.

Packers 45
Queens 27

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
despite how bad the vikes are, the pack is right in there with them. i want to know what makes you think that the vikes are going to give up 40 or more. Vikes have not done that all season. The Pack has done that multiple times this season. one of those was to a team who the Vikings beat. soundly. btw, in case you forgot who that was, the Titans. Vikes held them to 3 points.

VIKINGS 41
stinkin pack 31

happy holidays to all

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you make some good points animal. these games usually aren't blowouts anyways. i know our D is going to give up a good amount of points, i just hope the offense gets its act together and plays with some kind of urgency.

im not at all excited about playin in your house either, but this year it seems home isn't all that sacred anyways.

just remember you're playing to even the score.

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whats up arrow,
yea, the questions abound about which teams will show up. i think that both will. but i think that the vikings are starting to hit their stride, except for the hiccup in the 4th qtr. vs. the kitties the D hasnt done too bad. 26 ttl 2nd half points in last 6 games. thats not bad. not at all. and just in time winfield and birk are going to be back. our best corner and starting center. Vikings are due and they feel it.

HERES TO AN INSTANT CLASSIC: VIKINGS VS. PACKERS 12/24/04

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!!!! :D

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikes93animal said:
26 ttl 2nd half points in last 6 games.
That's not bad at all...

Should be a great game. Sounds like the viking's D may be shaping up. If the Pack's D doesn't get on track it could get ugly at the dome...

I am hoping for a shoot out! (and of course I have to hope for a packer win)

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man oh man I'm pumped up for this game. The way I understand it, winner takes all? I guess Minny has the tiebreakers if they split the series?

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Run it

yooperfan said:
Run, run and run some more. Control the ball. Wear them down, go for it on fourth and a foot instead of punting it into the endzone.
Packers win! :D

HEY!!!!!!!! that is my game plan. you been looking at my playbook? you guys must be apprehensive about moss. i can feel it. what do you guys think of moss, AS A PLAYER only? its going to be one hell of a game and friday cannot get here soon enough.

GO VIKINGS!!!

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think for us to win we have to have a nine point lead with less than two minutes to go and the ball. th eVikes have given up four last minutes drives to lose ball games. And if Favre is hot in the fourth like every other QB that has played us this year it could be another heartbreaking loss. I think that if the Viking D ever got aggressive we could hold the Fudgepackers under twenty. But Cottrell plays that bend and break D that lets them go right down the field and score. Should be a great game. I say the score will be 35 -31 Vikings!!!!!

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my personal opinion green will step it up a notch seeing he is on turf. With him ripping off 8 yards at a time, the queens will have to move 8 in the box opening up farve's passing attack. Our defense is playing poorly at best, but farve and the o will grind away at the clock keeping them off the field. This won't be close as the pack hands you a 31-17 defeat.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what do you guys think of moss, AS A PLAYER only?

Funny how you have to qualify your question. Speaking as a pure football fan, he may be one of the best ever and probably would be the best ever if he had the work ethic of someone like Jerry Rice.

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NCPackerfan said:
what do you guys think of moss, AS A PLAYER only?

Funny how you have to qualify your question. Speaking as a pure football fan, he may be one of the best ever and probably would be the best ever if he had the work ethic of someone like Jerry Rice.

the only reason i specified is the fact i didnt want to leave the question open to his character issues. and as for the latter, not much fodder for the enemies in quite a while.
what do you know specifically about moss' work ethic? that kid looks pretty ripped to me. i dont think i would like to see him blow up like david boston. but i know the point you are trying to make, i dont think that moss cares what people see so why bother?

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
i can't wait any longer for this game..and this was a short week. good lord im about as anxious as it gets.

I feel the same way. This is a short week but it seems real long. Going back to work and collecting on a bet with my boss will be sweet too. Well not the going back to work bit.
Later
Leopardmech

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts