How did Rouse play ?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well since the Vikes couldn't get out of their own way through 3 quarters in the passing game, I would be hard to say either way because they never really tested him.

But as Bozz stated.. no gaffs to reports and seemed to be up around the ball on the running plays.. kid will be alright..

This week might not be much more of a test.. Carolina might trot out a RB to play QB this week if things don't get better on their end soon.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mccarthy saod he graded out...which means no ral errors, likewise for the rest of the team since we shut out the vikings

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
you didn't hear his name = no mess-ups.

ipso facto, he played fine.

Exactly. I forgot he was even playing till the 3rd quarter, then the next play Rouse and Harris killed AP.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he also learned you have to wrap them up in this league. He put the pads to a couple of guys and they didn't go down so he's still got to put what worked in college in the past.

Considering it being his first start he's got a ton of upside.

Again. Aint depth grand. Two years ago we would have been starting someone nobody has ever heard of and now we have third rounders with some ability to bring in when needed.

Big difference.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was the starting safety on a defense that shut out an NFL offense.

i think he did pretty good.

he had a pretty good lick on Robert Ferguson going out of bounds too if i remember correctly. thats good enough for a game ball in my opinion.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if nothing else this game time experience could prove invaluable for the future...who knows what will happen with collins in the future, its always good to have depth with game time experience....

go pack

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Again. Aint depth grand. Two years ago we would have been starting someone nobody has ever heard of and now we have third rounders with some ability to bring in when needed.

Big difference.

Half way through the season and I am willing to conceed, that the talent base is heads above the last 2 to 3 years.. I am a believer that while in some areas we might be a bit weaker, overall, it is a much stronger and deeper team that we have seen in a number of years.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defensive coordinator Bob Sanders said rookie safety Aaron Rouse "had a couple missed tackles, but certainly was in excellent position most of the day" in his first NFL start. McCarthy called Rouse's effort "solid," despite three missed three tackles. ... Sanders said the linebackers "probably had their best game overall as a unit." ...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did miss a tackle on I believe Chester Taylor. He did ok I would say. Nothing horrible but nothing outstanding either.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope rouse plays real well........i just heard that nick collins will be out 3 more weeks...... :(

so yah its gonna be interesting how we cover whitten and t.o

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts