How about this trade scenario?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goal is to acquire TJ Watt and Joe Mixon similarly to when TT got Raji and Matthews

Trade 1 Browns jump back into 1st to grab a qb and secure 5th year.
Packers get #33 and 52
Brown's get #29 and 61

Round 2 #33 Linebacker TJ Watt Wisconsin

At 6-4 252 Watt has the size to play inside or out, to rush the passer, drop into coverage, or set the edge against the run. He also has the speed to run with tight ends down the seam at 4.69 in the 40. His work ethic and drive will be unmatched and when paired with a 6.79 3 cone drill, 4.13 20 yard shuttle, and production last season his pro potential is too much to pass up at 29. Just like his older brother I see him being a much better nfl player than he was as a college.

Trade 2 With all the qbs gone Jets trade back to gain an extra 3rd rounder.
Packers get #39
Jets get #52 and 93

Round 2 #39 Running Back Joe Mixon Oklahoma

At 6-1 228 Mixon has the size to hold up in the NFL, he also has the speed to be a threat to score from anywhere on the field. Pair that with the fact that he is an excellent receiver and more than willing and capable of holding up in pass protection and you have the perfect back for the packers offense. Look for him to come in and split carries with Montgomery while he learns the offense. By the end of the season id expect him to get the bulk of the carries and look like he's well on his way to breaking Ahman Greens franchise rushing record.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Goal is to acquire TJ Watt and Joe Mixon similarly to when TT got Raji and Matthews

Packers get #33 and 52
Brown's get #29 and 61

At 6-4 252 Watt has the size to play inside or out, to rush the passer, drop into coverage, or set the edge against the run. He also has the speed to run with tight ends down the seam at 4.69 in the 40. His work ethic and drive will be unmatched and when paired with a 6.79 3 cone drill, 4.13 20 yard shuttle, and production last season his pro potential is too much to pass up at 29. Just like his older brother I see him being a much better nfl player than he was as a college.

Packers get #39
Jets get #52 and 93

At 6-1 228 Mixon has the size to hold up in the NFL, he also has the speed to be a threat to score from anywhere on the field. Pair that with the fact that he is an excellent receiver and more than willing and capable of holding up in pass protection and you have the perfect back for the packers offense. Look for him to come in and split carries with Montgomery while he learns the offense. By the end of the season id expect him to get the bulk of the carries and look like he's well on his way to breaking Ahman Greens franchise rushing record.

I love it but I don't think we have to get TJ Watt. There are other edge rushers but not against getting both of these guys.

Mixon is Adrian Peterson with hands. He should be the focus if he is available. He would be best player available and he also fills a need. What more do you want?

It makes so much sense that I doubt Thompson will do it. He will probably reach for a corner here.

D

Deleted member 6794

At 6-4 252 Watt has the size to play inside or out, to rush the passer, drop into coverage, or set the edge against the run.

There's no way the Packers line up a 252 pound outside linebacker on the inside even in subpackages.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way the Packers line up a 252 pound outside linebacker on the inside even in subpackages.

By inside I was talking about inside linebacker. I think hed be a better ilb than anyone currently on the roster but obviously his best spot would be outside.

I love it but I don't think we have to get TJ Watt. There are other edge rushers but not against getting both of these guys.

Don't think we need Watt either as yeah there are others which is not the case with Mixon. I'm just starting to think watt might end up being the best. I liked Willis cuz I'm partial to speed and his 1.54 10 yard split and 4.52 40 and 6.85 3 cone are enticing but watt has similar numbers and I just think football is all he has in life. I'd be happy with either

D

Deleted member 6794

By inside I was talking about inside linebacker. I think hed be a better ilb than anyone currently on the roster but obviously his best spot would be outside.

I don't believe that Watt would be a decent fit at inside linebacker.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Don't think we need Watt either as yeah there are others which is not the case with Mixon. I'm just starting to think watt might end up being the best. I liked Willis cuz I'm partial to speed and his 1.54 10 yard split and 4.52 40 and 6.85 3 cone are enticing but watt has similar numbers and I just think football is all he has in life. I'd be happy with either

I'd prefer Harris but he won't be there. They could also go Derek Rivers here. Bowser would be another option but he scares me a bit.

You package any of them with Mixon and I'd be pretty happy.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd prefer Harris but he won't be there. They could also go Derek Rivers here. Bowser would be another option but he scares me a bit.

You package any of them with Mixon and I'd be pretty happy.

Don't like Bowser and Rivers nearly as much as watt or Willis. Essentially your trading back to get watt and up to get mixon

D

Deleted member 6794

Not saying draft him as ilb saying that he could be moved around much the same way as Matthews has been.

I'm fine with moving outside linebackers around occasionally but prefer them to line up on the edge most of the time.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Packers get #33 and 52
Brown's get #29 and 61

Packers get #39
Jets get #52 and 93

So you are OK with the current Packer secondary as you'd not have a shot at a DB before round 4.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they draft either Kevin king or tj watt they the two people I think they are most interested in. I can also see them trading up into the second round to get mixon just my opinion
Tre white is in the mix too

Members online

Latest posts